4age 20V BT have some problem and need some advise..

man3121

Mar 13, 2013
Kulim, Kedah
Salam and hi all guy.

My name is Man and had some problem to ask. Hope any toyota sifu especially sifu 4age 20v BT can help me and i very thankfully on whatever advise and helping.

My car is KE70 dx with 4age 20v BT, open pod with rubber original BT trumpet, spark plug denso iridium (forget the code number), tomei adjustable fuel regulator and apexi safc 5 button. Another item not mention is stock.

I already using this engine since 2009 and so less problem until this two week. This problem start from here:

- my battery flat after using more than 3 year. In same time, my roadtax also died. In same time also, my wallet is empty. So, i just leaving my car at three week without start and did'nt anything. And after have some money, i brought new battery and trying start the engine. Engine cannot start. I check plug and spark from plug. Check if fuel pump not working. All checked ok. After trying start whole day, on evening my car can start. After warming up, i try to drive. When i step fuel paddle, at 3000 rpm (2nd gear, 3rd gear), my car become jerking. What i already done is:

1. replace new spark plug
2. replace fuel filter, fuel hose incoming to engine and fuel hose return.
3. replace new engine oil
4. servicing ISCV with carburetor cleaner
5. checking ECU. Physically, look ok. No burn spot, no burning electronic component and no leaking capasitor.
6. service all throttle body by spraying with carburetor cleaner.
7. replace all vacuum hose.

After do all that, i can rev to 4000 rpm but still jerking at 2nd gear, 3rd gear and 4th gear. At 1st gear, i can rev more than 5000 rpm without feel jerking.

After that, i trying increase my afr from 2 bar to 3 bar but in same situation. After that, i replace afr with stock fuel regulator, and disconnect ecu socket. It still same. After that, i remove apexi safc 5 button (with stock fuel regulator) and disconnect ecu socket. Install back ecu socket, start engine, my engine become worse. Engine idle going crazy and died. My engine also hard to start. And when engine running, my idle from 800 rpm going drop to 450 rpm and died. Some thing i felt very weird is, when engine reaching the temperature and radiator fan "ON", my idle going down crazy and engine died. My car cannot drive because in 1st gear also felt so jerking and felt like lost power. I also has adjust timing at behind the throttle body (using Allen key and common spanar), but setting back at original setting after adjustment, engine become more critical worse.

Today, i install back afr and safc 5 button. Replace new spark plug. Disconnect ecu socket at 1 minute and install back. Start engine and my idle going ok at 900 rpm stable. (just drop a little when radiator fan ON). But, on driving, still jerking at 4000 rpm at 2nd gear, 3rd gear and 4th gear.

I already adjust the previous safc 5 button setting but still same (or more worse).

What correct setting for afr on idle?
What parts need to check or replace?
It is coil mulfunction? Not enough supply fire to distributor? How to know my coil, distributor or plug cable out of order?

If someone have any idea or has some experience like me, please help me...

Thank you very much.!

chromeibanez

Known Member
Aug 17, 2008
just a suggestion here. why dont you check the distributor?
:smile:

man3121

Mar 13, 2013
Kulim, Kedah
thanks 4 u suggestion. I already check the distributor. Distributor is ok. What i found today is my injector is dirty. After i dismantle throttle body assembly and all injector, i found some dirt at my injector. Soak with fuel injector cleaner and brushed the injector nozzle with tooth brush. And balance of fuel injector cleaner i fill to fuel tank. Replace new spark plug. Running the car and my car nowaday have a positive result. Just early 4000 rpm felt little bit "slope". Maybe my fuel pump not strong already, but now i can rev to 7000 rpm without hesistate. Checking spark plug colour now became dark brown not like before, so black. Also need to do some setting at SAFC 5 button. Today so tired. maybe tomorrow..

zulx07

Jun 25, 2007
Bro, do u check ur speed sensor signal , from speedmeter to ecu, if u use standard ke70 speed meter they can't transmit the speed signal, in your problem its like no speed sensor signal, if u can diagnose the error code u can know, if the error code is 42 is confirm speed signal error, the solution is u must use the ae86 speed meter..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys, need opinion on this tyre... is it good? currently using brigdgestone potenza GIII 195/50/15.... How much is it?

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience