car going left and right on straight line

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
dear frens,

one of my car, a 97 ford lynx had undergo some restoration recently.

i've change:
- front tyres
- all four absorbers (tokico japan) standard oem including its cushion bushings an cover
- all absorber links
- all bushing for lower arms front and rear
- rear original stabilizer bar bush
- tie rod end
- and redo front and rear alignment

now my car got problem, when going straight, suddenly my car goes to the left or right a bit, but my steering is still in straight position. when taking corners, a lil bit more horror. let say im going down from a flyover, turning the steering to the left a bit, suddenly it goes like over-steer ( front of my car turn more to the left than what i intended to.

i checked my recently changed steering rack and its bushing, seems to be ok.

opinions and held needed.

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
cant be.... it never happened before i change all this.... also never had any major accidents before... just minor scratch only...

my foreman says its the alignment.. but i cant 100% agree with him since if driving in straight line, the steering sit still in its position.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
try look at tie rod end, cv joints and lower arm bushing too....no guarantee will solve yr problem but it happens to my saga many years ago BUT since u changed all the above...maybe yr tires & alignment...sometimes even new tires also possible to swirl left n right

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
u got do allignment & balancing anot? & adjust yr camber too.....
cos wat i suspect previously your tire already makan one side....so therefore yr car will not go in a straight line.

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
Thanks guys for the replies. yes i did the alignment and camber adjustments. tyres also new. so i think no issue with tyre makan one side.

i agree with EvolZ, but i have clocked almost 200km since i changed the tyres, so if tyres is the issue, it should be gone by now i guess...

today i think will try another shop to check out the alignment. any recommendation?

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
Guys.... Ive went to 2 tyre shop today. They check the alignment... Both said ok. The last shop check all bolts, all are secured properly. Rotated the tyres, redo balancing.... Still the same. Owh btw, the last shop used manual technique.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
it cannot be the alignment din, sounds like a steering rack related problem. need sum checking?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
did this car have balljoint at the front lower-arm to connect with the wheel hub/knuckle???

if yes try check that :adore:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
errr...regarding your replaced tie-rod end, is it including the rack-end as well???it is 2different thing....but related and connected to each other...(*atleast on proton/mitsubishi it can be replaced separately)

not sure on your car tough....

matshah

500 RPM
Jul 11, 2008
check yr steering rack again.jack t car n shake both front tyre..n try change yr front tyre to rear.. see how

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
errr...regarding your replaced tie-rod end, is it including the rack-end as well???it is 2different thing....but related and connected to each other...(*atleast on proton/mitsubishi it can be replaced separately)

not sure on your car though....
yes bro.... changed that too... when i said restoration earlier... i mean all of the undercarriage bushing, suspension and handling related parts.... had spent more than rm2k for all of this... and all are genuine parts.

check yr steering rack again.jack t car n shake both front tyre..n try change yr front tyre to rear.. see how
yes... just had it check... the rack had no leak and the pump was working nicely. and i did mentioned earlier i had rotated the tyres.

thanks all.... but any other ideas? i really need to solve this before this weekend as im going back hometown... its a 5 hours journey with this slow car...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all sifus!! Wondering if anyone here can advise on how to custom fibre tweeter panels for my wira. What materials do i need? Where can i buy the materials? Finally, how do i do it ? Thanks in advance !!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience