RON97 petrol to cost more when RON95 is introduced

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
PUTRAJAYA: The price of premium grade petrol RON97 will be increased when the Government introduces RON95 to replace RON92 in July.

Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Minister Datuk Shahrir Samad said this would encourage more people to use RON95.

“The Government intends to subsidise more on RON95 to make it the same price with RON92,” he told a press conference yesterday.

The prices of RON95 and RON97 would be known in July.
Currently, Shahrir said, 80% of motorists used RON97 and the others RON92.
“In fact, RON92 is suitable for most vehicles but it is not as popular as RON97.
“Our way is to subsidise more of RON95 and reduce the subsidy for RON97 so that more consumers will opt for the former,” he said.

However, he said the Government did not plan to float the price of RON97.
“We will increase the price of RON97 reasonably when RON95 is introduced but if we use the floating system for RON97, its price will immediately increase by 50 sen,” he said.
On the consumer price index (CPI), Shahrir said it had decreased by 0.1% last month compared to December and showed an increment of 3.9% to 111.7 compared to 107.5 in the same period last year.

He said the index for food and non-alcoholic beverages increased by 9.8% last month, compared to the same period in 2008 while the index for non-food items went up by 1.1%.
He said the 3.9% increase in the CPI was brought about by increases in the indices of all the main groups, except transport, clothing and footwear and communication which decreased by 2.1%, 0.8% and 0.5% respectively.

Shahrir said the CPI was expected to go down further by the first quarter of the year.
“However, we have no control over restaurants and I don’t blame them because they still get good business when they increase their prices,” he said.

Source - TheStar.com.my

what do u guys think?:hmmmm:
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
if people use ron97....why want to downgrade????

Big brain...but with less function..

Bump: if people use ron97....why want to downgrade????

Big brain...but with less function..

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Know how to consume fuel and expert in asking subsidies is not gonna change the fact that our crude oil will not last forever and we are wasting the crude oil money to encourage people to create more pollutions. This is a 100 years once opportunity for making things straight. If cannot afford a world standard fuel price, why wanna spend like rich people, so kiasu? People can deny the fact, but will not create a better future.

gothculture

Known Member
Apr 18, 2008
From my understanding,the RON 97 will be floated accordingly to the market prices which translates to USD$35/barrel. On the other hand, RON 95 will be subsidised by the government. If you look at the petrol offered by countries such as England, they offer RON 95 and RON 98@Shell V-Power.

Though i am more concerned if there will be a choice between RON 98, RON 97 and Ron 95 when the government decides to restructure the petrol pumps. If such a choice is presented to consumers, i doubt anybody will complain.

But of course it remains to be seen, will the government keep to its word i.e. floating of pump prices? If im not mistaken, Singapore's pump price for RON 97 is at $1.60 based on the global market price.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
why is RON95 for economy but not RON92??
If RON 95 is RM1.7/L, RON 92 green should be cheaper than this number right??:idea:
Now ppl is looking for more economy petrol use daily basic.
Hence, RON92 lead free support is the right number instead of RON 95.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
i think their gonna stop ron92 and introduce ron95 for the public...for the same price

Co2

Feb 22, 2009
Ron97, Ron95, Ron92 ... whatever it is the government has to analyse and do research before making any implementation. most ppl uses Ron97 and only 5% uses Ron92

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
I don understand the government move to remove away the RON92.

but 1 thing for sure is that Malaysian don like to pump RON92, because they think that is old petrol and is less power. One Sad Day for all consumer but merrier for the petrol company.

RON 92 is cheaper than RON 95 /97 that is for sure because of the fewer process. In general most car on the road is fine for the 92, but some with higher efficiency design engine does require 97 to prevent knocking... so in directly people have strong root to believe that 97 is better than 92.

the petrol kiosk guy also should be ashame of themself for not educating themselfe or the consumer regard the truth and now the government too play a silly part in this game...

the higher the grade they produce the more tax dollar we going to waste, because the petrol company is virtually paid to supply the oil to us. even at current rate with surplus and profiting from current price, the petrol company does still getting subsidized, but for what ? the rakyat is not getting the benefit but the petrol company does

i think giving a choice for consumer to choose is critical. In petronas you wont be able to get 92 because their pump does not have it at all.The best role model in providing ROn92 would be EXXON MOBIL and Caltex. Petronas is the most devil petrol co that provide 0 station with 92

Shell come in next where they provide 92 maybe 1 out of 100 station. BHP is fair maybe 2/3 out of 10 Caltex around 3/4 out of 10 ExxonM about 4/5 out of 10. But recently I notice exxonm petrol kiok reseller is locking their 92, they will tell you tiada petrol ini lagi ...

If u drive in singapore, you will see 3 grade or minimun 2 grade of petrol will be at the kiosk for selection ....

in US, usually 3 regular super premium .... and usually, i notice folks just pump in regular... and if some one pump in super, they will say , that guy is rich ... hahaha

over here when they see me pump in 92, even my fren will say WOOi.. why you pump old petrol in your new car... xxx...xx...xx....

amae92

Known Member
Feb 13, 2007
by right out petrol shud be below RM1.20 /l.
world price going down from $140 to $40 /barrel
im not good in math or economy but its more than 300% rite???
but here from RM2.78/l to RM1.80/l... ??????? what is that??
we are giving undeclared tax to this government everyday. dont talk about subsidy or dana or what ever they called.. all this bullshitt!!!
:banghead:

Bump: by right out petrol shud be below RM1.20 /l.
world price going down from $140 to $40 /barrel
im not good in math or economy but its more than 300% rite???
but here from RM2.78/l to RM1.80/l... ??????? what is that??
we are giving undeclared tax to this government everyday. dont talk about subsidy or dana or what ever they called.. all this bullshitt!!!
:banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Simple question to all sifu out there.....
1. how to cut off my rev limit (engine 4g91, ECU No. 7375)?
2.Does it need to re-map?
3.How much does it cost?
4.where is the location to do this thing? prefer ...Penang.:regular_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience