Setting high cam - Sifooo please help!

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
I just DIY done setting my TRD 272 degree 7.5 lift in and ex....With 100 - 100 setting, all was follow the guide was provided by the internet... but result outcome, the sound was just like a rotary car... are the sound is correct? Please download and hear it ya... siffoo pls help ya!!:adore:

nokia

Known Member
Dec 26, 2006
woot, am i not the onli one as he mentioned ? haha....sound interesting already.

turbo10, yes i am. Free to call me up or find me for TT. :listen:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
aiyyaaa..lagi con people ka..i tot u r already changed..hmmm..still the same..u con my hometown guy also..hmm..lexus..you live at taman aman rite?
bro,

pls do this in pm.....don flame publicly.....unless provide evidence. thx

Last edited:

EDRA

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2006
bro scomatic also try to diy. how now? bro if u used internet source u have to compare with other website also because some info is not correct.

just sharing my experience.

blackend

Known Member
Aug 5, 2008
Johore,
yup,dont simply accept n believe what internet say..maybe have an incorrect info that we dont know clearly..

EDRA

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2006
u try to find in autozone

Bump: sound like one of ur plug not functioning or the valve not proper close. check it back with compression sst.

Bump: sound like one of ur plug not functioning or the valve not proper close. check it back with compression sst.

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
bro scomatic also try to diy. how now? bro if u used internet source u have to compare with other website also because some info is not correct.

just sharing my experience.

u try to find in autozone

ermm... i learn from http://www.club4ag.com/technical_main.htm

with the word:
"TRD - p/n intake, 13501-AE871, ex. 13502-AE871. Increased performance, needs headers, more performance with higher compression, approaching limits of stock EFI, works best with side drafts. Ex. max lift set at 98° BTDC. In. max lift set at 100° ATDC. Will work with new (suggested) factor valve springs."

because it was exactly same cam with me... even now already use the HKS valve spring... so it should be work fine... but... the sound seem still same....

anyway you mention "autozone", who is that? mind to intro to me? I will call him up..

celicacultus

May 2, 2006
You still need to use a vernier height gauge on the cam lobes and a degree wheel on your crank to dial in your cams. No 2 engines are the same, the cam sprockets/locking key might have some free play, timing belt might be stretched, tensioner pulley not torqued correctly, uneven wear on cams, etc.

Normally with high cams, an aftermarket ECU with ignition adjustments throughout the rev range is recommended, adjustable cam pulley will not give you good overall performance.

Set for nice idling and low end, the rev will cut out before reaching the peak of the cam at high revs, pick up will feel like driving a bigger cc car with better pull but no punch.

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
You still need to use a vernier height gauge on the cam lobes and a degree wheel on your crank to dial in your cams. No 2 engines are the same, the cam sprockets/locking key might have some free play, timing belt might be stretched, tensioner pulley not torqued correctly, uneven wear on cams, etc.

Normally with high cams, an aftermarket ECU with ignition adjustments throughout the rev range is recommended, adjustable cam pulley will not give you good overall performance.

Set for nice idling and low end, the rev will cut out before reaching the peak of the cam at high revs, pick up will feel like driving a bigger cc car with better pull but no punch.

Aikksss.... I miss out my topic... Anyway, you mention about second engine... the clip got 2 engine? I record only 1 engine, how come got 2 engine sound inside? I use the vernier height gauge to calculate it too...

Now the engine i tried, the respond was come around 4,000 rpm, max 8000 rpm (should go over it, but rev cut situation). Without touch anything, i just try to dyno recently. Manage to get around 155ps only .. :banghead: Maybe follow your advise... go for management system soon...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, I actually completed this DIY 2 weeks back with some forummers n friends support. I used to have CAI but I figured i need to refresh and re-do it despite being itchy hands... :driver:

First, was the hardest to do, cut the tupperware on the side and under for the air filter and air funnel. Having it made to fit without proper measuring tool was a challenge. But good judging skills I might add....hehe. Noticed the yellow duck tape? it was giving way...so this was my solution...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience