Palm oil as fuel additives to petrol car, can it be done?

mike77kl

Known Member
Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I'm wondering about being able to run a gasoline-powered car
with palm oil as fuel additives. Upon Googling this, I found a load
on setting up a Diesel engine to do so, but absolutely nothing on
the gasoline variant.

My mum is doing Cosway and one of her product that i tried
on my car was the Cosway fuel saver. It looks like palm oil
to me and i began to think that it is actually palm oil. Hope
Cosway dun sue me for what i think. I could be wrong.
The label says only use 5-10ml to a full tank but i was
wondering could i use a liter of palm oil to a full tank
instead? Could it make the petrol to burn slower or
useless it seems, since a 10:1 compression may not be
sufficient be enuff to ignite the oil. But if we look at the
lubrication side, it might gives some benefits since engine
oil only lubricate the bottom part of the cylinder while petrol
lubricates the top part, then wouldn't it be better if we add
oil to lubricate the top part this time?

Pls feel free to discuss and share yr experience if u have done it.
How about other possibilities such as putting water in petrol tank,
alcohol, butane, propane, methane, etc. that is abandon,
cheap, and easily available.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
well back then got one brand of petrol addative made from palm oil...

also got for diesel...

tested that it gave good response (compared to normal petrol without addative)

the brand is marvel....but dunnow now seems like the product was missing from the market?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
My advice - don't pour *oil* into your fuel tank. You'll clog injectors, possible damage your fuel pump in the long run and that'll do more than just "save petrol".

Injectors run on micron sizes, fuel is waaaaaay more viscous compared to palm oil. Fuel can be easily pushed through the injectors but oil will be harder.

If you're looking to destroying your injectors - then try it! Will give those injector cleaner shops more business.

mike77kl

Known Member
Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
My advice - don't pour *oil* into your fuel tank. You'll clog injectors, possible damage your fuel pump in the long run and that'll do more than just "save petrol".

Injectors run on micron sizes, fuel is waaaaaay more viscous compared to palm oil. Fuel can be easily pushed through the injectors but oil will be harder.

If you're looking to destroying your injectors - then try it! Will give those injector cleaner shops more business.
Bro Izso, you are right that EFI cars dun like us messing around with it especially feeding it with
HHO seems to be a headache but mine is a carb car, a 21 years old Saga Automatic Aeroback
with a 4G15P 12V Magma engine. Probably oil into gas tank would clog the tiny passage of the
carb, what if i could feed the engine with palm oil in a slow controlled manner thru the vacuum
hose directly into the intake manifold? Come to think of it, i could do the same with water and
make steam power.

well back then got one brand of petrol addative made from palm oil...

also got for diesel...

tested that it gave good response (compared to normal petrol without addative)

the brand is marvel....but dunnow now seems like the product was missing from the market?

Bro pomen, u mean the Marvel Mystery Oil? ::Marvel Mystery Oil::

My objective is to use/add something that is abundant and cheap into the gas tank.
Sometimes i spent more money for petrol than food making me feel like wanna pour
water into the gas tank hoping that when the water reach the combustion chamber
it turn to HHO by itself...lol

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I don't know enough about Carbies to comment. But i doubt pouring water into your fuel tank will help considering water and fuel do not mix. You'll get a separate layer of water and petrol, so what happens if more water is pumped in than petrol? You won't get detonation and probably get nasty piston damage when the compression stroke comes.

zmays

Known Member
Feb 20, 2006
top part and bottom part of 4 stroke engine is lubricated by engine oil. petrol is used to be burned-produce power. it wont be used to lubricate engine part.

however for 2-stroke engine, special oil is added with petrol to lubricate some of the engine parts...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Bro Izso, you are right that EFI cars dun like us messing around with it especially feeding it with
HHO seems to be a headache but mine is a carb car, a 21 years old Saga Automatic Aeroback
with a 4G15P 12V Magma engine. Probably oil into gas tank would clog the tiny passage of the
carb, what if i could feed the engine with palm oil in a slow controlled manner thru the vacuum
hose directly into the intake manifold? Come to think of it, i could do the same with water and
make steam power.

Bro pomen, u mean the Marvel Mystery Oil? ::Marvel Mystery Oil::

My objective is to use/add something that is abundant and cheap into the gas tank.
Sometimes i spent more money for petrol than food making me feel like wanna pour
water into the gas tank hoping that when the water reach the combustion chamber
it turn to HHO by itself...lol
errr..i doesn't think that was it...

the marvel brand i meant earlier was malaysian's company....

listed here as marvel zone (m) sdn bhd Palm Oil Products

their website also no more on the server :adore:

p/stalking about petrol additive...last time during petrol price hike,i've tried MyGreenOil on my high comp. semi-race bike...quite good result....it doesn;t bother me at all even if i pump ron92 petrol back then....but the newer MGO i've tested seems the effect wasn;t there anymore...maybe the manufacturer making the oil dilluted and less concentrated..... :adore:

mike77kl

Known Member
Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I don't know enough about Carbies to comment. But i doubt pouring water into your fuel tank will help considering water and fuel do not mix. You'll get a separate layer of water and petrol, so what happens if more water is pumped in than petrol? You won't get detonation and probably get nasty piston damage when the compression stroke comes.
Thanks Izso, now i realize petrol is from crude oil so neither oil nor petrol
are water soluble. But then palm oil could mix with petrol, rite?

We could try other mean of feeding water such as using the engine's
own vacuum to suck water droplets into the intake without the water
even touches the carburetor. I saw a few vacuum line after the carb
that we could use, one of them is the PCV hose which connects directly
to the throat of the intake after the carb. Just hope the water droplet
would vaporise into mist once it touches the hot intake and get
distributed evenly on all 4 cylinders to make some steam power.

Or what about adding 1 liter of palm oil to a full tank of petrol to help slow down the burn?
Anyhow i am sure that the palm oil is able to provide some lubrication to the
combustion side of the cylinder, hence saves fuel as the engine runs smoother.

---------- Post added at 03:46 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

top part and bottom part of 4 stroke engine is lubricated by engine oil. petrol is used to be burned-produce power. it wont be used to lubricate engine part.

however for 2-stroke engine, special oil is added with petrol to lubricate some of the engine parts...
Yes, agree with u. Thats the design where the engine oil lubricates every part inside the
engine. But i still feel the lubrication is insufficient. I dun know, maybe i think too much.

Allow me to explain my thoughts, you see...when the piston at TDC, the bottom part of
the cylinder is lubricated with engine oil, so no problem for the piston going down that
slippery road later. Once it goes down, it will have to travel back up again but no so easy
this time coz when the piston was going down just now, the piston ring will wipe the
cylinder clean on the top side while the fire would burn it dry. Now u have a clean and dry
top side where the piston will soon move up pushing the rubber o-ring against the dry
cylinder wall. The piston ring will have some oil but getting thin out the further it travel till
the top.

---------- Post added at 03:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

errr..i doesn't think that was it...

the marvel brand i meant earlier was malaysian's company....

listed here as marvel zone (m) sdn bhd Palm Oil Products

their website also no more on the server :adore:

p/stalking about petrol additive...last time during petrol price hike,i've tried MyGreenOil on my high comp. semi-race bike...quite good result....it doesn;t bother me at all even if i pump ron92 petrol back then....but the newer MGO i've tested seems the effect wasn;t there anymore...maybe the manufacturer making the oil dilluted and less concentrated..... :adore:

Arrg!!!:banghead: The website marvelenergy.co Marvel Energy
got hijacked by cuti-cuti malaysia.

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I like the idea of the vacuum hose to feed the oil. But i'd be very cautious about the amount you pump in, engine damage is not a cheap affair!

Document and take pics man, I'm very interested to see where this goes

mike77kl

Known Member
Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I like the idea of the vacuum hose to feed the oil. But i'd be very cautious about the amount you pump in, engine damage is not a cheap affair!

Document and take pics man, I'm very interested to see where this goes
I am not too worry bro, spent only 3.5k for this thing, and i got not just the engine
or the tranny but the whole damn car. Like others are saying about the 4G15 engine,
20 years taruk sama dia also no problem.

I still feel the top side of the combustion chamber needs some sort of extra lubrication
other than whats provided by the engine oil. You see, the cylinder got 2 side, top and
bottom side while the middle is the piston and both sides being saperated and sealed
tight by the piston ring which straps on the upper side of the piston head, got 3 of
them.

When the piston is at the bottom, the piston ring may dip into the engine oil and lubricates
the cylinder wall as it moves up later. But like what tried to explained b4, lubrication in such
a way was just insufficient. Maybe this explains why especially the carb controlled engine
needed time to warmed up in the morning b4 the engine could run smoothly.

Oil additives only helps the situation a bit but it still helps lubricating the engine from the
bottoms up, it would not solve the problem by having a dry top side once the piston
moved down. More expensive oil such as the synthetic oil talks about their superior
film strength, but for my cheap Saga and my financial situation, the cheapest oil
is my only option.

I started this thread to see if anyone have had bad experience trying this which
could make me to back off but since i dun hear any, i have decided to go ahead
pouring palm oil into the petrol tank. I will write out my experience and results
later.

Objective
To save fuel. Palm oil into petrol would make petrol to turn thicker which would make
this thicker fuel to flow slower thru the tiny passage of the carb. This would makes
a leaner running engine, may cause detonation, would be a bad idea without the
assistance of water injection to offset the effects from the leaner burns. Needs
time to find the best ratio of palm oil to petrol mix. Initial mixture would be 30:1
where 1 litre palm oil mix to 30 litres of petrol. Such thickness would gives a leaner run,
probably may even chock the fuel filter and weaken the mechanical fuel pump.
Too thick would even stop fuel flow entirely inside the carb. I think i give this a pass.

What i would do instead is to fed palm oil thru the PCV hose in tiny amount at a time,
to my believes that the fresh palm oil could help lubricate the top side of the chamber,
makes the engine runs even smoother even the moment u start it in the morning,
thus saves fuel as a result.

Last edited:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
believe it or not, the diesel engine was initially engineered/designed to run on palm oil, lol

wfd9766acik

Known Member
Dec 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
anybody tried e-biogreen? palm oil based fuel additives. i ttried it with my previous 4g13 & it works as they claim. but haven't tried it with my 4g92 mivec. try..not try..try..not try..

mike77kl

Known Member
Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
anybody tried e-biogreen? palm oil based fuel additives. i ttried it with my previous 4g13 & it works as they claim. but haven't tried it with my 4g92 mivec. try..not try..try..not try..
Try la, why hesitate? Fuel additives is usually used in small 5ml amount and should be no problem.
But when it comes to 1000mL of oil for each full tank of petrol, then i really have to think twice.
Dun know about special premix formula (maybe could make a bigger fire), the trick in using large
amount of oil is to thicken the petrol so that it would flow thru the carb slower and giving you
a lean effect, so u save fuel. And i dun think palm oil could generate more power, coz its not like
you could ignite palm oil with either spark or compression of gasoline engine. It would be treated
like blowby, get burned off, incinerated, and gave flavors to yr exhaust. I still hope that it
could provides some lubrication to the top part though.

believe it or not, the diesel engine was initially engineered/designed to run on palm oil, lol
I tot it was peanut oil. :biggrin:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

!!!need help about custom car approval

all sifu out there or any 1 experiance
do i need JPJ approval after i fix some custom made body kits(car look different then original e.g. kenari mod to accord) to use it on the road???:Not_Impressed:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience