VTEC RON95 Myth

Any more differences between the two?

Between which two? VPwrRacing fuel is actually worth the money. But regular usage will make you a poor man very fast.

The other Shell fuels seem to have gone down the drain in quality. I don't know the specifics and I'm saying this based on my own observation and trials btw. But the best working petrol to date (for me) is Petronas. Makes the car a completely different monster compared to the competitors. I only stick with Esso/Mobil/Petron because I got massive employee discounts. About 26% to be precise. :biggrin:

My experience with Ron95 on my stock Civic ES, after a few months the O2 sensor is gone and it cost me RM8++ to change from Honda 3S. Since that changed back to Ron97.

My experience with Ron95 on my stock Civic ES, after a few months the O2 sensor is gone and it cost me RM8++ to change from Honda 3S. Since that changed back to Ron97.
Hmm.. I don't see how the O2 sensor is affected by your choice of petrol? :confused:

Hmm.. I don't see how the O2 sensor is affected by your choice of petrol? :confused:

Could be the timing of O2 sensor break down, at the same time, change to Ron95, so think is because of that?:confused:

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

Between which two? VPwrRacing fuel is actually worth the money. But regular usage will make you a poor man very fast.

The other Shell fuels seem to have gone down the drain in quality. I don't know the specifics and I'm saying this based on my own observation and trials btw. But the best working petrol to date (for me) is Petronas. Makes the car a completely different monster compared to the competitors. I only stick with Esso/Mobil/Petron because I got massive employee discounts. About 26% to be precise. :biggrin:

Actually for me I tried V Power Racing when first introduced. My VR actually ran rougher (don't know why?) and mileage drop too (more FC), and because of the cost, stop immediately.
Then when the Ron 95 and 97 subsidy issue, my friend who tried Shell FS Ron95 formula (Fuel Save), say gives him better power, but I told him my VR cannot run on Ron95, so he say try the Ron97 then. So I did, should not be any worse, so went and pump in full tank, and after driving slight distance can feel my VR giving less power. Then went to highway test run and immediately can feel loss of power, so went home and drain out the fuel and put it into me NA Hyundai and then pump back Esso Ron97...From then on did not use Shell anymore. The thing is Shell Fuel Save formula Ron95 and 97 was launch together. not long after my issue with Shell FS Ron97 they change and launch V power Ron 97? Could the Fuel Save Ron 97 had issues??????:confused::confused:

Could be the timing of O2 sensor break down, at the same time, change to Ron95, so think is because of that?:confused:

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Maybe it's just time to change the O2 sensor. And RM800 is ridiculously a lot for a O2 sensor!

Actually for me I tried V Power Racing when first introduced. My VR actually ran rougher (don't know why?) and mileage drop too (more FC), and because of the cost, stop immediately.
Then when the Ron 95 and 97 subsidy issue, my friend who tried Shell FS Ron95 formula (Fuel Save), say gives him better power, but I told him my VR cannot run on Ron95, so he say try the Ron97 then. So I did, should not be any worse, so went and pump in full tank, and after driving slight distance can feel my VR giving less power. Then went to highway test run and immediately can feel loss of power, so went home and drain out the fuel and put it into me NA Hyundai and then pump back Esso Ron97...From then on did not use Shell anymore. The thing is Shell Fuel Save formula Ron95 and 97 was launch together. not long after my issue with Shell FS Ron97 they change and launch V power Ron 97? Could the Fuel Save Ron 97 had issues??????:confused::confused:

Like I said man, the Vpower Racing fuel is loaded with cleaners, detergents and whatnots. It's not designed for power, it's for cleaning. Rough running I'm not surprised. You're probably better off to run about RM20 worth of VPR and then switching back to your regular petrol. It seriously does a lot to clean the intake valves and all.

Like I said - I don't know what they did to their petrols since I don't work for them and my friend who does is contractually obligated to keep his mouth shut. But he did tell me that it's RON97. That's about all I can tell you.

You should just stick with whatever brand that suites your car and stick with the same station where possible. Some station owners mix their fuels with other brands when demand is high like during CNY and all. They buy off trucks and I've personally seen a Shell station loading up on BP petrol.

Like I said man, the Vpower Racing fuel is loaded with cleaners, detergents and whatnots. It's not designed for power, it's for cleaning. Rough running I'm not surprised. You're probably better off to run about RM20 worth of VPR and then switching back to your regular petrol. It seriously does a lot to clean the intake valves and all.

Like I said - I don't know what they did to their petrols since I don't work for them and my friend who does is contractually obligated to keep his mouth shut. But he did tell me that it's RON97. That's about all I can tell you.

You should just stick with whatever brand that suites your car and stick with the same station where possible. Some station owners mix their fuels with other brands when demand is high like during CNY and all. They buy off trucks and I've personally seen a Shell station loading up on BP petrol.
Why I tried the VPR was because some friends who use mentioned better power....:confused:
Yah! stick to my usual Esso station near my place and always see the Esso truck dispensing the fuel there...:biggrin:

It's a shame that Projet isn't here anymore. It's the best fuel (at the time when it is still around) I've used.
I am sticking to Petronas ron95 coz the first time I tried it, I could tell the difference. I was a fan of caltex and it is good but not many stations around. I have tried the BHP advanced 2x whatsoever they name it and it is pretty good too. Power and fuel economically are there. But again, not many stations around so just stick to Petronas. Plus, I got mesra card.

It is kinda sad sometimes people, even many of my friends, are skeptical and have negative perspective towards Petronas. One is because it is a local company, second is that they hate the government. I just use whatever fits into my requirement.

i got less mileage when using petronas compared to other brand,dats y iam,avoiding it.. all my rides seem to hate shell for sum unknown reason,they ping and give even worse mileage compared to petronas.. *scratch head*

i got less mileage when using petronas compared to other brand,dats y iam,avoiding it.. all my rides seem to hate shell for sum unknown reason,they ping and give even worse mileage compared to petronas.. *scratch head*

Yes shell is the worst ever, but petronas for me is fine on all my car.

It all depends on car...diff car get diff result from various fuels. Shell is ok for my car...just that I have mesra card and petronas works just fine to me. But with my sister's wira, the exhaust smells weird with shell. No issue with petronas and caltex. I wonder why...

It's a shame that Projet isn't here anymore. It's the best fuel (at the time when it is still around) I've used.
I am sticking to Petronas ron95 coz the first time I tried it, I could tell the difference. I was a fan of caltex and it is good but not many stations around. I have tried the BHP advanced 2x whatsoever they name it and it is pretty good too. Power and fuel economically are there. But again, not many stations around so just stick to Petronas. Plus, I got mesra card.

It is kinda sad sometimes people, even many of my friends, are skeptical and have negative perspective towards Petronas. One is because it is a local company, second is that they hate the government. I just use whatever fits into my requirement.

I have got Smiles card and have one Esso and one Mobil station near my house.... :biggrin:

I have got Smiles card and have one Esso and one Mobil station near my house.... :biggrin:

Over here in Kuching, we only have Shell, Petronas and Excel. None others e.g Caltex, BP. So far, i've tried all, but only Shell suit the power n FC of my car. Tried Petronas Primax95, but it seems worst. Any others opinion on this?

The only real way to test which fuel is better is to do controlled test & dyno runs of each fuels on different vehicles...If not, it's just a matter of opinion...there are alot of factors to take into account....:hmmmm:

The only real way to test which fuel is better is to do controlled test & dyno runs of each fuels on different vehicles...If not, it's just a matter of opinion...there are alot of factors to take into account....:hmmmm:

Ya.. Its so subjective.. But since we only have 3 petrols, so dat is d only things we can compare on. Dyno is good and accurate, but i dont think every1 can afford it nor do have knowledge on it esp old people. Im askin based on road experience. Btw thanks for the sharing bro. :wavey:

Bro mADmAN

Thanks for d informative video.. Well, every company have their own marketing strat. As i've been told by a few frens from O&G Industry(Correct me if im wrong), our petrol over here are imported 1, rather than our local-drilled high quality 1. So, based on Raw Crude Oil also play important point in defining the petrol quality. In the end, it was still the additives which play vital parts. Just sharin my lil knowledge.:wavey:

Our petroleum is call Sweet crude oil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia... that would fetch higher price in the international market. the stratergy goes that we sell our crudes so we can buy higher amount of petroleum for local consumption...

so they say lah

Ya.. Its so subjective.. But since we only have 3 petrols, so dat is d only things we can compare on. Dyno is good and accurate, but i dont think every1 can afford it nor do have knowledge on it esp old people. Im askin based on road experience. Btw thanks for the sharing bro. :wavey:

Bro mADmAN

Thanks for d informative video.. Well, every company have their own marketing strat. As i've been told by a few frens from O&G Industry(Correct me if im wrong), our petrol over here are imported 1, rather than our local-drilled high quality 1. So, based on Raw Crude Oil also play important point in defining the petrol quality. In the end, it was still the additives which play vital parts. Just sharin my lil knowledge.:wavey:

Bro mADmAN

yes now i recall, been told by my teacher actually, malaysian made petrol r only of the higher grades & r not sold for local use (hence all petronas person is quite rich:mad: wit their min pay), we r only fed wit cheap petrol wit expensive additives, but as long as my FC is good, just use whatever i can, save as much as i can on petrol. The rest of the story, well thats a different perspective.

So, the video says it all. If the car do not need more then Ron95 to run, any high Ron will not give more power....

If retard the ignition to run on RON 95, will the car/driver become retarded?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom