vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Let him think about it, I was also going to say SUV too but 17k over budget......

minibeany

500 RPM

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
Let him think about it, I was also going to say SUV too but 17k over budget......
if divided to 84 years... does not differ too much... a breakdown on Lexus will cost more than this 17k... it is already 5 yrs car. Not sure about the mileage yet... wear and tear parts definitely a must to change since he is using that car with family and balik kampung. Shall not shortcut on that.

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Where's our resident Mark X owner?

Since you have Altis, I will forget the City and the Vios.

You've listed very good cars.

I feel the ES250 is definitely a good car, but ultimately it is the same K platform that the Camry uses, which makes it a luxury-fied Camry. I'm not sure if its more expensive than a Camry, but between this 2, I will lean towards the Camry Hybrid 2.5L because its a very nice car having sat in it, super spacious, and relatively speaking its spare parts would probably be cheaper than the Lexus parts.

Toyota has proven hybrids, so I wouldn't worry about its battery or anything like that. Plus it has an 8 year warranty.

My advice? Bring the wife to view ES250 and Camry Hybrid and see which is nicer to sit, drive, and the general feeling. If you're in this class of cars, forget about the others.

Alternatively, the X70, CX-5 are good choices in the same price segment. Again, I would sooner choose the X70 over the City/Vios, as there's more space, and better refinement.

Reactions: jerrysiow

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
How do I edit a post ah? @Tom
I see the report button, select post button -> Choose action, there's no action available to edit.

Anyway I wanted to edit to say, IF the ES250 is more expensive than the Camry Hybrid, you will need to gauge to see if you're willing to pay for the "niceness" premium for the Lexus. I'd be very happy with the Camry honestly for all the space and comfort. And I cruise in a yacht so that speaks volume.

The Camry is nice, the Lexus is nicerer. haha. If Camry nice enough for you, then you will be happy with it. I know I'll be happy with the Camry, as I get a 2.5L engine AND economy of the hybrid.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Where's our resident Mark X owner?

Since you have Altis, I will forget the City and the Vios.

You've listed very good cars.

I feel the ES250 is definitely a good car, but ultimately it is the same K platform that the Camry uses, which makes it a luxury-fied Camry. I'm not sure if its more expensive than a Camry, but between this 2, I will lean towards the Camry Hybrid 2.5L because its a very nice car having sat in it, super spacious, and relatively speaking its spare parts would probably be cheaper than the Lexus parts.

Toyota has proven hybrids, so I wouldn't worry about its battery or anything like that. Plus it has an 8 year warranty.

My advice? Bring the wife to view ES250 and Camry Hybrid and see which is nicer to sit, drive, and the general feeling. If you're in this class of cars, forget about the others.

Alternatively, the X70, CX-5 are good choices in the same price segment. Again, I would sooner choose the X70 over the City/Vios, as there's more space, and better refinement.
Yah, X70 within budget some more........ :driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
RM120k... why not consider a brand new CX5? surely big boot space, nice family SUV... easy to load/unload baby stroller... new car surely less problematic than used car.
CX5 mana ada space. The boot space is laughable and the interior is bleh. My sister has one and I've driven it maybe 3 times total since she bought it 2 years ago. Besides the fact I hate SUVs, once you fit 5 people in the car the back is just luggage space which piles upwards. This is why I dislike SUVs, the way you stack up the luggage hinders rear visibility. Last time balik kampung with just 5 people plus a 3 days worth of luggage - the lower half of the rear windscreen was completely hidden. As it is the CX5 has a lot of blindspots, adding one more isn't great. It's a good thing that it has a reverse camera though but I'm not sure it can be activated when driving forward.

You want space in a SUV get a bigger one. These middle sized SUVs max is 3-4 pax. Those small ones like the CX3 have miserable rear seats and specifically the CX3 I got claustrophobic sitting in the back by myself. I'm not exactly a big dude either.

The x70 on the other hand is more spacious but compared to the CX5 2.5 or the diesel it's weak. The CX5 2.0 is just a slouch and I wouldn't recommend it, but for fuel economy if you can resist flooring it (which you will constantly because of overtaking) you can get maybe at best 13-14km/L on the highway.

I'm sorry for babbling my hateful SUV spew.. I'm just too biased against SUVs. I'd rather a Mazda 6 over the CX5. But price difference is too large.

The Camry is nice, the Lexus is nicerer. haha. If Camry nice enough for you, then you will be happy with it. I know I'll be happy with the Camry, as I get a 2.5L engine AND economy of the hybrid.
I got to drive the lady boss of my mechs shops hybrid camry for a day and yeah, it's a great car to drive. You will keep trying to mess with the FC numbers on the screen and activating/deactivating the battery is loads of fun but I realized after that I was one of those asshole drivers on the road that drive like a moronic slowpoke because of the battery power. But having the 2.5L on tap is pretty nice, space is great too. Biggest concern is security only with a car like this - investing in a good alarm and all is a must.

minibeany

500 RPM

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
CX5 mana ada space. The boot space is laughable and the interior is bleh. My sister has one and I've driven it maybe 3 times total since she bought it 2 years ago. Besides the fact I hate SUVs, once you fit 5 people in the car the back is just luggage space which piles upwards. This is why I dislike SUVs, the way you stack up the luggage hinders rear visibility. Last time balik kampung with just 5 people plus a 3 days worth of luggage - the lower half of the rear windscreen was completely hidden. As it is the CX5 has a lot of blindspots, adding one more isn't great. It's a good thing that it has a reverse camera though but I'm not sure it can be activated when driving forward.

You want space in a SUV get a bigger one. These middle sized SUVs max is 3-4 pax. Those small ones like the CX3 have miserable rear seats and specifically the CX3 I got claustrophobic sitting in the back by myself. I'm not exactly a big dude either.

The x70 on the other hand is more spacious but compared to the CX5 2.5 or the diesel it's weak. The CX5 2.0 is just a slouch and I wouldn't recommend it, but for fuel economy if you can resist flooring it (which you will constantly because of overtaking) you can get maybe at best 13-14km/L on the highway.

I'm sorry for babbling my hateful SUV spew.. I'm just too biased against SUVs. I'd rather a Mazda 6 over the CX5. But price difference is too large.

I got to drive the lady boss of my mechs shops hybrid camry for a day and yeah, it's a great car to drive. You will keep trying to mess with the FC numbers on the screen and activating/deactivating the battery is loads of fun but I realized after that I was one of those asshole drivers on the road that drive like a moronic slowpoke because of the battery power. But having the 2.5L on tap is pretty nice, space is great too. Biggest concern is security only with a car like this - investing in a good alarm and all is a must.
oppsss... triggered your dislike on SUV. hahaha.... Forgotten about X70. good choice within his budget. Don't get CX3, really small and cannot fit a stroller. I've tried before. HRV is better and more spacious than CX3.

yeah... it is a different driving experience on sedan and SUV. Always have to switch my mindset when switching between type of cars.

Suggest you visit the car showroom and check it out with your family. Is going to be family car right? make sure everyone likes it and approve it.

• Haha
Reactions: Izso

minibeany

500 RPM

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
How do I edit a post ah? @Tom
I see the report button, select post button -> Choose action, there's no action available to edit.

Anyway I wanted to edit to say, IF the ES250 is more expensive than the Camry Hybrid, you will need to gauge to see if you're willing to pay for the "niceness" premium for the Lexus. I'd be very happy with the Camry honestly for all the space and comfort. And I cruise in a yacht so that speaks volume.

just next to the report button. Unless you've special rights that "edit" and "delete" hidden away from you. hahahaha....

Screenshot 2020-06-05 at 11.33.56 AM.png

Hi Sifu - Sifu sekalian,

I need your guys input and opinion like what is the pros and cons of below cars.

My budget max is RM120,000 for my next purchase and I could fork out RM25,000 for down-payment. Why I've to think about purchase another car because recently my family car, a Corrolla Altis, around 3 years old got a minor accident and went for repair. Currently left a 11 years old myvi to ferry my family and I did not need to balik kampung due to MCO. The myvi cannot fit my family needs now as the boots space was too limited (previously when we balik kampung, the boots was filled up and including the front passenger seat for the Altis!). Normally I drove my myvi to work and only me alone. So now, my wife complaining the myvi like very insecure (maybe because she is too long never sit in a myvi), saying the car like shaking and floating here and there.

Before I listing the cars in my mind, I would like to share to you guys my needs and minimum requirements for my next purchase.

1. cabin and boots space have to be big enough. (I've a 10months old kid now and one of the rear passenger seat was occupied by the baby car seat. My wife and myself plan to have 2nd child within 2years time, thus the rear passenger end up will be occupied by 2 baby car seats.)

2. Safety and comfort level. Since I've a baby now, safety and comfort level is my main concern and objectives.

3. Decent maintenance cost.

The car in my mind and feel free to share your experience on buying a used car or a new car. Like why and why not?

1. A used Lexus ES250 (2014 to 2015 model).
2. A used Toyota Camry (2016 to 2017 model).
3. A new Honda City. (might be waiting for the new model).
4. A new Toyota Vios.
What you need most is a car with less problems and the most important thing you must have is a car repair knowledge or what we used to call a troubleshooting knowledge,

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Mazda 6 wagon. For sedan I’ll still choose the Camry hybrid over the 6 diesel. Because we’re in Malaysia and a Toyota is a Toyota.

I won’t bother with the alarm. Just make sure you buy insurance with proper agreed value. Then you’ll be happy if the car disappears.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
oppsss... triggered your dislike on SUV. hahaha.... Forgotten about X70. good choice within his budget. Don't get CX3, really small and cannot fit a stroller. I've tried before. HRV is better and more spacious than CX3.

yeah... it is a different driving experience on sedan and SUV. Always have to switch my mindset when switching between type of cars.

Suggest you visit the car showroom and check it out with your family. Is going to be family car right? make sure everyone likes it and approve it.
CX3 is really small, even HRV rear the roof also very low.......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,
Let's start here:

Engine: 4G92Mivec
Gearbox: Mivec std with 4.592 FD.
RPM on 5th gear @ 100km/h = 3600.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience