Going from Ron97 to Ron95 with AFC Neo

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Hey guys, need opinions from using Ron 97 to Ron 95 with an AFC Neo on a turbocharged ride. If I do this without adjusting the A/F ratio with the neo will it be ok? I have not fiddle with the AFC before so I'm unsure. If it needs to be tuned how should I start? Thanks in advance.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
erm... AFC just tune A/F ratio... if you fear of engine knocks from downgrading to RON95... you should get a piggyback that can tune ignition...

Please dun shoot me if I'm wrong... I'm merely relaying knowledge gleaned from zth oso

Hey guys, need opinions from using Ron 97 to Ron 95 with an AFC Neo on a turbocharged ride. If I do this without adjusting the A/F ratio with the neo will it be ok? I have not fiddle with the AFC before so I'm unsure. If it needs to be tuned how should I start? Thanks in advance.

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Can I just pump Ron95 and see whether it's knocking or better to tune it before driving?

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Can I just pump Ron95 and see whether it's knocking or better to tune it before driving?
actually can just pump ron 95 and drive first because most likely the knock will happen only when your are driving hard then if you notice the knock just drive normally till you can get a decent management to tune your afr and ignition to counter the knock but till you can do that you just need to control your "semangat" lah thats all
but of course if you already have the cash the best thing to do and also the safest option would be to pump in one full tank of ron 95 and send the car in to install the management and tune one shot

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Haha get a new management unit? Not at the moment. Spent too much money. The reason I wanna switch to Ron95 is because I don't need so much power on tab but yeah if it does knock better to switch back to Ron97. I'm thinking if I do wanna drive it up to Penang from KL a full tank might not get me there and some stations don't carry Ron97. That's my concern.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Haha get a new management unit? Not at the moment. Spent too much money. The reason I wanna switch to Ron95 is because I don't need so much power on tab but yeah if it does knock better to switch back to Ron97. I'm thinking if I do wanna drive it up to Penang from KL a full tank might not get me there and some stations don't carry Ron97. That's my concern.
i think shouldnt be a problem provided you can control your driving style and train your ears to pick up any noise from knocking so the moment there is knocking you can back off the pedal immediately
or if the knocking is very bad then mix some ron 97 and ron 95 and see whether the knock is gone if still very bad no choice but for ron 97 lah

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Yeah it's currently on the fish tank tubing but since i got the car never touch it. Boosting 1 bar now. How low should I go? 0.5?

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Yeah it's currently on the fish tank tubing but since i got the car never touch it. Boosting 1 bar now. How low should I go? 0.5?
you cant go as low as you want i believe because of the actuator different actuators have different properties but i think for the stock actuator 0.5 bar is the minimum

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Yes... Hello Kitty really is taking over the world.

I posted a DIY guide sometime back on how to change your engine oil and it raised some questions:

"Whats a good oil to use in my old junk?"...​
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience