Modifying AE101 4AFE

caskil

Jun 22, 2012
Selangor
I just buy a Toyota SEG AE101. I plan to modify it so that become more stable and better cornering. Which part should i modify or add on ? Thanks for your answer ^^

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
for stable cornering i recommend Ultra Racing strut bar & antiroll bar.. both front & rear..

but u can also source for 2nd hand Levin AE101 original strut bar & antiroll bar..

u can also upgrade ur suspension.. adjustable if u have the money..

as for me, i only use Sport Spring :wink:

caskil

Jun 22, 2012
Selangor
Thanks. ^^ 
Any suspension brand or model recommend ? And also workshop recommend for install it ? I stay in Kota Damansara.

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
Bro, if u really lowered ur car, do consider this:

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...1-r-c-a-macpherson-type-5.html#post1064022181

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

for stable cornering i recommend Ultra Racing strut bar & antiroll bar.. both front & rear..

but u can also source for 2nd hand Levin AE101 original strut bar & antiroll bar..

u can also upgrade ur suspension.. adjustable if u have the money..

as for me, i only use Sport Spring :wink:
Thanks. ^^ 
Any suspension brand or model recommend ? And also workshop recommend for install it ? I stay in Kota Damansara.
U can try BC, Tein, Jic Magic, Trd, Cusco or etc for adjustable. If not as Bro D7zul mentioned, I can offer U used APM sports spring at lelong price for a pair of front & rear!

Last edited:

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Mr chaser, mind to explain how the RCA adaptor works?

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Nevermind mr chaser, found it on the net

Contrary to popular belief, by lowering the car we should be able to increase the stability of the car during cornering due to the lower of center of gravity.

The actual fact is when we lower the car we're also changing the geometry of the steering control arms and instead of reducing body roll, we're actually introducing more of it.

And at the same time, introducing bump steer.

Bump steer is caused by bumps in the road or track interacting with improper length or angle of your suspension and steering linkages. You can often feel the bump steer as a jerk in the steering wheel to the side when you go over a bump or uneven pavement.

The main goal of this kit is to bring the suspension geometry back into factory spec after lowering the car, reducing body roll, increased turn in speeds and eliminating bump steer.

source : www.viosturbo.com

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

tinking of an doin n engine swap in jaybee pondering between visworks n speedworks any bros here any reccomendations cos price wise i feel jaybee more competitive but i dunno wat to do when inspection time comes cos they cannot help mi "pass" unlike some sg workshops where alot of ppl says can be done under table lol! some civics recc mi HV but heard pricing wise not much diff from visworks n they dun really do my type of car so pls advise...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience