Maintenance: Battery

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Hi, guys!
Today I found out that my battery flat out and I can't start my car after leaving it idle for 4 days. Anyway, the battery already worked over two years which I'm very satisfied with.

I would like to find out what is the current price for Coupe battery and would like to know which brand of batteries that can do a good job like my previous battery.
The workshop I visit quote me RM 195 for the battery.
I'll appreciate if anyone can provide me with the current battery prices that comes with good quality and can last for at least two years.

Thank you!:_:

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
My battery can only last me about 1 year only, maybe I do a lot of start up per day, more than 10 times a day, some time even 20 times. The longest is about 1.5 year only.

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Yu, frequent starting of the car won't shorten the battery's life.
The battery life depends on how much it has "cycled".

The battery in a car is meant only for starting and to supply energy when the car is stationary or at times when there is a very large load. Once the car has started, the alternator should be able to handle all the current needed by the car. The problem usually arises when the total current load of the car exceeds the supply from the alternator and so the battery starts discharging. This usually occurs at night and when it is raining and all accessories are turned on. When this happens, the battery is gradually discharging but when the load is taken off, the battery will get back to a full charge. It is this cycling that wears out a battery and the more cycles there are, the earlier the battery has to be replaced.

Yu, you sure have lots of ICE products in your car......hehehe.......:_:

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Anyway, Yu, how much do you pay for the battery?
I don't wanna get slaughter........ :-(

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
go for branded. Yokohama shall be the best for local make battery,
I just installed DIN66.

For battery made in japan, GP shall be 1 of the good choice. check Ace's battery

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Daniel, if you are not playing with ICE, you shouldn't get that big battery, both Yu and Ace play ICE,

Ace is using 70, I'm using 66, but previously I'm using 55 only.
Price wise, I can't tell.

Ace, how much is yout NS70L?

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
BS,
If my memory serves me right the price is Rm195 when I bought it. Every battery could last me 1 or 1.5 years only (I think my sound system if draining the battery fast hehe).

Last week, I totally drained my battery flat without knowing it because of me starting and warm up the engine every 3 days for 5 mins. Have to jump start from my Satria and after when to check, the workshop mech actually advise me to at least run the engine for 15mins to let the battery charged. If possible drive it around. What to do, seldom drive.

Rgds,
Ace

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
BS,
The DIN battery is much more expensive, as u can see the + & - is the same level as the battery, & the NS + & - is higher, I like DIN b'coz look nicer.
The most demage thing to the battery is the more u start ur car, when the time u start, this is the time using the most power from ur battery, if the car can't start & u keep on starting, i think about 1 or 2 minute the battery will flat out. As the car is running, u'll get the power from the altenator.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
15 mins ar, petrol a lot gone, man.
shit, my car doesn't move an inch for 6 days, tomorrow morning bring it out for a jog.

Anyone wanna have breakfast tomorrow around PJ? Coupe breakfast TT. :biggrin:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Yu, yah, i know, DIN design have a lower connector. Luckily for our car, both DIN and normal battery are acceptable. What's your battery size now? still DIN66?

Ace, wanna ask you long time ago, what's the steel grill in front of the battery? it looks like a trail to hold the square box for me.

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
BS, yap I'm still using this DIN 66, just bought it about 4 - 5 months ago.
I think Ace's steel is to hold the fuse box, is 150A.
Daniel Lee, I can't remenber how much I bought my battery, may be $180.00 or $280.00, I'll check for it, the price printed on the battery is 3 hundred ++
BS, where have u been? why ur car sleeping at home? hehe...

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
my car rest at home for 6 days, yesterday night plan to take out for ride, KL have a heavy down pour, so stop the plan, stay at home and sleep. :biggrin:
(Thanks to the down pour, KL have clear sky, how about Penang and Melaka?)

like kelvin and darren said, my car like month-end car liao. :biggrin:
right, C-heng darren? :biggrin:

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Hi guys!
I changed my battery last friday. DIN 55 for RM190. Liquid based battery.
When the mechanic changed the battery, I found something terrible.
Those acid hablur that the battery produce at the positive terminal had flow down to the base that holds the battery. It rotten the base like it had been bitten by mice. The mechanic put oil all over the base and cut a piece of plastic to put on top of the base.

Yu, the retail price of the battery printed on it is overpriced. The price on the battery I bought stated RM270 and I bought it for RM190. I think the battery is far much cheaper.

The rain had caused my car to be extra filthy on the outside. All my windows are covered by a thin layer of white dust. Tomorrow must give my car a bath.:Not_Impressed:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Daniel, careful about that acid thing.

happen to my brother's wira, acid kill the battery holder, 1 fine day we found that the car can't engage with 3rd gear slowly the problem extend 1st gear.

We thought we need to change the gearbox, later found that the battery bay rotten :p, the battery fall on top of the gearbox causing the problem.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As per title, which car drive or handle better?

-neo
-EF, EG, EK (all same?)
-beemer (any specific model?)

i am surveying for secondhand car now, thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience