4age 20v BT cannot start after reset ecu

man3121

Mar 13, 2013
Kulim, Kedah
Hi all.
My car (4age 20V BT) cannot start after reset ecu. Adjustable fuel regulator setting at 2.8 bar.
History of my engine:
"semput semput" before 5000rpm at 3rd, 4th and 5th gear. 1st gear and 2nd gear ok.
VVT not tringger during drive but trigger early at 4000 rpm during rev "kosong" (car not moving). I intall 12v dc LED for vvt.
No CEL appear

I suspect my 02 sensor damage but before I replace that part, I try to reset ecu first. After reset ecu, car still can start n moving but with trouble idling. I park for 2 day one night without start and after that, my car cannot start already. Already check ecu. Ecu looking good. Just check physically.
smell petrol came out from TB and ekzos during start. Spark plug wet with petrol.
can anyone give me some advise for this problem?
thank you

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Check ignition system? Common culprit after so many years is distributor and/or ignition coil (which is a part of the distributor itself).

man3121

Mar 13, 2013
Kulim, Kedah
tq levin818 and veloc for you reply. I also suspected that my ECU are already dead. But i not have friend using same engine for swap the ECU. How could i checking the ECU?

I check already the inginition. All spark plug and distributor spark cable have spark during cranking engine.

Untill this update, my car still dead.

Just now, i changing OEM pressure regulator because i suspect my adjustable fuel regulator already leaking but same result. Still, after cranking engine, petrol smell came out from TB and i checking the spark plug, is so wet with petrol.

ISCV and o2 sensor are related for this problem?

Or timing also related for this problem? Early September ago, i did distrub the distributor but i put back on previous setting. I marking distributor before disturb that distributor.

i hope someone can give me idea how to check ECU..

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Or an easier method, test one or two more ecu on your engine and see.

man3121

Mar 13, 2013
Kulim, Kedah
ok. tonight i will snap ECU board pic for you see and clarify. But i already looking on ECU pcb last night and found NO electronic compenent burnt, blow or oksida. Checking more than twice times and my wife also confirmed to me, that no leaking capasitor, burnt or blow component. But, i not person so familiar with electronic component. I just see on phyically using eye (not checking with multimeter or ossiloscop or etc).

Note: Sorry for my english. My english so poor.

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

if ECU died, that ECU still can repair or just throw away and swap with another ECU? Where place can i repair the ECU? "Berbaloi" to repair or just replace with another ECU?

How much in nowaday market price for ECU 4age 20V BT 5 speed manual, halfcut / 2nd condition?

My head so headdick because my car still cannot start after several week... how to send my daughter to school.. i already bring foremen to my home for troubeshoot and diagnostic to my car ( 3 person foreman ) and one of that foreman said, my engine need to do overhaul.. hahaha. Another 2 person foreman surrender after 3 hour pening2 kepala checking my engine.. My foreman that install my engine already passed away. So i dunno who to i send my car or to refer.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys,

wanna know the pros and cons about having matt black paint on my putra...if you don't know what matt black is, it's the same colour as ah fai's cefiro a31.

i'm thinking of using it due to the fact that it'll be cheaper to spray back if any dents or whatsoever happens during motorsports events.

oh and roughly how much would it cost to spray the whole car (in+out)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience