better overhaul or change to b16a/b18c???

JiFaTT

Known Member
Sep 7, 2005
ampang
12:01am
"topic: how much dohc vtec transplant costs?" is posted here in zth...

where???

harpoon

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
shah alam n amp
JiFaTT said:
my temp rosak,thats y suma x sedar engine overheat.at highway still ok%2 il traffic light dpn rumah,the engine start to sound wierd.sampai dpn rumah smoke come out from the hood.

why u said rm15k for b16b?so expensive ka that type-R?if i change to b20b block,my road tax become 2000cc ka?

buy the whole engine+wirings+ECU is cheaper than half cut ka??
15k now is the normal price for b16b, b18cr 98 just a lil more. most people opt for b16b half cut coz they can use all the internals, dash board, air cond, console n all. if from dc2 u can't.

if you decide to change campur b20b block, normally ppl punch the b16 or b18 engine number n u pay the 1.8 or 1.6 road tax. legally speaking, no way u can kahwin the block n head. jpj will never endorse you.

better by half cut rather than engine kosong coz u get all the wiring, very important..... from experience, when doing transplant insist on getting half cut wiring into ur car....or else u might get head ache later n numerous trips to your mech...................

EG8

2,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
KL
www.surfer-girl.com
harpoon said:
better by half cut rather than engine kosong coz u get all the wiring, very important..... from experience, when doing transplant insist on getting half cut wiring into ur car....or else u might get head ache later n numerous trips to your mech...................
+ extra money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
wanna save now, end up paying more later.

JiFaTT

Known Member
Sep 7, 2005
ampang
WHOAAA,15k for the half-cut only ka??can all the internals fit in my EG3 ?

JiFaTT

Known Member
Sep 7, 2005
ampang
minivan said:
yeah... try looking around... you could probaly save around ++RM1.5K from what you have stated. Potentially even more...!! scout around first, refer the "reputable workshop" thread in the honda forum here and ask around...
bro,which part can i save?

crower75

5,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
TeAM C.R.D
Visit site
B16A enuff looorrrrrrrrrr......

U read HondaTuning .... those guys would source for B16A first cos of price and realiability. Personally if u ask me, the rest of the B series are over priced....and B16A is also following suit......

harpoon

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
shah alam n amp
EG8 said:
+ extra money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
wanna save now, end up paying more later.
forgot to mention that...... btw the more u see ur mech the brighter his head will be.... can make money form you laaaa........ (bright like mentol n smile till his ears)

harpoon

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
shah alam n amp
JiFaTT said:
WHOAAA,15k for the half-cut only ka??can all the internals fit in my EG3 ?
15k for b16b normal la. if u're lucky u can get them cheaper. but u must remember, u will get type r engine n components + 5 lugs conversion (that alone costs 1.5k), gearbox, dashboard and meter (damn expensive dunno why) n bla bla bla

if want to fit into eg, u gotta ask hattech-v and crower.......

harpoon

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
shah alam n amp
crower75 said:
B16A enuff looorrrrrrrrrr......

U read HondaTuning .... those guys would source for B16A first cos of price and realiability. Personally if u ask me, the rest of the B series are over priced....and B16A is also following suit......
har har.... b16 is considered the best to play because of affordable price and lots of performance part for it out there. but nowadays the price keep coming up (never goes down) coz demand exceed supply few times over. u can see everyday there's people looking for this type of engine.
besides that, the engine can only be obtained from second hand dealer or half cut, honda not making any of those engines anymore (correct me if i'm wrong), so now it's seller's market....they can manipulate situation and the market

harpoon

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
shah alam n amp
hattech-v said:
or better buy b18cr like harpoon if got 15k budget.. hehehhe
don't have to believe this guy, making story onli maaa.
my ride comes with mf716 standard non-vtec
heheheheheh

EG8

2,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
KL
www.surfer-girl.com
harpoon said:
forgot to mention that...... btw the more u see ur mech the brighter his head will be.... can make money form you laaaa........ (bright like mentol n smile till his ears)
harpoon
dun show ur mech that you have lots of $$$, ( even if u r )

later your head will be chopped nicely. trust me on that.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

AP Car - Pros & Cons

What the Pros & Cons buying AP car? Any expert can assist me in topic? Just wana learn more before I buy an AP car.

The only good thing I know AP car = recon car = unregister in local country = consider new car = low interest compare to second hand car.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience