better overhaul or change to b16a/b18c???

JiFaTT

Known Member
Sep 7, 2005
ampang
i really need here.i got an eg3 hatchback,engine still 1.6 single cam no vtec.last week my engine overheat until smoke come out from my hood.now cannot start oredi.

so,i bring my car to bengkel and they give me 3 option

1-overhaul my stock engine,cost rm2000++.he said takut banyak benda kena tukar.

2-change my engine only.engine cost rm1000,labour cost rm1000+.its da cheapest option...but ill still be driving da stock engine

3-change to vtec.labour cost rm1500,half cut b16a rm6000,b18c rm7000,1.6 vtec auto rm3500.

which one should i choose??better tukar engine asal or overhaul?if i overhaul,how can i squeeze some juice out of my stock engine?what should i change??
if i chose to change to vtec,is it better to buy half cut or buy saparately?is it much cheaper?i dun mind spanding much time on it.

so sifu,please help me.thanks...

SePaT

1,000 RPM
Jan 8, 2004
hattech-v said:
better change to b16a. the price u stated there quite expensive i think. u can get it cheaper than that.

no !!!..dont got for b16

better opt for b20 later u akan menyesal dengar cakap ini orang!!!

syiokGILER

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
peek yur pocket first .. take out yur wallet ..

how much do yu have and how much yur willing to spend ..

kalau dengar itu 3 samdol .. poket bocor bang .. heheheheh

SePaT

1,000 RPM
Jan 8, 2004
i am helping our fren here to get the reliability of his wallet.. then if b16 he would level hattech but if b18 then crower will bit shakin' but if b20 hahaha i am the strongest paraquat influence of them all.. isk isk ..

crower75

5,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
TeAM C.R.D
Visit site
JiFATT.....

If you're4 just looking for an engine suitable for daily driving with "now and then" hunger for speed.....then a stock B16A would suffice

On the other hand, if u're the "pedal to the metal" type.....B18C is the way to go.

At the end of the day, like syiokGILER mentioned : how much you're willing to spend ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

this murnin as usual on my way to work and usual path then wat was im thinking miss judge at the corner zrappppppppp!!! my 4 month old rim scratched....the lip part pretty bad, so there any way i can send to repair??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience