Ron95 or Ron97 for Mivec 4G92

apai_Ngage

Known Member
Dec 15, 2004
:hmmmm: Just wondering if it is okay for me to use Ron95 for my engine. Because I read some post that say high compression engine need to use Ron97 (eg:Civic Type-R) Any ideas all sifus? Mine engine is stock standard no mod (only change air filter to HKS Mushroom only) Thanks for any info :wavey:

paranoid_android

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
:hmmmm: Just wondering if it is okay for me to use Ron95 for my engine. Because I read some post that say high compression engine need to use Ron97 (eg:Civic Type-R) Any ideas all sifus? Mine engine is stock standard no mod (only change air filter to HKS Mushroom only) Thanks for any info :wavey:
better use RON97.. no point if u save some money and later ur engine knocking and kebabom :hmmmm:

wira3319

Known Member
Feb 22, 2007
use Ron95 will cause you engine knocking..for safety btter use 97 wan..:driver:

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Erm, bro you posted in wrong section kah... i use mivec as well, i pump v power cos 97 and vpower's price differ a bit only...

apai_Ngage

Known Member
Dec 15, 2004
Thanks for the info. I'm thinking of banning Ron95 for ever :rolleyes: But if I plug in some piggyback+methanol juice, will it be safe?

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

what is price different 97 and vpower? all shell I go dont have vpower, only 95 and 97 only
No more V-power for the time being if I am not mistaken

paranoid_android

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the info. I'm thinking of banning Ron95 for ever :rolleyes: But if I plug in some piggyback+methanol juice, will it be safe?

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

better use ron97 bro, no turning back, put piggyback+methanol juice in 97, more boost, more power :driver:

apai_Ngage

Known Member
Dec 15, 2004
Ya. I've started using Ron97 starting this morning :biggrin: And I've got a unit of unused SAFC1+1.8 block under my bed begging to be installed. Need just a couple $$$ and some research before going for the meth juice (Aquamist perhaps? :bird: hehehehe)

paranoid_android

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Ya. I've started using Ron97 starting this morning :biggrin: And I've got a unit of unused SAFC1+1.8 block under my bed begging to be installed. Need just a couple $$$ and some research before going for the meth juice (Aquamist perhaps? :bird: hehehehe)
tune ur safc first and see how ur car perform.. if stock standard engine, pump gas should be enough, if ur compression gila2, than use meth..

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006

V POWER is only available in certain Shell station. Piggyback + methanol juice is good. But let say.... U already tuned ur car with Metanol. With methanol, apa lagi... Ignition advance kow kow la... And 1 fine day u started ur car in JB and u decided to go to Penang. While playing with a VTEC, U know la, Mitsu and Honda... When ur RPM reaches like 10krpm... Tiba tiba, methanol finish edy... Then, u'll have 2 option the day after.

1) Learn a lesson- change engine and retune to something available easily in the market
2) No mood for automotive.

better use ron97 bro, no turning back, put piggyback+methanol juice in 97, more boost, more power :driver:
CIVIC FD2 TYPE R CR is 11.0:1, HONDA does not recommend RON 95. MIVEC 4G92 is also 11.0:1. When u install the MIVEC pistons into a 1.8 block, U'll be having CR 12.6:1.

tune ur safc first and see how ur car perform.. if stock standard engine, pump gas should be enough, if ur compression gila2, than use meth..
True.

apai_Ngage

Known Member
Dec 15, 2004
After reading your post I'm thinking of using standard engine only :banghead: Anyone wanna buy my safc and 1.8 block? :listen: Is there any chance that if I plug in the 1.8 block, I can set back the compression ratio from 12.6:1 back to 11.0:1? Me noobie. Thanks for the advice :wavey:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
After reading your post I'm thinking of using standard engine only :banghead: Anyone wanna buy my safc and 1.8 block? :listen: Is there any chance that if I plug in the 1.8 block, I can set back the compression ratio from 12.6:1 back to 11.0:1? Me noobie. Thanks for the advice :wavey:
There are a few option u may wanna think about.

1) Well, u can plunk in a 1.8mm metal gasket. CR estimated to goes down to 11.5. Which is same as a Celica ZZT231 VVTLi stock compression ratio.

2) U can also use 1.8 block, couple with 4G92 non mivec pistons. U also get a CR 11.5. But adding in a 1.5mm metal gasket, U can aproximately get CR 10.9.

3) U can straight plug in the 1.8 block with the stock 1.8 pistons, couple with a thin 0.4mm metal gasket, U'll probably get CR 10.6

So, the closest to your stock CR would be #2. With the right tunning, #1 is definitely possible. Maybe retarding some ignition timing, which is not able to be done by SAFC. But not too sure if it really needs to retard.

By all mean, injectors upgrade is a must due to higher capacity.

apai_Ngage

Known Member
Dec 15, 2004
There are a few option u may wanna think about.

1) Well, u can plunk in a 1.8mm metal gasket. CR estimated to goes down to 11.5. Which is same as a Celica ZZT231 VVTLi stock compression ratio.

2) U can also use 1.8 block, couple with 4G92 non mivec pistons. U also get a CR 11.5. But adding in a 1.5mm metal gasket, U can aproximately get CR 10.9.

3) U can straight plug in the 1.8 block with the stock 1.8 pistons, couple with a thin 0.4mm metal gasket, U'll probably get CR 10.6

So, the closest to your stock CR would be #2. With the right tunning, #1 is definitely possible. Maybe retarding some ignition timing, which is not able to be done by SAFC. But not too sure if it really needs to retard.

By all mean, injectors upgrade is a must due to higher capacity.
By using E-manage application, may I be able to solve the ignition timing problem? And does Evo3 or GSR injector is the best replacement for my stock injector?

paranoid_android

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
By using E-manage application, may I be able to solve the ignition timing problem? And does Evo3 or GSR injector is the best replacement for my stock injector?
in my opinion, just use 4g93 flat piston to avoid knocking because of to high compression mivec piston made.. better get e-manage than safc because u can tune ignition and fuel.. evo3 and gsr injector is too big for mivec.. if not mistaken, many people use h22a injector but i forgot the cc..

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Yes... E manage can tune ignition timing in reference to your Enging RPM/MAF Signal/Throttle position... EVO3's injector is definitely too rich. GSR injectors sounds good. However, ur current engine wiring does not have resistor pack to use the GSR injectors.

in my opinion, just use 4g93 flat piston to avoid knocking because of to high compression mivec piston made.. better get e-manage than safc because u can tune ignition and fuel.. evo3 and gsr injector is too big for mivec.. if not mistaken, many people use h22a injector but i forgot the cc..
Using the stock 1.8 pistons will lose the joy of high compression response and Gss... Big or small injectors, it can be tuned in SAFC/E-manage. However, EVOs 510cc injectors are way too big. -50 in e-manage is still way too rich.

390cc sounds reasonable. But sad to say, it's a low impedance injectors. This is going to cause ur ECU to work very hard to suit the low voltage of the injectors. Worse case scenario, u'll burn the ECU. So, it's wise to add in a resistor pack into your wiring system.

People uses H22A injectors 295cc OBD-2 because it's a high impedance. Meaning to say, it's something like a PNP item. But it's not so comon in Malaysia Market. But if u find an OND-1 (345cc), U'll still need a resistor pack. They are also low impedance injectors.

Happy modding... Good luck in your project too panaroid android. Both ur daily driven project and your lifetime project.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys, im new here. i need some help for my wira's lip. actually im just 17 this year. i would like to ask all of u abt ur opinion. what kind of rear,side and front lip shud i buy to make my wira looks cool and nice. and by the way, what's the cheapest price for those lips?

thx ur for ur help..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience