Maintenance: Battery

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
err, daniel, no, there are quite a look, check Ace's battery pic posted earlier in this thread.

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
Hi all,
The DIN and Non-DIN actually determine by your own personal perferences. DIN series are known to have more amp than normal battery. Some MF battery has the same amp as DIN as well. 60amp and above is consider very good battery. Its the hold charge capability that determine who is the best and of course the price too.

BS,
Mined is NS70L. coupe use L as the polarity + and - is reversed. But I think the price should be the same. I got it less than RM300 leh. It just that coupe suck battery even when not starting. Thats is why We need good battery.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Ace, the other funny thing is, in Eunos, they label your GP-Atlas NS70L as "Make in Korea". Funny.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Ace, I was told that only Gen2 have the reverse battery design (+ near the chassis - near the engine) which is very dangerous (anytime + touch the chassis, which is -, spark happen).

Ours is normal like other car (+ near the engine interior, - near chassis)

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
BS,
I didn't know that GP is from Korea. Actually I don't mine where is it from or how it looks. As long as it last longer for my coupe to hibernate then it is okay. I was told by my mechanic this is one of the highest amp MF battery with 65amp and very close to DIN66 of 66amp capacity. But not very sure on how is the cold reserved charged compare to DIN66. Anything higher is either OPTIMA series battery or those use by Mini Lorry. Both have the huge amount of reserved amp to start your car even prolong unused.

BS,
How the performance of your DIN66 series? How long did you use already (months?) How often did you start your car? Usually when the battery is new, shouldn't be any problem even 2 weeks also didn't start. But after 3 or 4 months. You will have weak battery.

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Better warm up the car every 3 to 4days without using.
If the load cycles of the battery are frequent, the battery will worn out very fast.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Ace said:
BS,
How the performance of your DIN66 series? How long did you use already (months?) How often did you start your car? Usually when the battery is new, shouldn't be any problem even 2 weeks also didn't start. But after 3 or 4 months. You will have weak battery.
Frankly. the Yokohama DIN66,

so far longest period i tried is 5 1/2 days. No problem (touch wood).
And I realise my starter crank 1 more round compare with the older battery.

Previous DIN55, *crank* *crank* *crank*, car started
Yoko DIN66, *crank* *crank* *crank* *crank*.

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
So far so good for me, many years liau, also change many liau, last for about ngam ngam 1 year to 1.5 year

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
Thats why it is advisable to drive your coupe out every 3 days or so. BS you better do that or your battery will cong fast. I now exercise my coupe every 3 days driving out to work.

Yu,
You won't be having problem with the battery as you drive out everyday. You will maximise the usage of the battery. In another word. You are more worth it of owning the battery. Me and BS is a waste of battery hehe.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/o-ASWqdhxQg" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="400" width="700"></iframe>

I found this video especially interesting since the A45 is currently one of the most sought after hot hatch today. Even more so now with the recently launched facelifted 380hp version.

In this video, ex-Petronas Team Syntium...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience