4afe high performance cam

twincam16

Oct 10, 2006
Hv anyone tried/installed performance cam for 4afe from powerzone? How do it feel? How much its cost?

mamatAE111

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
I'm a fan of 4AFE. But If you want power from this engine just turbo it instead of trying on cams.
If want to buy cam, then have to buy adjustable pulley, then have to buy fuel regulator for more fuel at the higher rpm the cams going to give you, then have to buy piggy back to tune everything, then have to go to shop to tune it. easily the budget
Afraid that after all that money spent, when you test friends car with just 7AFE swap (cost $1200++) 7AFE feel more powerful.

My 4AFE is nearing 400 000km already. But no mods. I'm saving money for blacktop(when my 4AFE finally dies,if ever).
You should concentrate upgrade your brakes, suspension and tires first.
Good luck modifying..

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
my fren in spore bought the powerzone cam. 1 thing to take note is valve clearence. He said 4AFE ori shim is abt 3mm, for powerzone cam need to find 4.2mm. Make sure you got adjustable cam pulley and piggyback.

antisocial

Jul 24, 2008
using a customized cam brought over from a friend for 4AFE....

can feel the increased power but like some say, i think 7AFE is a better shortcut.

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
using a customized cam brought over from a friend for 4AFE....

can feel the increased power but like some say, i think 7AFE is a better shortcut.
so you're the one who bought from Ganga?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I'm a fan of 4AFE. But If you want power from this engine just turbo it instead of trying on cams.
If want to buy cam, then have to buy adjustable pulley, then have to buy fuel regulator for more fuel at the higher rpm the cams going to give you, then have to buy piggy back to tune everything, then have to go to shop to tune it. easily the budget
Afraid that after all that money spent, when you test friends car with just 7AFE swap (cost $1200++) 7AFE feel more powerful.

My 4AFE is nearing 400 000km already. But no mods. I'm saving money for blacktop(when my 4AFE finally dies,if ever).
You should concentrate upgrade your brakes, suspension and tires first.
Good luck modifying..
Bro... If BOT also have to use fuel regulator, piggyback etc la...

And it is true that NA tuning a 4AFE is wasting time and money. The head and manifold design and size is just not designed to support that amount of flow. And I've tried to search so hard for performance camshaft for 4AFE online but can't find anyone who sells them. But BOT is a different story though...

And bro... I have an 4AFE myself too and I'm waiting for it to die then swap BT. But honestly this speaking, my engine is very old already but it doesn't look like it's gonna die anytime soon. this tough shit toyota engine can take a lot of beating! Good luck...

dennisdreams

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
for all the money to get the cam-fuel regulator-piggy- etc, y not just take a BT 5-speedengine with wiring only? get mine done for 2.4K(engine)+installation 1K(include new timing-belt and engine oil)

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
But once conv to 20v, handle it with care ok...else its gonna hurt your wallet...a lot!
Just my 2cents

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
why la.. i all so wan to get a 20v bt.. on what kind of money is it going to ?:hmmmm:
More parts sure more maintenance. The 20V has a lot of power but if you do more city drive, the low end torque feels slightly lower than 4AFE. This is due to high cams and larger intake ports. Theoritically it should be a little thirsty city drive compared to 4AFE. But my friends who use it reports good FC. So this is busted. Maybe the difference is very small only so cannot notice.

The money mainly goes to fueling it with RON97. Can use RON95 but it will loose performance. Loose how much I'm not sure la. Maybe you can use water injection + Ron95 to minimize the performance loss. Most BT that I heard from locals here can run on RON95 no problem. But there's one case where his engine got knocking. Maybe the knock sensor spoil or his engine really clogged with carbon..

The vvt pulley are known to give way on some BTs. Then you have to source a used one form the chop shop.

For SVT, some will have stupid FC due the the aged AFM, then need to service the AFM.

Besides these rare cases, I never heard any major problem on maintenance. Besides occasional high FC due to right foot. You know la... :biggrin: Syok ma...

nnik

3,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Lembah Klang
from rumors tat i heard...powerzone cam will need powerzone management system tat they provide...do no how much cost...for sure y u not call them for price...hehehehe

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
nnik,
One of my fren bought the FE cam from them and it is not really plug n play. The best part is when you asked them duration and lift, they can only tell u 272 the rest dunno. Gulp..!!

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
nnik,
One of my fren bought the FE cam from them and it is not really plug n play. The best part is when you asked them duration and lift, they can only tell u 272 the rest dunno. Gulp..!!
facepalm.jpg :stupid:

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

for all the money to get the cam-fuel regulator-piggy- etc, y not just take a BT 5-speedengine with wiring only? get mine done for 2.4K(engine)+installation 1K(include new timing-belt and engine oil)
Hey bro.... I've been trying to do this for a long time... But people told me cannot... Can you please advise more? You mean you got the engine only? As in engine lantai? Don't you need a halfcut for that? Because all the while mech told me if just engine only cannot. A lot of things don't have. How about the power steering pump, aircon pump etc? If you get engine only, what else have to source separately?

I have been wanting to transfer an engine lantai because no budget for halfcut.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
My car a 1992 Iswara Sedan just got stolen this morning.
Its a stock standard Iswara without any modifications at all.
Sky blue colour bearing number plate WCY 5568.
Interior seats wrapped with "MOMO" blue colour fabric.
Front bumper driver's side misplaced off the fender.
Got some rust on the roof, boot and door but colour still not faded.
Stock Iswara 1992 13" sports rims.
Just trying my luck...those who have seen this car from today onwards at anywhere, please call me up...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience