Doubts on doing engine transplant??

kktham

Known Member
Jan 30, 2005
for all friends who intend to do an engine swap and worried about JPJ documentations, the following are some clues for what to expect:-

1) go to your preferred half-cut shop and buy your engine. this engine MUST come with a Malaysian Custom approval (form K1) & original receipt for the engine issued by the half-cut shop.

2) get the engine installed by your favourite mechanic. no hurry to send the car for Puspakom check, use it for a month, make sure that the engine is working fine before going thru all the JPJ hassles.

3) bring your car to any Puspakom office (Cheras, Setapak & etc). Ask for a B2 Report (costs RM60.00). Allocate around 2 hours to get everything done, result to be released on same day.

4) Inform your Car Finance about the intention to change engine. Say that your existing engine broke down. They will prepare you a letter of acknowledgement for the engine transplant. No payment is needed here.

5) Bring all the above documents to your car insurance company to increase the for endorsement of the new engine or any engine capacity increase. You need to pay some money here for the cc increased as premium might go up. If same cc, very very minimal admin charges usually.

5) Bring a photocopy & original of the Custom K1 form, engine receipt, Puspakom B2 report, FInance company acknowledgement letter (if still under finance), Car Registration card to the Putrajaya JPJ Office (Bahagian Teknik, Parcel D, Block D4, Level 2). The officer there will give you a form to fill up or you may download it from www.jpj.gov.my. YOU ONLY GIVE HIM PHOTOCOPY OF ALL THE ABOVE ONLY, ALL DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED ARE NON-RETURNABLE. no payment is needed over here. Usually takes 1 - 2 weeks for approval letter to be released. You have two option here, they either mail the approval letter to you or you go and collect yourself (call to check for status after . NO need to bring your car there.

6) Last step, bring all the above (Custom K1, engine receipt, Puspakom B2, FInance Acknowledgement letter, Car Reg Card, JPJ Putrajaya Bah Teknik Approval Letter, Existing Road Tax disc, to either JPJ Wilayah (Setapak), JPJ Selangor (Padang Jawa). Be prepared to spend 2-3hours here. No need to bring the car. Goto 1st floor, ask for the Bah Tukar Engine, you will be given some forms to fill and queue for your turn. They will endorse the changes on your car reg card and JPJ's records. All these are done on the spot. Now, your new engine is 100% registered with JPJ Malaysia.

7) Proceed to the Road Tax counter to get a new road tax disc. (cc changed). need to add some money for the cc increased.

DONE!!

Whether you wanna get some runners to do it or do it yourself is up to you. I dun trust runners coz need to pass them your car & registration card. Dunno what they can do with all these informations.

If your transplant is of same cc or less than 10% increase, no need to seek JPJ Putrajaya's approval. After transplant, inform insurance and finance, then bring your car to JPJ Wilayah or Selangor and get everything done on the same day. They have puspakom office at these 2 JPJ offices.

GOOD LUCK!!

cheers

PetrolHeaD

500 RPM
Dec 15, 2003
my gawd....so damn mafan....and i thought just renewing teh road tax and insurance yearly is bad enough..

just wondering, what if u buy the engine from a friend? meaning no receipt?

kktham

Known Member
Jan 30, 2005
buy engine from friend also same. instead of engine receipt, u need copy of the original engine's car reg card. if u dun want the hassle, there are always runners around, pay them around RM400.00. u can pass them your car, car reg card and u can sit in your house and wait for the things to be done.. hehe

if still kiasi (afraid), then stick back to your original engine..

PetrolHeaD

500 RPM
Dec 15, 2003
aahh ok...thanks man...

good write up by the way:)

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
so 1.3 to 1.5 need to go to Putrajay or not?

MAKANBUDAK

Jul 2, 2005
SUBANG
dont get me wrong.my converted car never go to JPJ. got only custom form.top of that just buyin the car.so how i to solve car reg,engine reg,puspakom,modded front bumper with fiberglass.lucky for me.........everything solve and car never go to process mention :) :) :D

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
chiu...my car convert 2 4g91 4 almost 6 months liaw also didnt go inspection lah..

kktham

Known Member
Jan 30, 2005
well, those procedures i mentioned are standard stuffs that you need to go thru to get the transplant "legal". it's stated there that any increase of 10% will need to go to putrajaya for form submission, nothing scary larr.. but i would say troublesome lorr.

heard some members say that over 25% increase still can be done, but i personally think that you need to engaged a good runner for that. some ppl also says that 1.3 to 2.0 also can be done if enuff money is pumped in, i'm not too sure on this..

if converted but never go for inspection, usually nobody knows if you stay humble on the exterior. However, for those who are more adventurous in installing "star-trek" body kits, u need to be careful during JPJ road blocks. moreover, your insurance might deny any claims during this period if anything happens. so be a more responsible driver and get all transplant registered with JPJ.

skyline_maniac

1,000 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
www.trevormoorehouse.i8.com
good write up

wow....nice write up kktham :)
2 thumbs up....mayb the admin can pin this thread up as it may be very usefull for those who are planning to go for transplant in future....
thanx for sharing with us the info bro....:cool:

PetrolHeaD

500 RPM
Dec 15, 2003
for engine transplants with an increase of more than 25% i heard from someone in the jpj that u need to write a letter to one of the HoD(head of dept) in jpj

MAKANBUDAK

Jul 2, 2005
SUBANG
youmolo....good mechanics thats have an experiance leading
a team for Sepang Endurace is what i recommended.pm me
for the contact. Never go for speed transplanting wit chop
shop workshop....70% after job problematic.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

:_: just wan some opinion from u guys/sifu out there
which one is more faster

-a std stock evo 3 engine wif full lock LSD gear

or

-a MITSU GSR 1.8 wif MIVEC head,evo programer, TDO5 h turbine n full lock LSD gear

-need all ur guys/sifu oppnion...........:shades_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience