what should do after engine transplant??

steven5899

Feb 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all...

Recently I just have my engine transplant..my car is nissan altima u13. i transplant sr20neo vvl with cvt 6 speed gearbox. Wonder what next should i do.. I not means those JPJ, Puspakom things.

The concern thing is should i do any tuning of that engine ? or any others thing.. pls advice me. tq.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi all...

Recently I just have my engine transplant..my car is nissan altima u13. i transplant sr20neo vvl with cvt 6 speed gearbox. Wonder what next should i do.. I not means those JPJ, Puspakom things.

The concern thing is should i do any tuning of that engine ? or any others thing.. pls advice me. tq.
The mechanic who did the transplant did not tune it up?
Probably your suspension and brakes upgrade....

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
If not yet tune, I suggest to run in first. Then only go dyno tune. While running in, don't rev too high. Drive slowly.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Before attempting doing extensive mods, I would try the new setup for a couple of weeks, after all, it's a used engine and transmission. This would help you understand it better and you can also identify the areas (if any) that needs attention or replacement parts, especially within the transmission. Easier without the distraction from additional mods.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
run-in your engine for a few km's to ensure the engine & gbox is working fine.

u need to upgrade your brakes, preferable 4 pots are now quite cheap, u can source from either skyline R32, or silvia s13 or 14. bout rm300-350.

2nd upgrade your suspension to adjustables.

steven5899

Feb 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
thx for the feedback. actually i already run that engine quite a while already.

my main priority is not to race. i'm more towards to comfort type. i just want my car to be more fuel efficiency. Currently my car is doing 1 liter= 8km , somemore is slowly drive. I know this could be better because it is a 6 speed cvt gearbox. But my gearbox got some problem. During cold start, the moment i enggaged gear, it will response immediately. But during normal time, it take about 3 seconds to response no matter engaged to D or R. Any idea of it and any advice?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
thx for the feedback. actually i already run that engine quite a while already.

my main priority is not to race. i'm more towards to comfort type. i just want my car to be more fuel efficiency. Currently my car is doing 1 liter= 8km , somemore is slowly drive. I know this could be better because it is a 6 speed cvt gearbox. But my gearbox got some problem. During cold start, the moment i enggaged gear, it will response immediately. But during normal time, it take about 3 seconds to response no matter engaged to D or R. Any idea of it and any advice?
This is signs that the wrong oil was used to fill the CVT gearbox. CVT gear oil is significantly more expensive than SPIII, Dexron, etc. Perhaps about the same as Mercon though. The previous Honda City with CVT owners skimped on the CVT oil cuz it was almost twice as expensive as normal oils. Old skool mechs usual reply "can use one la" didn't help either. Within 2 years their GB would die and now a lot of those Citys are in 2nd hand car dealerships with bad GBs.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
This is signs that the wrong oil was used to fill the CVT gearbox. CVT gear oil is significantly more expensive than SPIII, Dexron, etc. Perhaps about the same as Mercon though. The previous Honda City with CVT owners skimped on the CVT oil cuz it was almost twice as expensive as normal oils. Old skool mechs usual reply "can use one la" didn't help either. Within 2 years their GB would die and now a lot of those Citys are in 2nd hand car dealerships with bad GBs.
Yup, CVT gear box have to use CVT fluid and not ATF...

steven5899

Feb 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
LOL.. i thought ATF that mentioned is the gearbox cooler.. blur blur..

actually i using cvt oil NS 1 which stated at the gearbox oil dip since the transplant.. for ur information, i do have the gearbox cooler in my car also..

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

And sometimes when i using D gear by pressing brake during traffic lights, or in junction road, the moment u step on the gas, it like no response at all..and i have to step one or two more time, my car only go..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Could be your TCU that needs troubleshooting. Better go to a mech that has the diagnostic tools that connects to the TCU/ECU and figure out what the problem is from there.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello to all....

I just need a favour from ya'll....
firstly how much I've to spend to change my KE-70 engine..
which 1 is better...
1: 4age
2: 4agze

are that engine c/w N/A @ Superchagred..which 1 is better performance..coz I'm a crazy driver who luv drive fast..
at least I got 200km/J++...hehehe :dancing2:

I also need to change my steering to power steering & any parts that makes me comfort to drive fast...

plz...anyone help me.

tq...
KONTENA
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience