VW to takeover Proton??

Joeker said:
VW taking over Proton?

Very very very unlikely

I think the highest probability would be Proton forming a "strategic alliance" with VW to enhance Proton's competitiveness in this growing Global borderless market.

We Malaysians are rather egoistic and self centered lot if you have not noticed.

Yes yes... like Probishi , Pronault, now ProVolk, errr... not to forget Protus. Giving out Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional to someone else will affect our economy. It's actually one of our periuk nasik to sustain economy.

Hopefully the platform sharing improves Proton.

yeah..xspecially the aftersales service...n please..work on the interior...

I think VW is not taking over proton but merely just another joint
venture since Mitsu pulled out from proton.

Working overseas now, I am grateful and appreciated Dr.M's efforts over
the years to promote M'sia and I find it quite sucessful.

But as much as Dr.M helped us in promoting he is also stopping us
from growing...Can anyone tell me what is the reason for him
being an 'Advisor' in proton and petronas?

20 years has passed and proton is still being regarded as
UNRELIABLE, UNORIGINAL and I dont even want to start on their so
called 'sucess and growth'

The only reason proton is selling is because thats the only car we as
M'sians can afford and its overseas sales volume speaks for itself.

Mitsu and VW wanted to expand their shareholding before bringing in new tech
to proton but we didnt allow cos we wanted to protect our interest and
possesion in proton. (Rubbish!!!)

The only reason i think is to protect the wallet of the very few in proton.
So FFS grow up make the best choice for proton or just sell it to some company in
China that i'm VERY SURE will make a more RELIABLE car and at a LOWER COST

branc12 said:
I think VW is not taking over proton but merely just another joint
venture since Mitsu pulled out from proton.

Working overseas now, I am grateful and appreciated Dr.M's efforts over
the years to promote M'sia and I find it quite sucessful.

But as much as Dr.M helped us in promoting he is also stopping us
from growing...Can anyone tell me what is the reason for him
being an 'Advisor' in proton and petronas?

20 years has passed and proton is still being regarded as
UNRELIABLE, UNORIGINAL and I dont even want to start on their so
called 'sucess and growth'

The only reason proton is selling is because thats the only car we as
M'sians can afford and its overseas sales volume speaks for itself.

Mitsu and VW wanted to expand their shareholding before bringing in new tech
to proton but we didnt allow cos we wanted to protect our interest and
possesion in proton. (Rubbish!!!)

The only reason i think is to protect the wallet of the very few in proton.
So FFS grow up make the best choice for proton or just sell it to some company in
China that i'm VERY SURE will make a more RELIABLE car and at a LOWER COST

well said...

it seems that VW has acquired PNB's 10% stake in Proton. whether or not it will increase, i guess it depends on whether ppl like Petronas, EPF, etc. would want to sell their stake or not. of course, it will also need the blessing of the govt for the deals to go thru.

i personally think it would be a good move if VW forges a strategic alliance with Proton and with that i mean completely replacing all senior management there. hehehehe...

yes TM maybe a good person in heart but business-wise, i think he has proven himself to be an utter failure. when a company fails as miserably as proton has over the years, the finger has to be pointed first at the person at the top. you are the general and they are your troops. you lead by example. if you are bumbling twat, then the entire army will follow suit.

differ said:
(1) i personally think it would be a good move if VW forges a strategic alliance with Proton and with that i mean completely replacing all senior management there. hehehehe...

(2) you are the general and they are your troops. you lead by example. if you are bumbling twat, then the entire army will follow suit.

(1) tee hee hee hee hee.. . . agree with u. that will be the day, wouldnt it? when cats grow horn :D. oh well, we can dream.

(2) exacto mundo. i really like ur sentence bro :D way cool!

*pray* *pray* : God... may the next Proton model after getting along with Volkswagon improve so much that it would actually benchmark itself as an IMPORT in the bla bla bla market. Amen!

They is also another reason that may prevent VW to take over proton.

Just like MAS last time, it cant sell to overseas company becoz they believed that there were "unusual" accounting issue that couldnt expose to other. If the overseas party take over then many big big balls will be having problem....remember the rm$60++/per packet nasi lemak food sub-contract incident?

Proton may have the same issue, unless VW agreed not to go after the previous accounting issue if not they wont get proton, again..many of our big company may have fishy smell in SUB-CON activities....

no worries...malaysian not only have petro....we also have EPF if any company need to pump in money to avoid bankrupt.....we are cooperative rakyat :P have you paid your epf this month??? :P

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom