Need help for 20V for 304 9lift in/ex high cam

Kang 602

Aug 21, 2007
Shah Alam
Hello to all toyota forumers & sifus here..sorry if never introduce myself earlier before posting this thread..im just nobody..sory2..im really sorry..

but i do need advise, all the advise that all of you can give me about TODA 304 9 lift in/ex cam setting for 20v bt..coz i just bought it(2nd hand)..the pro & con..and all the things that i need have for the camshaft setting..for now the project is not started yet, but the things that have already here are the high cams,cam pulley,valve spring sets, emanage ultimate, trd clutch set & fgk 4-2-1 extractor..for the pistons & all other engine internal part are stock 20v bt..can it be done with that setting?what other things that i need to change or to mods?what are the other thing that i need to have to make the engine runs, to make the setting go perfect..i need advice, please..from all of you..i hope all thing that i've bought will not go wasted, just because i dont seek advice 1st..im sorry if i am such a noob..

i really2 hope to hear from all of the taikos & sifus here..

Thanks & regards,

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Fuh... another monster in the making... but seriously, you would need a standalone for the 304° cams. Besides, according to Greddy website, 4AGE is not officially listed support for Emanage Ultimate.

Good luck with your build.

Kang 602

Aug 21, 2007
Shah Alam
adus..but at the box, it state that it comply with ae111 4age...i better think of sumting lah if ur said is true...anyway, thanks bro...any other suggestion/advise bro?

aziziell

1,500 RPM
May 9, 2007
with 304 hi cam engine will have less power during low rpm. so to reduce that u need standalone coz standalone ecu can settle that..
one more thing, as u stated all engine are stock..304 cam sure can rev more than 10k rpm..stock internal cant withstand rpm 10k n above..at least u need racing cond rod bearing n main bearing..plus oversize piston lagi stim bro...
that all from my experieces n knowledge la..before his i used 288 hi cam on 20v..
if u want to find mechanic to set racing cam by using dial gauge and other gadget my friend can help.workshop at glenmari shah alam

j_l200s

Dec 16, 2004
first of all, what do u expect/want from the engine with that monster performance head parts? what purpose is it for? daily or track? i personally think 304 cams are too much for daily driven cars as the low end torque will be sacrificed. all powers are shifted to top end. but what do i know? :p
personally i'm using emanage ultimate and works fine until now, all stock though. if u are serious about horsepowers, bottom must be upgraded. racing bearings, pistons (oversized and forged) and conrods. not sure if ur aircond can stable or not but again, what do i know? :p

all the best! i still think u are missing an oversized valves just to make your head complete with monster mods. just my 2 cents...

Kang 602

Aug 21, 2007
Shah Alam
hmmm..if that rite, im kind of in a deep trouble here...aduss...so, where is in glenmari?i entrusted my car to one of pomen of ksr speed nissan workshop..hehe..murtad toyota sat...coz he my friend..and he also scold me for buying e manage ultimate, better buy haltech sprint 500..hmmm...kind of dizzy...hahaha...need time to rest & thing..what have i done!!!!WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.....

turbo10

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2003
sg petani kedah
hi Kang..for very high duration cams like yours u need higher compression pistons to compensate the dynamic compression ratio lost, if not maybe you'll end up same power or even loose power if cam set not cun..plus bad lower end and drivability issue.like our friends here said to upgrade bottom end. I agree with that because it's a waste if you got a 304 but you only rev it till 8000 when it should go to 9500 or 10000rpm (which is unadvisable if using standard bottom end and oil pump) where the power started to peak (if the cam is set correctly and all the required mod satisfied la.. hehe)..please correct me if i am wrong..tq

Last edited:

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
bro Kang..i'm not sifu & not really have experiance like others even i'm not mechanic too..
just for sharing based on my little experiance...
1. engine must ready...what i mean is, if possible internal part need to be stranghten, by replacing with aftermarket part. i.e. conrod & bearing..if got budget..balance itu engine, oversize piston & make ur engine fresh like new.
2. for brain i recommend go for standalone, brand up to your pocket..& think how many tuner can do with that eletronic/standalone..cost for tuning,..
3. last but not least..what purpose for this car...daily drive, track, drag...coz cam degree quite high..to unleash power...rev mightbe 10k rpm

Kang 602

Aug 21, 2007
Shah Alam
haha..its only for weekend carr, not for track purposes..but it also need to be driven long distance(balik kg ma, jhor sana..hehe...)..from the comment/advise received, i think this will be a big cost project..hmmm...is i can't afford to moved on with the cam, i think the cam will run stock..silly me buying all the monster cam..haha...but, i'll try 1st and i will always need guidance from all of you guys here..thanks a lot...and i'll be back soon..for now, the head is on its way to be mods...ape2 pn, i'l be back to tell you waht is the progress later on...THANKS BROTHER2 & TAIKO2 Sekalian!!

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
higher cam profile need higher rev RPM...
higher rev power come out
need to stronger internal part
and dont forget..higher fuel comsumption too..
also higher budget...

TRD16v

1,500 RPM
Feb 9, 2004
Tokyo, Japan.
Visit site
yah everything also higher and now fuel price also go higher already.

so think properly and budget and dun end up like me play car until pokkai.

Kang 602

Aug 21, 2007
Shah Alam
i will bro..i will..thanks for all the reply and i will definitely use all the advice..but, i'll try 1st..hehe...

n0th1n

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
japan
junk-dealer.blogspot.com
if dont want, sell to me that cams. my contact number 0123756240 sarip. hihihih

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Vr4
Gentlemen,

I've inherited a Proton Wira VR4 from my brother and the engine condition is kind a working okay. But there are several problems occurs recently in the system (I think so) and I don't know what is it.

When I'm on accelerate and hit the clutch instantly (i.e change gear or slowing down), the engine will shut off. It happens often. Does it have to do anything with its throttle body?

Then the engine jerking when it hit >5500 rpm (boost @ 0.6) and now it happen @...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience