What is your first car?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Pedal to the floor, I get about 180-210km per RM60 worth of RON97 (current fuel price).
Doesn't sound so bad considering how powerful it is.

Bore and stroke is displacement. Does not mean short stroke use less FC. In fact long stroke have better low end torque, short stroke have better acceleration due to faster revs. Both have it's pros and cons.....:driver:
It is like what I heard from F1 engines. They have very short stroke so that they can achieve higher revs. Shorter stroke also means a shorter distance of travel for the pistons from bottom to top right?

Close ratio means you don't have long overdrive gear, therefore cruising at higher speed means running high revs consuming more fuel.

VTEC to open is like after 5k rpm, means you are flooring most of the time, FC will be good???:rofl:
If so, I don't think these engine can sustain long distance travelling at high speed since RPM is always high. Might overheat the engine.

Not expecting the FC to be good. Just want to know how bad can the FC become if always floor it and open VTEC. From what he said, it doesn't sound so bad. Some higher displacement engines consumes even more fuel even during normal usage.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Doesn't sound so bad considering how powerful it is.
Not expecting the FC to be good. Just want to know how bad can the FC become if always floor it and open VTEC. From what he said, it doesn't sound so bad. Some higher displacement engines consumes even more fuel even during normal usage.
well.... vtec, mivecs or whatever in essence the idea is the same. more mixture thrown into the combustion chamber, more power u can produce.... u will be surprised how much fuel these things can use when vtec is engaged...

also, higher displacement engines dont necessarily use more fuel, they tend to have more torque, you dont tend to need to tekan so much to get going...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
well.... vtec, mivecs or whatever in essence the idea is the same. more mixture thrown into the combustion chamber, more power u can produce.... u will be surprised how much fuel these things can use when vtec is engaged...

also, higher displacement engines dont necessarily use more fuel, they tend to have more torque, you dont tend to need to tekan so much to get going...
I understand the concept of these variable valve timing tech. If want more power, let the intake valves open for a longer duration of time for more air fuel.

Well, I think these engines still use less fuel on frequent full throttle than lets say something like VQ35DE from 350Z.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
At 5k RPM I would not call that cruising......hhahhahahhaha

Even with close ratio gb, the difference should be a couple of hundred RPM only

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
At 5k RPM I would not call that cruising......hhahhahahhaha

Even with close ratio gb, the difference should be a couple of hundred RPM only
Well, once I have heard from sanekit saying that engines like 4G93 can reach high speeds that is on par with 3 series or C class but he said on highway, these conti cars will win because they can endure high speed cruising for long period of time while 4G93 probably can't because at those speed the RPM would be too high for continuous cruising.

100km/h=3500rpm
140km/h=5000rpm
Once I did 160 something from Kedah - KL to attend a funeral. 5500rpm all the way, no problem.
I'm impressed with B16A's reliability. 5500rpm all the way and your car still made it. Since your car is doing 140kmh at 5000rpm, then if you want to reach 200, it will probably be near to redline already?

I know a friend who did around 210kmh in his 2.0 auto Civic FD2 at highway. RPM is around 6k only. Sort of crazy...

Last edited:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Cannot go past 190 bro, I already tried, bcoz it's got soft limiter at 180. Max km/h on speedometer is 180 only...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That one must have its limiter removed I think..
Should be. Since B16B is only for JDM market, it is bound to come together with a speed limiter.

I think the gear ratio for the one in video is also different with yours. Yours seems quite close as you are doing 140kmh at 5000rpm. If yours is going at that speed like in the video, it might be well over redline?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Should be. Since B16B is only for JDM market, it is bound to come together with a speed limiter.

I think the gear ratio for the one in video is also different with yours. Yours seems quite close as you are doing 140kmh at 5000rpm. If yours is going at that speed like in the video, it might be well over redline?
That is why close ratio gb not good for top speed.......lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That is why close ratio gb not good for top speed.......lol
Good for short tracks with tight corners. :biggrin:

Yup, all JDM have limiter. Even my VR have.......lol:biggrin:
Did you remove the limiter?

To be honest in my opinion, I think it doesn't matter much to remove the limiter if the car is not used for track. How often will one drive over 180kmh other than once or twice to test how fast you can go. Even at highway, it is difficult to cruise at over 180kmh with so many cars around.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ

To be honest in my opinion, I think it doesn't matter much to remove the limiter if the car is not used for track. How often will one drive over 180kmh other than once or twice to test how fast you can go. Even at highway, it is difficult to cruise at over 180kmh with so many cars around.
even mine has the limiter intact.... removing it is pretty easy actually but, why.... much speed+revs = super wear and tear. risks the wallet suddenly disappearing.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Limiter still intact for the reason you mentioned......lol:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Driving over 180km/h is not good for my blood pressure... :biggrin:
Too much adrenaline. :biggrin:

I once heard from a tyre shop boss saying that last time, he drove his Wira with 4G63 evo 2 at 230kmh. I asked him what wheel and tyre size did he use, he said stock Evo 2 wheels with 205/60/15 size. Sounds quite insane running that fast with a FWD Wira with 15 inch wheels.

even mine has the limiter intact.... removing it is pretty easy actually but, why.... much speed+revs = super wear and tear. risks the wallet suddenly disappearing.
Easy? I thought you need to install some kind of chip/ECU thing to remove the limiter?

Limiter still intact for the reason you mentioned......lol:biggrin:
So, I guess I was correct earlier. :party:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys

What is the function of vacuum hoses for throttle body? What are the alphabets P, E and A indicates and are the hoses installed here correct (2 hoses connected to P and A only, not E)? Please, need some advice. Thanks all!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience