Proton plans MPV, SUV to boost sales

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Proton,

Does Proton really sure what the market really want?
http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/5/25/business/14344450&sec=business

ppl who buy SUV and MPV do not mind paying RM150K to RM300K (or above) for that car.
how low is the price tag proton can keep it?
Or they want to produce a MPV without any airbag onboard? gosh, manufacturer out there start offering 7 airbag for MPV, hope that Proton will not create another industry joke.

Oh Shit, now I understand why tax for MPV and SUV increase. This is shit.

18 - 24 months to launch a car for a new segment where Proton have no experience with. This is really fast food or 3 mins instant noodles IMHO.

SRM still in the picture? Not sure.

we shall just wait and see. Oh shit, i think i posted at wrong section. This shall be under general talk.

Please do not turn this to Proton bashing thread. I'm just seriously curious about Proton Management direction.

Last edited:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
just read another news,
http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/5/25/business/14344098&sec=business
"Toyota will manufacture automobiles in Malaysia soon and plans to roll out its first model in about 18 months"

Toyota need 18 months to setup the production line for an existing model. And Proton only need 18 - 24 months to roll out new model.

Proton either started it very earlier for the R & D work, or they are doing re-badge work again.

18 months from now, i'm expecting 2008 Jan we have Proton MPV / SUV selling in Malaysia Market.

Kyoichi(Emperor)

Known Member
Nov 7, 2005
good but still blur blur......until they come out with sumthg like prototype oni we can b sure la.....if nt, dun believe much 1st....

Cheers!!!

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
Kyoichi(Emperor) said:
good but still blur blur......until they come out with sumthg like prototype oni we can b sure la.....if nt, dun believe much 1st....

Cheers!!!
True like Naza 206 Bestari.....imitate Peugot 206? hahaha

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
not imitate....its called re-badge

anyways...can i start laffing my head off?? can't hold in mucchh lonnggerrrr~~!!!!

WAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA *pop goes my head*

bangkai_jk

1,500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
m
haha.. i dun think they can sucess.. we can see the result on the juara.. haha
how suck it is? i think everyone know it.. hehe..

jack_736

Known Member
Oct 13, 2005
am curios
who is SRM ??
always see these initials in every proton related thread

juniorkirk

500 RPM
Jan 17, 2006
nonit 18 months la... we already have ready stock of juara in the showroom... maybe the next mpv will be like juara... they juz change the bodykits and engine then sell to the market again... hahahah

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
PocketRocket said:
not imitate....its called re-badge
VERY TRUE. it's the best way to rip your hard earn money. (now)

in reality we all know cars are much cheaper then what they put forth.
Then some had a bright idea to manufacture own make/design (but now people arent buying because of unbearable shitte Quality control).

Now they still wanna milk money by so called re-badging exercise.
at least in their minds people have much choice (lower cost then the actual make~which have been tax heavily) to assure some people purchases it

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
While it may be surprising, it shouldn't be thought of as impossible. The Gen-2 and Savvy is just a launch pad for the upcoming line-up. SRM has that kind of design cues as both the Gen-2 and Savvy. I guess they think it's time to move on to the other segments.

While the whole SUV fad might have died down a bit, MPV is still quite a seller here. Look at cars like Unser and Innova and a host other MPVs.

What I'm thinking proton will do is that they'll use an outdated chassis and build on top of it. Just what happened with the Gen-2. We still can't afford to build a car from scratch yet.

If this succeed in wowing the MPV crowd, we could be seeing better cars bearing the Tiger logo within the decade.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
18 months to launch new model? By then, it would have been obsolete liao. In the car industry, time is money. A delay can cost millions! Stupid P1, don't know how to do business... always rely on G for help. HOPELESS!

If they can be a little chinaman, guarantee business will expand because a typical chinaman is very stingy with money and only knows how to make maximum profit.

LanEvo8

Known Member
Jul 19, 2005
sELANGOR
If proton rebadge Mitsuibishi car nevermind la

Mitsuibishi Outlander or Airtrek or Pajero for SUV
Mitsuibishi Grandis for MPV

Wish PROTON to produce the car i mention above hehe:regular_smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sinister is probably an understatement in describing the BMW M3 Frozen Black Edition that BMW North America will be selling in extremely limited units. Only 20 of these flat black M3 coupes will be made with the first 19 sold on a first come first serve basis and word has it that Darth Vader has plonked down the deposit for one, because you know, it goes with his evil persona and costume...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience