Maintenance: Battery

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Actually there is a way to remedy the problem face by Ace and BS.
Just disconnect the battery when the your coupes are hibernating.

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
Daniel,
I actually thought of that also, even was thinking of plugging out the 100A fuse that link all the power. But then again too many time of plug unplug or screw unscrew will make all the connection loose mah.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
daniel, my connector... need to knock in order to install or removed, due to it's unique design. :biggrin:

so not practical for me.

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Aiyoh! I also got headache thinking of a better solution for you guys!

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
The price of maitaining a weekend or second car = petrol to warm up + quality shampoo & wax/polish paste + tyres + battery + quality cover
So pricey.
Ace, BS,
did I miss anything in my list ah? :)

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
Nope..well highlighted! :biggrin: You got us there.

Daniel Lee said:
The price of maitaining a weekend or second car = petrol to warm up + quality shampoo & wax/polish paste + tyres + battery + quality cover
So pricey.
Ace, BS,

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Daniel Lee said:
So pricey.
Ace, BS,
Plus, Weather will determine your ride... Am I right, Ace. :biggrin:

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Actually if we seldom drive, will it affect other moving mechanism in our car?
I seldom drive when I'm having long holidays.
Normally refill 5 to 8 times of fuel every month but during holiday period, only refill one or twice per month.

Last edited:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
wah, Daniel, I refill once every 3 weeks (in average), looks like you Coupe run lesser than mine!

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Yupe, only when holiday seasons. hehehe...
That's why I'm always asking for gatherings so our coupes can come out for some exercise. ;)

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
yaloh, I'm maximise the usage of the battery, I start my car about 20 times a day & is every day.
If about a week not starting the car & the battery is out of order, than must be some thing wrong, may be electric leaking or the battery is not good. Last time I use my brother's car for about 2 months time, & my coupe is park with out starting for about 2 months, still very good in starting.

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
What's the function of a start relay?
I heard that our start relay easily malfunction.
Can show me the pics for a Coupe start relay?

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
If starter problem then you won't be able to start your car at all. You can't even hear a click.

Yu,
If you battery is new or fully charge and daily driven and suddenly not drving for 2 weeks is still okay. Try driving only once a week for 2 or 3 months and you would know what I mean. That is why those new Hyundai Car all proudly stated that their car comes with a Motorola microchip that able to shutdown and conserved battery when long period not using. Take one brochure from Hyundai showroom and you will see what I mean.

A mechanic told me that if you just install a new battery and in 2 or 3 days not using the car and no battery charge then it might be the relay is draining the battery. It might be like what you said that it may be the faulty battery also. My local accessories shop boss also told me that if there is a short circuit on the wire. The car won't be draining battery it will blow your fuse one by one. He also confirm that if you didn't drive your car often for one week. You WILL drain the battery out of juice. Fuel injection car consume more electric juice then carb engine. Thats why I'm still happly keeping my Satria.

Since you guys are talking about relay. FYI, I already change both relays on my car. One at the engine bay and another inside under the driver side where it is called MFI relay. This thing is running very hot when it is on. Actually I also change a few relay on the engine bay also. Only the starter relay I'm using ori from Hyundai (OMRON brand) damn blady expensive. If cost me RM50 for one where the rest of the relay I outsourced and got it for RM14 only.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi folks...i planing to restore a car from scratch so iv ady found the body of the car but sadly the engine is not there...iv got all the documents and grand of the car but i dont know how do i proceed for transferring ownership since the car is not running and i cant get the approval from puspakom...on the other hand, i dont want after i finished the project under the previous owner name then later he report the car as stolen or etc....what about the engine transplant since im planing to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience