• BHP

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor
Hello everyone :) I know this subject has been never ended .. but still I want to make sure which petrol is really good ? some say Shell, some say Petron, some say Petronas .. i want to know what makes them say that its better than the others .. is it the formula the or the quality ? Since the petrol price has gone up for the RON95 to RM2.10, its not getting any cheaper and so I want to know which is the best . Please help me all sifu's .. mari turun :adore:

twistedpotato

Aug 9, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
shell gives me slightly better mileage than petron.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Some say Shell has a lot of additives in the fuel.
Although I always pump Petronas, I always pump during a colder weather and newer stations.
why pump during colder weather and at newer stations ? am i missing some goodies?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
shell gives me slightly better mileage than petron.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

why pump during colder weather and at newer stations ? am i missing some goodies?

During colder temp its suppose to be better density, then can pump more fuel. Newer stations get cleaner fuel lo. Old stations maybe clogged up in their tank.

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hello everyone :) I know this subject has been never ended .. but still I want to make sure which petrol is really good ? some say Shell, some say Petron, some say Petronas .. i want to know what makes them say that its better than the others .. is it the formula the or the quality ? Since the petrol price has gone up for the RON95 to RM2.10, its not getting any cheaper and so I want to know which is the best . Please help me all sifu's .. mari turun :adore:
Personally find the fuel that suits your car. Even if one works for your friend but may not work for your car and so on. So try all the fuel then see which better...:driver:

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

During colder temp its suppose to be better density, then can pump more fuel. Newer stations get cleaner fuel lo. Old stations maybe clogged up in their tank.
Colder I have heard of before especially pumping in the morning, but for newer and older station? Their tank won't be clogged lah! just make sure the truck delivering fuel is not unloading into their tank when you are there to pump. When they unload into their main tank may churn the dirt up from the bottom. If the truck just left then sorry loh! change your fuel filter more often....:biggrin:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
During colder temp its suppose to be better density, then can pump more fuel. Newer stations get cleaner fuel lo. Old stations maybe clogged up in their tank. Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk.
It's a myth la bro...cold weather or not, it doesn't matter as the temp inside the tank is the same.
older station vs newer station is the amount of impurities only. The impurities will become sediment inside the tank. Just don't pump when you see a tanker refilling as it would stir the sediments.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
It's a myth la bro...cold weather or not, it doesn't matter as the temp inside the tank is the same.
older station vs newer station is the amount of impurities only. The impurities will become sediment inside the tank. Just don't pump when you see a tanker refilling as it would stir the sediments.
Do u have any Mythbuster videos or references?
Im not sure its right or wrong but in my logic, it is ahhaa

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
its not a myth...what you fill is based on volume a.k.a litre...

colder temperature will have higher density per volume...although it can be ignored (not significant) in our climate..
also lower temperature are less prone to vaporise...

as an example, fuel used in Formula 1 race are very low temperature...so they can fill up faster (higher density)...

its not older vs newer station...best fuel would be fresh fuel...choose station with higher rate of customer...
fuel will be degrade if kept in long time...there's a myth (not sure true or not, for now its a myth) that fuel will retain in RON rating only for 2 weeks..
as an example, only buy racing fuel from closed dark container (oil drum)...

regarding the tanker refilling, not sure...they have filter for that...

did anyone ever did dyno test on our different fuel brand?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

colder temperature will have higher density per volume...although it can be ignored (not significant) in our climate..

as an example, fuel used in Formula 1 race are very low temperature...so they can fill up faster (higher density)...

its not older vs newer station...best fuel would be fresh fuel...choose station with higher rate of customer...
fuel will be degrade if kept in long time...there's a myth (not sure true or not, for now its a myth) that fuel will retain in RON rating only for 2 weeks..

Dyno, never came across any. But, there should be a picture of petrol colour.
Anyone have that? I remember people saying Petronas is like thinner, colourless.
I personally pumped Shell in a transparent container, a lighter teh-o colour.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Dyno, never came across any. But, there should be a picture of petrol colour.
Anyone have that? I remember people saying Petronas is like thinner, colourless.
I personally pumped Shell in a transparent container, a lighter teh-o colour.
Ron 95 is yellow and Ron 97 is red to tell them apart.....:driver:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Do u have any Mythbuster videos or references?
Im not sure its right or wrong but in my logic, it is ahhaa

Nah..don't have to bother. What you guys mentioned were true. Fuel at lower temperature is denser. But when you add things up, it is a crappy myth. The tanks at petrol stations a buried meters under the ground. Now when you r underground, the surrounding temperature is not much affected by the ambient air temperature. It would take many hours for heat from above ground to reach the tank and heats up the fuel. Most of the heat will remain at the surface (probably 1m - 2m depth) and get dispersed through convection. So even if the heat really reach the tank, the sun is already sleeping. So unless you pump your petrol at Genting Highlands, don't bother.

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk.

It happens to me twice with different car, after pumping my fuel pump dies.. So im obviously agree with u bro.. Now i just pump at the station that i always go, without taking risk on stranger's station, have no idea with their history, heard that some station leaks water into their tank when is heavy rain too, is something about their incorrect platform design..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Ninja,
I am currently using Titan on my E34 . Purchased by previous owner .
Two of them I believe it's leaking cause I can see some oil start accumulating .
Making the ride uncomfortable .

Since Titan carried two years warranty , how much does it cost to service it .

Do we need to make an appointment or I just can drop by and expect to get services by Q . ( first come first serve )

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience