Maintenance: Battery

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
BlackSamurai said:
Yu, yah, i know, DIN design have a lower connector. Luckily for our car, both DIN and normal battery are acceptable. What's your battery size now? still DIN66?

Ace, wanna ask you long time ago, what's the steel grill in front of the battery? it looks like a trail to hold the square box for me.
BS,
Sorry for the late reply. Being busy lately. Do you mean the customise steel grill that is holding the square box? if it is then thats my main fuse box for my sound system that goes to the capacitor at my boot. I can't find a space to put it. So this is the next best thing to do. :_:

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
BS,
I recently had the battery problem like you mentioned. Last time I use to drive my car but now not so often. My battery almost die if I don't drive for 3-5 days, even before that I drove around to charged it up. For the moment I thought sometime is wrong with my coupe elec wiring. So, I guess its a common problem for those who don't drive their coupe often.:sad_smile:

I also sent in my GP battery to claim for a new one (yeap the one I sent you the pictures) after screwing the mechanic for giving me a faulty unit. (actually I already used it for like 3-4months with only weekend driving or start occasionally and I didn't actually tell him that. :X-: ).

That is why I'm getting a DIN66 equivalent battery to cater for that. I have huge audio system pulling power from the car. Luckly I had a 2 farad audio capacitor to buffer some of the juice. Otherwise the battery won't last long either. As long as the battery capacity is capable of 65amp and above. It is consider as heavy duty.

Now I'm awaiting the new unit to arrive and perhaps do a test and report it here so that every members able to know.

To all, those who have expriences with battery, please put in your comment so that all members can benefits from it.

BlackSamurai said:
Daniel,you may want to kill me, i just recall i have a DIN55 battery sit on the floor doing nothing

I can sell you that with RM50 :biggrin:
I can't use that because the battery die after i didn't move the car for 3 days. If you use it for daily use, shouldn't be a problem.

I never use that the dry cell, they shouldn't have acid problem, bcoz it's fully seal.

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Ace, give me some of your ICE products to reduce the load on your battery so you will have longer lasting battery lo................hehehehehehe.................. :p

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
don't lah korek my coupe.. I save up years of budget just to get my dream system leh... :)

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Hahahahaha...Just joking only. Dare not hurt your precious baby.
I must learn more about your ICE products when I come visit you. :)

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Ace, i went to windows shopping and found that your NS70 maintenance free battery cost more than RM300 on the sales rack...

:shocked:

dartango

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
Can someone explained what is DIN55, DIN66 all about?
I am kinda confused. For normal usage, which one should I go for?

fyi, I changed a "maintenance free" battery last year for RM180 for my previous car and now swapped to my dad's car. How come now so expensive???

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
darren,
for not-maintenance-free battery, "55", "66" are all battery size. The bigger the number, the more cell the battery it contains, which mean more current can be stored.

and for not-maintenance-free battery, there are 2 type, DIN or non-DIN (this is normal type). The different between DIN is the battery connectors are shorter, usually.

for non-DIN, the battery connectors pop-up from the surface. For Coupe, we can use either DIN or non-DIN. For better look, of course DIN is better (right, Yu? :biggrin:)

DIN 66 (I'm using this)

Non-DIN (pay attention to the connector head)

source:
http://www.tkyoko.com/eng/modules.php?name=products&file=index

http://www.malaysiabattery.com/automotive_batteries-extra_power.html

PS: This Yakohama battery has nothing to do with Yokohama tires, it's a local brand.

Last edited:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
err, daniel, no, there are quite a look, check Ace's battery pic posted earlier in this thread.

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
Hi all,
The DIN and Non-DIN actually determine by your own personal perferences. DIN series are known to have more amp than normal battery. Some MF battery has the same amp as DIN as well. 60amp and above is consider very good battery. Its the hold charge capability that determine who is the best and of course the price too.

BS,
Mined is NS70L. coupe use L as the polarity + and - is reversed. But I think the price should be the same. I got it less than RM300 leh. It just that coupe suck battery even when not starting. Thats is why We need good battery.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Ace, the other funny thing is, in Eunos, they label your GP-Atlas NS70L as "Make in Korea". Funny.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Ace, I was told that only Gen2 have the reverse battery design (+ near the chassis - near the engine) which is very dangerous (anytime + touch the chassis, which is -, spark happen).

Ours is normal like other car (+ near the engine interior, - near chassis)