What is your first car?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That one must have its limiter removed I think..
Should be. Since B16B is only for JDM market, it is bound to come together with a speed limiter.

I think the gear ratio for the one in video is also different with yours. Yours seems quite close as you are doing 140kmh at 5000rpm. If yours is going at that speed like in the video, it might be well over redline?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Should be. Since B16B is only for JDM market, it is bound to come together with a speed limiter.

I think the gear ratio for the one in video is also different with yours. Yours seems quite close as you are doing 140kmh at 5000rpm. If yours is going at that speed like in the video, it might be well over redline?
That is why close ratio gb not good for top speed.......lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That is why close ratio gb not good for top speed.......lol
Good for short tracks with tight corners. :biggrin:

Yup, all JDM have limiter. Even my VR have.......lol:biggrin:
Did you remove the limiter?

To be honest in my opinion, I think it doesn't matter much to remove the limiter if the car is not used for track. How often will one drive over 180kmh other than once or twice to test how fast you can go. Even at highway, it is difficult to cruise at over 180kmh with so many cars around.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ

To be honest in my opinion, I think it doesn't matter much to remove the limiter if the car is not used for track. How often will one drive over 180kmh other than once or twice to test how fast you can go. Even at highway, it is difficult to cruise at over 180kmh with so many cars around.
even mine has the limiter intact.... removing it is pretty easy actually but, why.... much speed+revs = super wear and tear. risks the wallet suddenly disappearing.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Limiter still intact for the reason you mentioned......lol:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Driving over 180km/h is not good for my blood pressure... :biggrin:
Too much adrenaline. :biggrin:

I once heard from a tyre shop boss saying that last time, he drove his Wira with 4G63 evo 2 at 230kmh. I asked him what wheel and tyre size did he use, he said stock Evo 2 wheels with 205/60/15 size. Sounds quite insane running that fast with a FWD Wira with 15 inch wheels.

even mine has the limiter intact.... removing it is pretty easy actually but, why.... much speed+revs = super wear and tear. risks the wallet suddenly disappearing.
Easy? I thought you need to install some kind of chip/ECU thing to remove the limiter?

Limiter still intact for the reason you mentioned......lol:biggrin:
So, I guess I was correct earlier. :party:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Too much adrenaline. :biggrin:

Easy? I thought you need to install some kind of chip/ECU thing to remove the limiter?

So, I guess I was correct earlier. :party:
depends on the car, some potong cable dah, some need to reroute one wire.... others u can rechip or install a rsm.... when i first intended to get a car, i was already prepared to delimit and all... but after actually getting it and driving it around i realized, 6 months down the road, i never actually took the car pass 110.... never ever.....

dont understand why i tried pushing my saga pass 150 but in this car which can easily speed, i dont feel like doing it:confused:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
depends on the car, some potong cable dah, some need to reroute one wire.... others u can rechip or install a rsm.... when i first intended to get a car, i was already prepared to delimit and all... but after actually getting it and driving it around i realized, 6 months down the road, i never actually took the car pass 110.... never ever.....

dont understand why i tried pushing my saga pass 150 but in this car which can easily speed, i dont feel like doing it:confused:
Driving safe after getting sports car, hahaha. :biggrin:

My friend did give me a unit called speed limit defender. Just hook up to ECU but I did not do it....lol
For free? That sounds good. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

All Sifu,

I'm planing to install the kit i mention into my Stream wit K20A engine, any comment bout it??? Anyone know wat is the price?? my turtle car is too heavy, wanna improve the torque....

thanks Sifu
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience