Insanely High 4AFE Fuel Consumption

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
How to remove EFI fuse ? The fuse located at where ? At the engine bay or near the driver seat ?

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

Oh ya btw, to reset the ECU just remove the negative connector from the battery for a few hours .. probably overnight .. then its done
Yes u can do that too but then u will hav 2 set the radio bac etc.. Easier just remove the fuse located at engine bay mark EFI.

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
Nevermind, cause I dont listens to radio .. radio likes to broadcast songs that I hate haha .. prefer cd :D HEY ! I just reset my ecu .. now my car response damn good .. even at 5th gear give provides much torque that I had lost years ago !

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Haha.... :sleep:

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
My FC on my 3sfe has been bad all these years. Full tank 38L~40L can go around 350km only .. suspect o2 sensor problem ..

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I have checked already today... The Myvi O2 sensor can be used...Got reading and it is standard reading. 0.2-0.8 V.
But does this emans the FC is like that???!!!?? WTF???

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
I have checked already today... The Myvi O2 sensor can be used...Got reading and it is standard reading. 0.2-0.8 V.
But does this emans the FC is like that???!!!?? WTF???
Since it got the standard reading, give the ECU some time for it to re-learn itself.. :)

Still no feedback from xMika..maybe he's happy dy? heheh..

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
My FC on my 3sfe has been bad all these years. Full tank 38L~40L can go around 350km only .. suspect o2 sensor problem ..
wow..
much more bad compared to my 3sgte..
if it is o2 sensor problem, better fix it as soon as possible

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
Haha .. waiting for my feedback ahh .. Ok just be honest, my fc has not improved at all LOL !!! My o2 sensor i think rosak for few years already .. i just got this car since last year. When 2 of my sisters drive this car, they dont give a damn about this car. Girls mah .. duno how to appreciate cars. Now I only know the problem of this car. I think my dad wasted more than RM3000 worth of petrol already ... he always say that this car is a 2.0liter car, somemore 19 years old already .. high fuel consumption is normal .. I told him that it could be O2 sensor problem .. he just wouldnt listens to me ... because I told him O2 sensor could cost a few hundred.. I'M DARN ANGRY !!! My dad is mmg like that .. his toyota unser's engine oil kosong until one drip also no more already he still dare to drive for about 3 weeks .. then complain about the car losing power WTF !!! When I check for him, I'm shocked .. I told him that engine oil no more, he say nvrmind la inside the engine got reserve tank !!!!!!!! THEN DRIVE SOMEMORE CB !!

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
Btw, if o2 sensor faulty already, the engine check light will lights on for sure ?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Haha .. waiting for my feedback ahh .. Ok just be honest, my fc has not improved at all LOL !!! My o2 sensor i think rosak for few years already .. i just got this car since last year. When 2 of my sisters drive this car, they dont give a damn about this car. Girls mah .. duno how to appreciate cars. Now I only know the problem of this car. I think my dad wasted more than RM3000 worth of petrol already ... he always say that this car is a 2.0liter car, somemore 19 years old already .. high fuel consumption is normal .. I told him that it could be O2 sensor problem .. he just wouldnt listens to me ... because I told him O2 sensor could cost a few hundred.. I'M DARN ANGRY !!! My dad is mmg like that .. his toyota unser's engine oil kosong until one drip also no more already he still dare to drive for about 3 weeks .. then complain about the car losing power WTF !!! When I check for him, I'm shocked .. I told him that engine oil no more, he say nvrmind la inside the engine got reserve tank !!!!!!!! THEN DRIVE SOMEMORE CB !!
Maybe dads are like that Lol... Same here... My dad drive a trooper last time... The mechanic advised him to change the turbo. When I tested, I said the turbo is not suitable as it is for bigger cc cars. It start boosting around 2.4k rpm and that is damn late for a diesel car. The previous ori turbo start boost around 2k rpm and by 2.5k, can get 10 psi... Great FC and power.... After change become underpower... but He didn't listen until one day, He realise what I said is true... Zzz...

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Since it got the standard reading, give the ECU some time for it to re-learn itself.. :)

Still no feedback from xMika..maybe he's happy dy? heheh..
How to relearn? These standard ECUs are non-programmable. They already have set settings. Now I don't know why the FC still same. Since got reading form the sensor, the FC should be better... Gonna check if got any leaks in the exhaust manifold... In case got fresh air get in and f*** up the reading...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I think I've found one of the reason why my car is so thirsty... Will try to fix it soon... ^^

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
Why why ? Please share .. I think of of my problem of high FC is due to Shell's RON95 petrol LOL .. I'm switching to Caltex for my next few tanks to check out the FC :)

Btw, Corona ST171 with 3SFE engine has programmable ECU which can adjust itself or its settings is standard and cannot be changed ?

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
How to relearn? These standard ECUs are non-programmable. They already have set settings. Now I don't know why the FC still same. Since got reading form the sensor, the FC should be better... Gonna check if got any leaks in the exhaust manifold... In case got fresh air get in and f*** up the reading...

some of the ecu got fuzzy logic function which learn on how you drive..
if you always step on the accelerator pedal, it would learn from it and revice the setting according to how you drive it.the setting is not 100% fix.it will readjust to match with our driving style. that's why afc didn't working well in 20v ecu(maybe to other toyota ecu as well). because it will revert back to the predetermined default setting

just my 10 sen

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifus out there!!

i need to know what are the downside to knife edge crankshaft lightening?? better to know the downside first i reckon.and what are the goodsides?? i'm re building my engine,so kinda have this in my list.thanks!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience