Project to revert 4age BT 20v back to stock settings

foolat

Known Member
Dec 24, 2005
Ok. I am pretty annoyed with the car settings. I think it has been tuned beyond it's factory settings and everything is messed up.

1. Engine rpm at about 1.3k at idle without a/c on
2. Engine revs at 1.5-2k with a/c on
3. very slight knocking at low RPM - not sure at high RPM as i don't hear it
4. Fuel regulator adjusted up to about 40-41psi (and still got knocking but better than if it is at 36psi)

Now, I'm quite new to this and am not certain what I am going to do so any help along the way will be very much appreciated. I only have the blacktop manual and practically no tools that I can use except for allen keys.

Things I'll start with
1. Distributor angle
2. TPS angle

I have no idea how I am going to do this, but my first priority is to get rid of the knocking so that i don't kill my engine.

otismummum

500 RPM
Oct 28, 2005
Foolat, still having problems with your new BT ar?? When you come back KL ? I waiting for your SVT top le. hehehe. If you want to try to solve your problems, I can take you to my mech le.

foolat

Known Member
Dec 24, 2005
yeahloh :( just need to tune it back a bit... settings are a bit weird at the moment. Don't worry, will be back around christmas/new year time :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

How to: Retrofitting projectors

Tools/Materials:
Dremel tool
Sanding drums for dremel
Rotozip bits for dremel
Flat blade screwdrivers
Philips screwdriver
Clear silicone sealant
8 3” screws
Box of nuts for screws
Electrical tape
Epoxy/glue (like jb weld)
Shop towels
A brain

Step one: take your headlights out of your car…DUH!

Step two: you need to take your headlights apart. If your headlights are like 90% of the newer ones out there, you can just bake them in the oven to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience