Which car should I choose?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Where's our resident Mark X owner?

Since you have Altis, I will forget the City and the Vios.

You've listed very good cars.

I feel the ES250 is definitely a good car, but ultimately it is the same K platform that the Camry uses, which makes it a luxury-fied Camry. I'm not sure if its more expensive than a Camry, but between this 2, I will lean towards the Camry Hybrid 2.5L because its a very nice car having sat in it, super spacious, and relatively speaking its spare parts would probably be cheaper than the Lexus parts.

Toyota has proven hybrids, so I wouldn't worry about its battery or anything like that. Plus it has an 8 year warranty.

My advice? Bring the wife to view ES250 and Camry Hybrid and see which is nicer to sit, drive, and the general feeling. If you're in this class of cars, forget about the others.

Alternatively, the X70, CX-5 are good choices in the same price segment. Again, I would sooner choose the X70 over the City/Vios, as there's more space, and better refinement.
I am still here, what's up boss?? Lol

Looking at his requirements, probably some big SUV or station wagon more suitable than Mark X even though Mark X is a better car than any in his list. Lol

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I am still here, what's up boss?? Lol

Looking at his requirements, probably some big SUV or station wagon more suitable than Mark X even though Mark X is a better car than any in his list. Lol
Pretty sure the Camry Hybrid is better at fuel consumption. hahaha.

koshin

Known Member

koshin

Known Member
Feb 1, 2018
Vietnam
CX5 mana ada space. The boot space is laughable and the interior is bleh. My sister has one and I've driven it maybe 3 times total since she bought it 2 years ago. Besides the fact I hate SUVs, once you fit 5 people in the car the back is just luggage space which piles upwards. This is why I dislike SUVs, the way you stack up the luggage hinders rear visibility. Last time balik kampung with just 5 people plus a 3 days worth of luggage - the lower half of the rear windscreen was completely hidden. As it is the CX5 has a lot of blindspots, adding one more isn't great. It's a good thing that it has a reverse camera though but I'm not sure it can be activated when driving forward.

You want space in a SUV get a bigger one. These middle sized SUVs max is 3-4 pax. Those small ones like the CX3 have miserable rear seats and specifically the CX3 I got claustrophobic sitting in the back by myself. I'm not exactly a big dude either.

The x70 on the other hand is more spacious but compared to the CX5 2.5 or the diesel it's weak. The CX5 2.0 is just a slouch and I wouldn't recommend it, but for fuel economy if you can resist flooring it (which you will constantly because of overtaking) you can get maybe at best 13-14km/L on the highway.

I'm sorry for babbling my hateful SUV spew.. I'm just too biased against SUVs. I'd rather a Mazda 6 over the CX5. But price difference is too large.

I got to drive the lady boss of my mechs shops hybrid camry for a day and yeah, it's a great car to drive. You will keep trying to mess with the FC numbers on the screen and activating/deactivating the battery is loads of fun but I realized after that I was one of those asshole drivers on the road that drive like a moronic slowpoke because of the battery power. But having the 2.5L on tap is pretty nice, space is great too. Biggest concern is security only with a car like this - investing in a good alarm and all is a must.
All cars small to you because you are kinda fat ler...

• Haha
Reactions: ixeo

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
My wife's company selling off a Lexus ES250 2014, will check see what price. What I know got slight bang on right rear fender.....
If price is good, can buy with eyes closed.
Lexus gives you reliable luxury. Only thing I feel the current dashboard / information system is very dated versus the likes of MBUX, whom they consider their peers. And the lineup is old and tired.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My wife's company selling off a Lexus ES250 2014, will check see what price. What I know got slight bang on right rear fender.....
In mudah the selling price around RM105k. Since is company car, they do not have personnel to take care of the sale, so they are getting used car to quote. So far offer only RM85k, another seeing it tomorrow.......

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
In mudah the selling price around RM105k. Since is company car, they do not have personnel to take care of the sale, so they are getting used car to quote. So far offer only RM85k, another seeing it tomorrow.......
RM85k damn low, but of course secondhand dealer will buy low, then sell around RM100k which is the market rate for the car. TS should buy this car at RM85k, then its a good bargain.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
RM85k damn low, but of course secondhand dealer will buy low, then sell around RM100k which is the market rate for the car. TS should buy this car at RM85k, then its a good bargain.
Yup, Used car sure offer low, touch up then sell higher for profit.......

jerrysiow

Known Member

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Hi zerotohundred-ians,

Thank you so much on your sincere input. Sorry for the late reply, was too busy on my recent job.

I still not making any decision yet as one of my friend (loan risk assessment department) told me to wait until end of the year because the economy is uncertain now. He asked me to wait and there might have plenty of nice and fairly new cars (like 1 or 2 years old) which the owner cannot pay the monthly commitment if I'm looking for a second hand car.

DNGFashion

Known Member

DNGFashion

Known Member
Apr 20, 2017
How affirmative is that statement? Will you have the chance to obtain that listing from your friend?
If all is true, will he be the liaison person to do all that for your benefits, to cherry pick "nice and fairly" new cars, to settle all your loan arrangement and all the documentation (if it is bank lelong car)? And if economy were to recover, will you regret for not making the purchase now with the ongoing tax holiday incentive and low interest rates?

Too many IFs hahah. While I am in the belief that economy will recover by year end (based on many fundamental reasons) unless snap polls or vote of no-confidence occurs, you should just grab the best deal in the present if you come across any.

Weigh out your financial contingency planning, spend just enough for your favourite ride with total ownership cost in mind.

Are you interested with this model 2019 Toyota Camry 2.5V at RM164k sold by Sime Darby Auto Selection?

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

In the same event, Bermaz Motor also introduced a diesel option for its mid-size crossover, the CX-5 SkyActiv-D.

What's the deal?

Like the Mazda6, this new CX-5 SkyActiv-D is also equipped with Mazda's super-efficient and environmentally-friendly diesel...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience