better overhaul or change to b16a/b18c???

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
hattech-v said:
the price u stated there quite expensive i think. u can get it cheaper than that.
yeah... try looking around... you could probaly save around ++RM1.5K from what you have stated. Potentially even more...!! scout around first, refer the "reputable workshop" thread in the honda forum here and ask around...

JiFaTT

Known Member
Sep 7, 2005
ampang
hattech-v said:
better change to b16a. the price u stated there quite expensive i think. u can get it cheaper than that.
yeah,actually i hvn't survey habis yet the price.just 1-2 kedai potong around here.
can i get better price if i buy saperately?if i buy half cut,theres a lot of stuff i dun really need.

crower75

5,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
TeAM C.R.D
Visit site
Better buy half cut cos all the necessary wiring is in there. The items that u dun need like dash etc etc post it here and sell it off...

You're bound to get a lot of trouble from buying "engine kosong" .......

JiFaTT

Known Member
Sep 7, 2005
ampang
crower75 said:
Better buy half cut cos all the necessary wiring is in there. The items that u dun need like dash etc etc post it here and sell it off...

You're bound to get a lot of trouble from buying "engine kosong" .......
thanks bro,if i buy half cut b16 for now,do i have much trouble changing it to b18 in da future?will i hv to change the wiring again or only angkat engine kosong???

harpoon

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
shah alam n amp
JiFaTT said:
thanks bro,if i buy half cut b16 for now,do i have much trouble changing it to b18 in da future?will i hv to change the wiring again or only angkat engine kosong???
u mean now u want to use b16 then later maybe u want to get b18?? better opt for b18 straight away, less headache, less money to blow, n less going to the workshop.

b18 give you good torque across the range, but of course there's no road tax discount for u then

JiFaTT

Known Member
Sep 7, 2005
ampang
i just check with the insurance company and found out that the premium for 1.8 , 2.0 and 2.2 is da same.and the road tax for 1.8 and 2.0 not much different,rm70 only....

EG8

2,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
KL
www.surfer-girl.com
JiFaTT said:
i really need here.i got an eg3 hatchback,engine still 1.6 single cam no vtec.last week my engine overheat until smoke come out from my hood.now cannot start oredi.

so,i bring my car to bengkel and they give me 3 option

1-overhaul my stock engine,cost rm2000++.he said takut banyak benda kena tukar.

2-change my engine only.engine cost rm1000,labour cost rm1000+.its da cheapest option...but ill still be driving da stock engine

3-change to vtec.labour cost rm1500,half cut b16a rm6000,b18c rm7000,1.6 vtec auto rm3500.

which one should i choose??better tukar engine asal or overhaul?if i overhaul,how can i squeeze some juice out of my stock engine?what should i change??
if i chose to change to vtec,is it better to buy half cut or buy saparately?is it much cheaper?i dun mind spanding much time on it.

so sifu,please help me.thanks...
jifatt
im not an expert but i can share with you some ideas
at the first place, did u mechanic tell you what is the reason of your engine overheat? i might be wrong but based on your statement , did ur temp go high but u still drive it until cant go anymore? does your water pump kong? does your valve bengkok?

ask yourself, how much money do you have and how much you are willing to spend.dont be greedy, car mod is an expensive hobby, buy if you have around rm15K to spend, i say b16b is the way to go.otherwise b16a+b20b block is a good bet.

buy the whole engine+wirings+ECU.

TODA

Known Member
May 20, 2005
downtheroad
JiFatt,

i had this dilemma 3-4 yrs ago.....that time living near to a illegal drag strip. So every fri-sat midnite, i got a bad feeling tat i will change my engine soon, y?

one fri nite;
11:59pm
vrooommmm....bot bot bot.....vrooommm (3,4,mayb 5 cars)

12:00am
paaaaaaaapaaaa......paaaaaaa....paaaaaaAAAAAAAA (x2)

12:01am
"topic: how much dohc vtec transplant costs?" is posted here in zth...

the rest, use imagination...

JiFaTT

Known Member
Sep 7, 2005
ampang
EG8 said:
jifatt
im not an expert but i can share with you some ideas
at the first place, did u mechanic tell you what is the reason of your engine overheat? i might be wrong but based on your statement , did ur temp go high but u still drive it until cant go anymore? does your water pump kong? does your valve bengkok?

ask yourself, how much money do you have and how much you are willing to spend.dont be greedy, car mod is an expensive hobby, buy if you have around rm15K to spend, i say b16b is the way to go.otherwise b16a+b20b block is a good bet.

buy the whole engine+wirings+ECU.
my temp rosak,thats y suma x sedar engine overheat.at highway still ok,until traffic light dpn rumah,the engine start to sound wierd.sampai dpn rumah smoke come out from the hood.

why u said rm15k for b16b?so expensive ka that type-R?if i change to b20b block,my road tax become 2000cc ka?

buy the whole engine+wirings+ECU is cheaper than half cut ka??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Since I've became a petrolhead, I always prefer drifting more than any other racing.
The sound of blow off valve is the most orgasmic plus the RB, SR and 1J/2J sound.
V8 just doesn't sound right for me.
The only problem is, I can't figure it out
why isn't diesel engines more widely used since it got more torque, naturally.
I know it has a lower rev cut. But what are the other major reasons behind it?
Engine braking? Less prettier smokes?
This guys have done a fantastic job.
I...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience