20V Standalone or Piggy for Highcams?

blanquito

Known Member
Mar 27, 2007
Hie ...

I would like to get opinion from experienced 20V drivers/racers here ...

I have a pair of 288deg 8.5lift cams ... in and ex ..
Engine 20V ST stock with metal head gasket
Wiring BT Auto and currently running on AUTO stock ECU
Open port 4 throttle
KE70 Chassis
I have adjustable cam pulleys ready
Getting the valve spring soon ...

Wanted to try running on stock ecu .. possible ?
For hobby drift and fun drive ... not serious racing use ..

Any suggestion and experience on ECU of choice ? ...

012-2028182

Thank you

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
ecu choice...
got extra money go standalone..
piggyback...can use but still kacau fuel trim..that what i notice before la..with e-manage..
if get aftermarket ecu with increase rev cut...better...

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
toda reckon max 264 degree cam for svt with stock management.....bt 272.....best use standalone with ur cams

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Emanage will do for budget wise.. Make sure got valve spring and fpr!!!

Finally u need a experience tuner to finish the job...

Of course standalone is best but cost BOMB...

vh-101

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2006
Unichip also ok

blanquito

Known Member
Mar 27, 2007
Emanage will do for budget wise.. Make sure got valve spring and fpr!!!

Finally u need a experience tuner to finish the job...

Of course standalone is best but cost BOMB...
It is ok with Emanage ? ...
Will it be visible difference ? ..

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
It is ok with Emanage ? ...
Will it be visible difference ? ..
its ok with Emanage cus u need a correct air/fuel map for ur high duration cam profile which emange can did the job .. but if u wan compare with standalone sure Emanage not perfect yet.. apa less.. i not sure.. cus i never used standalone be4.

visible difference.. this question is too simple.. cant answer u much..

sure alot differ if u using stock ecu with this high profile cam.. mayb start the engine also problem.. hahahhaha..

if wrong info.. dont shoot.. i tell what i know only. hahhaha:driver::driver::driver::driver:

blanquito

Known Member
Mar 27, 2007
very good to have nice and positive feedback .... thank you alot ...
I am in the direction to go for Haltech ... low end Standalone ...
might be hunting for E6X ...
maybe also will end up with Emanage hehehheheh

making me crazy ... all because of $$$$$$$$$ DAMMMM:banghead::banghead::banghead:

km_chew

Known Member
Aug 10, 2004
Penang
Hmm, i'm going to help by highlighting a few things about this ECU. Got the facts from Haltech web, via

Haltech – Engine Management Systems

The tuning method available kinda basic. It's
Load sensing by throttle position or manifold pressure (MAP)

ECU programmable output is only 2. For my usage when you go start to go further, it isn't enough. Especially when you start to control everything via ECU.

Well, for this price it should be enough since this is one of the entry offering from Haltech. Not to say it won't chunk out power, put in the hand of cuscostructbrace this is a magic.

My humble opinion, 20v with or without the VVT works very well when it is tune via TPS and MAP. If either or only, it isn't that smooth. However, top end power remain the same either way.

100% tuner dependent, really! Don't forget to dial your cam pulley before you tune. Have fun ..

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Haltech Sprint 500! Contact cuscostrutbrase for affordable price and satisfaction work!
Wong,slow slow la,haha...

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

after using em-blue... i regret for not saving more...:hmmmm:
otherwise Haltech S500 for me...
how your car,any noticable ecu learning back?

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Hmm, i'm going to help by highlighting a few things about this ECU. Got the facts from Haltech web, via

Haltech – Engine Management Systems

The tuning method available kinda basic. It's
Load sensing by throttle position or manifold pressure (MAP)

ECU programmable output is only 2. For my usage when you go start to go further, it isn't enough. Especially when you start to control everything via ECU.

Well, for this price it should be enough since this is one of the entry offering from Haltech. Not to say it won't chunk out power, put in the hand of cuscostructbrace this is a magic.

My humble opinion, 20v with or without the VVT works very well when it is tune via TPS and MAP. If either or only, it isn't that smooth. However, top end power remain the same either way.

100% tuner dependent, really! Don't forget to dial your cam pulley before you tune. Have fun ..
Chew...you are right,sprint 500 is entry level ecu from Haltech,it is meant to be a cheap stand alone for people who doesnt require much input and outputs.

For 4 cylinder engine,it can control 4 injectior sequentially and 4 individual coils(COPS).It has 2 fixed output (tacho and radiator fan) and 2 general purpose output(GPO).On the input it has fixed speed input,o2 sensor and aux rev limiter(for launch control).

Lets take example for 4AG (16v/20v) for street use;

Injector and coils not a problem,can control 4 injector and coils.On the GPO.one of the 2 GPO is fot VVT and the other one can be used to control anything you want(ie:idle up).

Basically there is everything you need,but for true engine management solution for street use,we need more input and outputs for a/c,electrical load,better idle control when loads come on and off,and even worse if sprint 500 used on turbo vehicle whereby we want to control the boost solenoid using the ecu,the I/O is not enough.

For that there is the sport1000,which is more expensive.For me,if the car is for track use,sprint 500 is good enough,depends on the degree of auxilary stuff we want to control.For street use also not a problem,but have to sacrifice on the a/c control,which is not a problem as we can run the a/c separately,just that the refinement not as good as stock.

Power wise,it is in the hand of the tuner,but surely it will be better than stock,and no case of 'ecu learns back'

About the load sensing method for new haltech series,you can control the fuel using TPS with MAP correction.

km_chew

Known Member
Aug 10, 2004
Penang
With your magic touches, anything flies ... Lolx

Any idea when the LC1 need to calibrate? Any certain mileage or month?