Sifus, halfcut @ engine lantai. Which one better?

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
Sifus,

I am planning to transplant B16 engine into my EK by end of this year... My budget is really tight, so I had think of buying EG6 halfcut which average cost me at RM7k.
After surveying couple of times, 1 workshop rekon me to purchase EG6 engine lantai due to few reasons;

1 - Of course engine lantai are much more cheaper
2 - If buy EG halfcut cannot use th dashboard as well
3 - Can pick either wan to install manual @ auto transmission

Th taukey offered me RM6K including installation fees(Without JPJ endorsement)
However, I was made to understand dat I won't be getting complete brake set, radiator, meter cluster, etc

Two things dat frightens me are th wiring and of course JPJ endorsement...
I dun wan in th future my air-cond gone off or battery leakage due to unproper wiring....

So sifus, which one is more worthful?

audi_evo3

Known Member
Jun 27, 2007
if you ask me, you are taking a huge risk of getting engine lantai. coz:

1) u dont know the condition of the engine. if halfcut, can start the engine. if the engine sound like shit and kuar asap putih, then can change. engine lantai how to test until u have hooked up everything

2) wiring. these days most mechanics just hentam onli. i kena once. potong here and there. then after dat pening i can tell you.

zzainudin

500 RPM
Aug 16, 2006
Subang selangor
if you ask me, you are taking a huge risk of getting engine lantai. coz:

1) u dont know the condition of the engine. if halfcut, can start the engine. if the engine sound like shit and kuar asap putih, then can change. engine lantai how to test until u have hooked up everything

2) wiring. these days most mechanics just hentam onli. i kena once. potong here and there. then after dat pening i can tell you.
yup..wat audi_evo3 said is right, i agreed with him..dont put yourself in trouble bro!
if buying an halfcut u can start / test / try coz it's come complete & if u choose to buy an engine lantai, u cant start / test / try..

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
I really didnt realized dat engine lantai cannot start... If cannot start how to know th condition?? Thanx guys... Really appreciated dat...

Now I understnd dat halfcut come wif wiring... Dats why Halfcut easier to PnP... No need to replace anything....

Yellorrrr.. Its better to invest abit higher to get better satisfaction...

Errr....... can JPJ endorse Engine Lantai??

jacky_GSR

3,000 RPM
Nov 19, 2005
wan,engine lantai also got AP....but leceh skit la.baik amik halfcut,wiring complete.tp tkut pomen yg pasang tu x pasang complete wiring,ada yg main sambung2 jgk....better find a trustful pomen...n ada pengalaman...

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
if u have a tight budget, my advise to u is save up more only consider a transplant. i just did mine about 6 months ago, in total... i've spent waaaayyyy much more than i saved. i got my eg6 halfcut @ 6.5k (thanks to suhaimi of Avantech for getting me a magnificent halfcut). +- everything, in total i spent near 12k already. alot of unforseen problems bro. trust me.

as mentioned by others, get a halfcut. its the best option. if u plan to save money, tight budget, no cash, etc etc. i suggest dont transplant. transplanting isn't about saving money, its more of a personal pleasure/satisfaction thingy. so if u wanna have a fast car, but with little money spent.... u would have to wake up from ur dream. :biggrin:

just my 2 cents.

helmistaley

Known Member
Jul 12, 2006
Yeah bro..thats true u hafta save more if wanna transplant.and i suggest why dont u straight go for EK halfcut.its more value for ur money bcoz can use most of the parts...but eg halfcut also not bad as long as not enjin lantai.we vtec people like to rev high so dunt risk urself by using unreliable engine.
its normal for car lovers like us to easily kena racun with taukeys and frens telling to do this,do that when we got money in hand.think whats good and worth for ur money and safety bro...cheers..

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
eg6/9 halfcut = 6.5k - 7.5k depending on what goodies it has inside
ek4 halfcut = 9k if im not mistaken.

if u ask me, get the eg6/9 halfcut. with the balance, u can plonk the engine in your engine bay liao.

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
if u have a tight budget, my advise to u is save up more only consider a transplant. i just did mine about 6 months ago, in total... i've spent waaaayyyy much more than i saved. i got my eg6 halfcut @ 6.5k (thanks to suhaimi of Avantech for getting me a magnificent halfcut). +- everything, in total i spent near 12k already. alot of unforseen problems bro. trust me.

as mentioned by others, get a halfcut. its the best option. if u plan to save money, tight budget, no cash, etc etc. i suggest dont transplant. transplanting isn't about saving money, its more of a personal pleasure/satisfaction thingy. so if u wanna have a fast car, but with little money spent.... u would have to wake up from ur dream. :biggrin:

just my 2 cents.

Thanx bro arrowhead... Tight budget meaning dat lot of saving is to be made.... U r true, no need to rush... Better wait 4 th rite time to transplant... Sumtimes the price of B16 part really freaks me out... Especially when it comes to transplant......
I wonder, does it worthful to buy a EG auto transmision halfcut?? Then later change to manual....

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
eg6/9 halfcut = 6.5k - 7.5k depending on what goodies it has inside
ek4 halfcut = 9k if im not mistaken.

if u ask me, get the eg6/9 halfcut. with the balance, u can plonk the engine in your engine bay liao.
Dat price is manual @ auto transmission??
Bro arrowhead... How to know EG6/EG9 got manual LSD transmission??

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
that price is for manual. sorry.. hehe forgot to mention. i wouldn't suggest an auto halfcut converted to manual. best to get manual itself. i heard (not entirely sure) that the auto b16a uses diff cams as compared to the manual ones. no doubt the manual ones are more beneficial in terms of power... not entirely sure tho... also... auto converting to manual, the total cost would be more than just getting the manual halfcut.

as for lsd, im not sure how to see. just ask the taukey kedai for an lsd halfcut. their price usually would be slightly more expensive... but its best to get ur mech to follow u la. like how i did mine, my mech brought me to his friends halfcut shop, got the best halfcut there.

slowly find bro, i took about 3-4 months searching and researching before finally decide to send my car into avantech.

Last edited:

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
theres usually a LSD stamp on the hydraulic gearbox. if the stamp has faded off, u have to remove the drive shafts and have a peep thru the hole. if its see through then it comes with LSD.

nowadays halfcuts with LSD are usually 1-2k difference due to the fact its comes
with lsd. due to halfcuts shops commonly stereotyping selling halfcuts much expensive koz the headcover is blue (fuiyohhh maybe jsracing track car) or its comes with 3 aftermarket gauge (fuiyohhh...rally car...maybe got many liao inside) or any other reasons which made them feel the halfcuts are "powerful" and "tuned" by partcular tuner. Avoid those pricey absurd and sometimes ridiculous halfcuts.

if i were you since budget is tight, forget about this lsd thing and get a basic ek4 halfcut. also dont forget, lsd are also prone to break sooner or later. lsd dont come cheap even used these days.

since JPJ and police roadblocks are aplenty nowadays, legalise it.

good luck in your buildup.

Dat price is manual @ auto transmission??
Bro arrowhead... How to know EG6/EG9 got manual LSD transmission??

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
theres usually a LSD stamp on the hydraulic gearbox. if the stamp has faded off, u have to remove the drive shafts and have a peep thru the hole. if its see through then it comes with LSD.

nowadays halfcuts with LSD are usually 1-2k difference due to the fact its comes
with lsd. due to halfcuts shops commonly stereotyping selling halfcuts much expensive koz the headcover is blue (fuiyohhh maybe jsracing track car) or its comes with 3 aftermarket gauge (fuiyohhh...rally car...maybe got many liao inside) or any other reasons which made them feel the halfcuts are "powerful" and "tuned" by partcular tuner. Avoid those pricey absurd and sometimes ridiculous halfcuts.

if i were you since budget is tight, forget about this lsd thing and get a basic ek4 halfcut. also dont forget, lsd are also prone to break sooner or later. lsd dont come cheap even used these days.

since JPJ and police roadblocks are aplenty nowadays, legalise it.

good luck in your buildup.
price of an ek4 halfcut would equal an eg6/9 with LSD... maybe got balance too... hehe. i'd suggest eg6/9 halfcut. :slug:

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
Thanx guys..
LSD GB easier to damage so better buy th normal one...
Last week my mechanic fren just reminded me dat if buy engine lantai, better check carefull bcoz nowadays kedai potong sell engine lantai but replace the auto transmission to manual... This is bcoz the demand manual engine lantai is higher comparing the auto one..
I wonder, does dis transmission replacement affect engine performence??

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
Yesterday went to kedai potong and guess what.... The mech told 8 out of 10 EKs buying eg6/eg9 engine lantai... Only 1 or 2 rich boy bought EK9 type R halfcut for their EKs.. He said ppl r keen to buy engine lantai bcoz of the price r much cheaper... BTW EK and EG engine produce the same horsepower.... different only year of production... The cheapest I can get in JB EK4 (M) hafcut-RM8500, EG6 (M) hafcut RM7000, EG9 (M) wif LSD RM8000

Anyone who knows more cheaper source around JB can inform me..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

so my parents decided to sell their 2009 lancer ES and I was wondering if i can add a turbo to it.
It is a 2009 mitsubishi lancer es, automatic 4.0. Even if it is pricey, i would like to add a turbo to my car, would i need a turbo kit? can my car take a turbo kit? if so, what would be some reliable brands and sources?

Im not a car expert, but i would at least like to know the ins and outs of my vehicle.

my budget is about $2500
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience