Project to revert 4age BT 20v back to stock settings

foolat

Known Member
Dec 24, 2005
Ok. I am pretty annoyed with the car settings. I think it has been tuned beyond it's factory settings and everything is messed up.

1. Engine rpm at about 1.3k at idle without a/c on
2. Engine revs at 1.5-2k with a/c on
3. very slight knocking at low RPM - not sure at high RPM as i don't hear it
4. Fuel regulator adjusted up to about 40-41psi (and still got knocking but better than if it is at 36psi)

Now, I'm quite new to this and am not certain what I am going to do so any help along the way will be very much appreciated. I only have the blacktop manual and practically no tools that I can use except for allen keys.

Things I'll start with
1. Distributor angle
2. TPS angle

I have no idea how I am going to do this, but my first priority is to get rid of the knocking so that i don't kill my engine.

otismummum

500 RPM
Oct 28, 2005
Foolat, still having problems with your new BT ar?? When you come back KL ? I waiting for your SVT top le. hehehe. If you want to try to solve your problems, I can take you to my mech le.

foolat

Known Member
Dec 24, 2005
yeahloh :( just need to tune it back a bit... settings are a bit weird at the moment. Don't worry, will be back around christmas/new year time :D

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

in the last month,my car headlamp and tail light bulb have reach its end.last week i notice that everytime i shift into the reverse gear,it doesnt make the reverse sound and the reverse light also doesnt light up.currently the problem is still on going.does the sound only comes out when the reverse light is on?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience