[?]: Matt black paint

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
hi guys,

wanna know the pros and cons about having matt black paint on my putra...if you don't know what matt black is, it's the same colour as ah fai's cefiro a31.

i'm thinking of using it due to the fact that it'll be cheaper to spray back if any dents or whatsoever happens during motorsports events.

oh and roughly how much would it cost to spray the whole car (in+out)

babyGreddy

Known Member
Nov 27, 2003
kuala lumpur
Visit site
yeah...i oso want to know about that not only ah fai's cefiro but i saw a waja half mod in jalan kuching the other day with matt black n oso a putra!!!

how they do that??is it rust proof????

bridgestoneRE711

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2005
saw ah fai cefiro at subang before ... thought that it is a lousy car ... then suddenly saw the stickers with the HUGE intercooler in front ...

blitzkid

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Up ur ass fool.
Is it the paint which is like.. Not metallic at all?

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
its basically a spray can matt black paint (very dull aka pudar color).

it does make your car look garang and easy to touch up if got little scratch here and there.

for more info look for a Sport Compact Car issue with a matt black impreza sti on its cover. yes those geeks painted a brand new subaru impreza sti with matt black spray cans! all in 1 day. does look nice. no need to buy polish too! so jimat!

kmthang

Mar 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Matt black is cheap.

I done my spraying on my skirtings (front lips and both sides) with this colour.

If you thinking of your car to be in motorsports, matt black for the whole car is perfect. Though it's black, with stickers on it will be perfect.

About the price: should be cheaper than metallic. Not sure of what is the price but it has to be cheaper than the metallic. Depends on the shop I guess and the workmanship.

fritz

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
Malaysia
www.mrbaoz.com.my
Many ppl told me..Matt black is cheap...but in fact..i went to ask about it. They said this paint is more expensive compare to 2k paint! So..better check b4 telling is cheaper or not..coz this might giv wrong info to others..n im the victim..luckily i asked the price..haha!

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
isit? but i mean, not much logic right if it's more expensive than 2k paint? it's just ordinary black paint painted using a spray gun instead of an aerosol can. :)

fritz,
how much were u charged?

KE2020

Known Member
Dec 12, 2003
Visit site
Just buy those spray can one la, RM5 only. It's called "Flat black" if I'm not wrong the number is 29 or 30.

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
I am a VERY keen fan of Blacks - Namely Jet Black and Flat Black, The official coding for Flat Black is N0.29. One thing about Flat Black is that it is indeed very durable and tough. But the offset is that when dirt is splattered on them, it is a bit harder to clean if left in that condition for long. Flat Black can withstand heat a lot better than most normal paint too.

SubVerSiv

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
Yep, I'm keen on spraying my car flat black too.

Guys, do you know that army trucks were sprayed with ultra colours? Not flat, but ultra. Saw a can of this paint at Ace.

So, ultra back will be my next choice.

Problem is, flat back is very, very difficult to keep clean. A normal contact on the paint surface can leave marks that will look like scratch. This doesn't happen on mettalic paint surface, coz metallic surface can reflect light better to hide the marks.

All IBM machines, PCs, notebooks and servers, are sprayed flat black, the colour was codenamed Stealth. But using indoors is always different than outdoors.

If you paint your car flat black too, you'll have problems with radio reception (read: Sport Compact Car: Flat Black Terror). But if it'll bounce police radar waves too, then I have no problems with it! Now that's Stealth!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anybody can advise where is the cheap & good quality for body painting near shah alam, kampong melayu subang or sungai buloh??

I just want to repair whole car body.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience