RON95 & RON97 Myths and Facts

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Search

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Petron has the power, but wont give good mileage.
Caltex you need to pump few rounds, due to it's clean additive. once cleanup, it gives good mileage
That's y i try to go Caltex once a while to clean the fuel line
my car full on caltex 97 but i only get good mileage on petron ron100. hmmmmm

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
my car full on caltex 97 but i only get good mileage on petron ron100. hmmmmm
highway ke.
I am 100% driving around the city that produce traffic lights and with most traffic lights and longest waiting time

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Need quite a few tank full to get any results. but I know an outstation run works wonders. My wife's car is strictly taman/town driving. Plenty of stop/start, plenty of speed bumps, so her FC is really bad, and imagine the amount of rich fuel and carbon built up. One run outstation and can feel the engine super smooth already.....lol
This sounds similar to the Myvi at my house. FC is very bad when it is only driven to nearby places on low revs. Recently my brother has been driving it a lot on longer distances. He said the FC seems better. Previously, on full tank, it couldn't even reach 300km when the fuel light blinks. Now it only blinks way pass 300km.

Actually you dont need to buy the bottle.you can pump caltex fuel as it also has the techron cleanup additives.
i buy the bottle because i want faster results.
I wasn't actually thinking about buying that Techron thing. I know about the advertised Techron being mixed inside Caltex fuel, that is why I thought of trying it.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
This sounds similar to the Myvi at my house. FC is very bad when it is only driven to nearby places on low revs. Recently my brother has been driving it a lot on longer distances. He said the FC seems better. Previously, on full tank, it couldn't even reach 300km when the fuel light blinks. Now it only blinks way pass 300km.
Long distance like on highway with constant speed will get better mileage. Like my SUV, town around 400km for one tank, highway outstation run can go pass 600km

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
BHP, petron, caltex ..
Anyone try shell vpower racing?
That’s RON 97 minimum.

Better pump petron Blaze 100, at least confirm it’s RON 100. Perfect for tuned Godzillas and gorillas.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
BHP, petron, caltex ..
Anyone try shell vpower racing?
Never tried before, just too expensive and I doubt its worth it, probably more marketing snake oil than making real power and the RON is still only 97 anyway, probably just wiht more cleaning additives or whatever. I'd rather use Petron RON 100 if I want to make more power.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Never tried before, just too expensive and I doubt its worth it, probably more marketing snake oil than making real power and the RON is still only 97 anyway, probably just wiht more cleaning additives or whatever. I'd rather use Petron RON 100 if I want to make more power.
Yup, even their website states,
  • Designed to help to remove up to 80% of performance robbing deposits.
  • With boosted DYNAFLEX technology for improved engine performance.
So basically is more additives?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Not more additives.

More FERRARI approved addictives. V12 yo.

Their additives is different from other additives because FERRARI.

Don’t drive Ferrari don’t bother. Pump other cheap fuel, save the money to buy a Ferrari first.

Reactions: 6UE5t

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur

I wasn't actually thinking about buying that Techron thing. I know about the advertised Techron being mixed inside Caltex fuel, that is why I thought of trying it.
Usually for long distance highway drives the fc is better because distance traveled per engine rpm is a lot more. Also the engine does not have to move the car from a standing start. Keeping a car going is much more efficient than stop and go repeatedly.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
If thats the case, BHP is giving 2x more additive at no additional cost.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Usually for long distance highway drives the fc is better because distance traveled per engine rpm is a lot more. Also the engine does not have to move the car from a standing start. Keeping a car going is much more efficient than stop and go repeatedly.
Yup, correct. In town too much stop/start traffic, especially speed bumps in my taman. Outstation highway my SUV CVT gear doing 1.8k rpm at 110kph

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
True. Is like for example at 80kmh@2000rpm, very quickly you can cover 1km perhaps in less than a minute. But in shorter distances with a lot of start stop, RPM fluctuates up and down and sometimes even in more than a minute, 1km is not even covered yet.

A Post Every 5 Mins

My drive is satria with Mitsu 4G93 SOHC Engine (auto)
Planning to change the stock air filter to Open Pod

The filter already brought from a nice seller from ZTH, HKS Super Flow

But people said that my car will lost some power because of my drive is Auto Transmitsion.
But i also will do a CAI hose to the filter.

And later will change the muffler to S-flow
My upgrade: HKS Super Flow + Denso Iridium IK-20 Spark Plug

How was you guys or girls thing about it ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience