Maintenance: Battery

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Ace said:
That is why those new Hyundai Car all proudly stated that their car comes with a Motorola microchip that able to shutdown and conserved battery when long period not using. Take one brochure from Hyundai showroom and you will see what I mean.
sharon, is it possible for you to share this with us? :biggrin:

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
oh ya, urs is weekend car, ic.
Me too have change a relay, my air-con blower relay can't tahan, burn few times till the holder is melt, I change a bigger relay & is ok now.

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
I don't know, 1 day the air-con blower is not working, after checking is the relay, change a new 1, after about few months the blower not working again, Ah Min check for me, the relay is too hot till melt the relay holder, even the wire is harden, the amp is too big for the relay. he order a 90amp relay for me.
ei, I will take a pic & post it latter, I know liau, hehehehe....:Not_Impressed:

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
God, I pray to you that Yu's is a Mitsu fuse box so I don't have to worry mine.
hahahahahaha..............jk...jk...

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
hahahaha....... this is Hyundai fuse box.........! Looks like some 1 is worry, better open up ur fuse box & check ohh.... I have change 2 fuse before, the 2 also missing out the cover.:mouth_closed: Any 1 missing the fuse cover too?

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
Yu911,
don't tell me that you are using mitsu engine on a hyundai fuse box? If that the case then it could be the alternative and voltage regulator is pumping diff rating to your hyundai fuse box. But Daniel you got to keep an eye on the starter relay and MFI relay these 2 are the culprit when the car can't start.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Yu, I'm surprise to know that you are using Hyundai Fuse box for 4G63T
I only open it once, which is 2 years ago, when my hon is not functioning. (Too long never use hon :biggrin:)

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Wah, I haven't check my fuses in the fuse box for years.
Only wipe the surface of the fuse box everytime I clean my engine bay.
Must check it when I'm free.
Any tips on how to check those fuses?
I'm not so good when it comes to this.

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Yes, I'm using mitsu engine on a hyundai fuse box, looks ori mah.
Ace, I have this problem before I change my engine.
I have change my air-con blower too, maybe I use longer time than u all?.....
Don't u all have this problem?
my air hon is not working few day ago, Ah Min check for me & it's hon relay, change 1 new, no charge, I think Ah Min is sot sot de, I said to him I must pay, just tell me how much, he say no charge, I still want to pay, so he say RM1, than I say don play play lah, so he say RM2, till the end I pay RM2, I think the relay must be dammmmmm cheap or he is sot sot de

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
Yu,
Thats why you have this relay problem. I actually sort an advise from one of my local sifu that are expert in electronic relay, alternators and has over more than 20 years of exprience.

What he advise is don't buy those super cheap relay as it is very hard for one person to test whether the relay is healthy or not. A lot of those relay has very low tolerences. he even show me a full box of faulty cheap relay which looks very very new. He said those reliable relay usually cost RM14 and above with proper box and manufacturer print and brand.

There are actually 12V and 14V option. Conti Car are all 14V so I actually bought these 14V relay for my aircon, horn, blower (even it is still ok) but original Hyundai OMRON for the starter (because faulty and blady RM50). He say those 14v can be use as it has higher tolerences. You know lah we usually have zero knowledge in this kind of stuff. So just follow his advise.

Ace

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
u r right, last time I only use boss relay, but my friend say the ori relay from car is better than the after market relay, every time he change engine he will keep all the ori relay, may be is the ori used relay he give me, must check with him.
The red colour 90amp relay is not cheap, if I'm not wrong 1 cost more than RM60