VTEC RON95 Myth

Wah lahad datu? :confused:

The exhaust bup bup bup isn't engine knocking sound. Engine knocking sound is something like pinging..like two flat flexible plate tapping each other...klank klank klank. If you wana have a feel of how it sounds, try going up hill, then put high gear and press the pedal. You hear that sound for sure.

I think ur engine has no problem with RON95. But as per mentioned before, the safest is by looking at the engine spec and manual book for clearer statement.

Ya.. Lahad Datu.. I think i know what u mean with the uphill+jerking. hehehe. EH, bro, what is dat bup bup sound from exhaust anyway? My pomen says minyak lebih. Some say injector-off.

Sorry bro.. Baru balik from LD. Doing weaponry assesment over there. Huhu.. Just coming back last Sunday. Happy to see my family and My car safely. hehehe.

Welcome back, safe.....

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Ya.. Lahad Datu.. I think i know what u mean with the uphill+jerking. hehehe. EH, bro, what is dat bup bup sound from exhaust anyway? My pomen says minyak lebih. Some say injector-off.

Yup, sounds more like too much fuel....

Welcome back, safe.....

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Yup, sounds more like too much fuel....

Thanks bro. But will be there again IF needed. Ohh.. So meaning to say leftover fuel eh? Dats mean my fuel were not 100% combusted rite? So, i've been thinking into this theory, IF it is not efficiently combusted, means my fuel are partly wasted, and IF it is wasted, my FC actually can be lower than they are right now IF i properly tuned the fuel or A/F Ratio right? Am I Correct about that theory? Hehehe.. So, how to settle on that over-fuel? Using AFR? Or engine management? Or manually tuned the ignition?

the safest is by looking at the engine spec and manual book for clearer statement.

ive looked at the JDM EG6 B16A brochure before... the fuel specs stated on the brochure was "RON 98 (Regular)"

welcome back bro.... glad u came back safely...

the popping sound is basically this:
Should be unburn fuel meet hot exhaust = pop.

which means ur car is running rich... and thats a good thing :D

first,what do u have installed in ur car riggt now?

Stock B16A+ITR Headers+K&N Open Pod+NGK R08+NGK Iridium IX+RS-R Magic+2.3" Pipe. Else is stock.

which means ur car is running rich... and thats a good thing :D[/QUOTE]

Running rich eh? Hehehe.. I use to check my A/F Ration before with Apex'i Auto Timer. But it was stolen when i changed my engine. :mad:

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

ive looked at the JDM EG6 B16A brochure before... the fuel specs stated on the brochure was "RON 98 (Regular)"
RON 98?? Waaa... Here in Kuching, the highest is only RON97. Where to find dat RON98? Hehehe. But still, so far my car was ok with RON95.

RON 98?? Waaa... Here in Kuching, the highest is only RON97. Where to find dat RON98? Hehehe. But still, so far my car was ok with RON95.

RON98? in this country??? no where.

some "assume" that the expensive VPower is RON98 (bcoz shell malaysia has never given a direct answer to this question even though has been asked countless times)...but sometime ago, i stumbled on an article on shells website regarding the release of the first ever, first version of VPower in malaysia... it stated that the VPower is RON97 with extra additives as it is the maximum RON allowed by law in malaysia

anyway...if ur ECU is OBD1 i strongly suggest getting if CROME done for ur car.. its basically a custom chip with maps specific for ur car...dont go for those branded chips... u wont know whats the mapping like and the maps are for wat kinda specs...and its cheap :D some places can get it done for as low as RM350.. but in kuching not sure... iirc someone in this forum did mention got crome tuner in Kuching

if not on OBD1... then e-manage would be the best bang for buck i think

some "assume" that the expensive VPower is RON98 (bcoz shell malaysia has never given a direct answer to this question even though has been asked countless times)...but sometime ago, i stumbled on an article on shells website regarding the release of the first ever, first version of VPower in malaysia... it stated that the VPower is RON97 with extra additives as it is the maximum RON allowed by law in malaysia

anyway...if ur ECU is OBD1 i strongly suggest getting if CROME done for ur car.. its basically a custom chip with maps specific for ur car...dont go for those branded chips... u wont know whats the mapping like and the maps are for wat kinda specs...and its cheap :D some places can get it done for as low as RM350.. but in kuching not sure... iirc someone in this forum did mention got crome tuner in Kuching

if not on OBD1... then e-manage would be the best bang for buck i think

I'll go for E-Manage bro. Already landed 1. Used, complete with IG Harness for RM7**, Plus tuning RM150. Will be installing it this Saturday. And probably will post the result of my dyno here.

They assume the V Power "Racing" is Ron 98, but not mentioned in shell website, therefore should be Ron 97 also, whereas V Power 97 in Ron 97.... Two different fuel.....

They assume the V Power "Racing" is Ron 98, but not mentioned in shell website, therefore should be Ron 97 also, whereas V Power 97 in Ron 97.... Two different fuel.....

eh??? sorry but wat talking u bro??? me is no understanding... :dontknow:

just to make it clear....the article im talking about is the release of FIRST EVER VERSION of V Power....long long long ago... even before RON95 existed....back when it was RON92 + RON97 & VPower at petrol stations....year 2000 iinm...or mebbe longer... cant remember.

n when i say "expensive vpower" i meant vpower racing aka the ones available in stations today :D

Bro vr merely agrees with you bro...

In Malaysia only got RON97 on pump station... difference between VPower Racing and Vpower 97 is the additive its carries... the former's additive is suitable for performance than the latter...

just to make it clear....the article im talking about is the release of FIRST EVER VERSION of V Power....long long long ago... even before RON95 existed....back when it was RON92 + RON97 & VPower at petrol stations....year 2000 iinm...or mebbe longer... cant remember.

n when i say "expensive vpower" i meant vpower racing aka the ones available in stations today :D

i use RON95 in my H22A most of the time. So far no problem.

I change engine oil every 5000 km.

as for the knocking....we got knock sensor.....

Bro vr merely agrees with you bro...

In Malaysia only got RON97 on pump station... difference between VPower Racing and Vpower 97 is the additive its carries... the former's additive is suitable for performance than the latter...

:top:

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Sorry for not being clear. Shell have V Power 97 and V Power Racing. Nowadays only selected stations gave V Power Racing. V Power Racing is also Ron 97 only....

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh..... okokok... understood hahahahah

Er.. it IS stated in the website. It's only RON97. I've harped on about this for a long time. VPower Racing is RON97 with super expensive additives (detergents and catalyzers) that's it. Want a clean fuel line use RM30 worth of VPower Racing and you'll get a clean fuel system.

When it was very first introduced however, it came in as RON98/99 though. For about a month or two then it quietly became 97.

Er.. it IS stated in the website. It's only RON97. I've harped on about this for a long time. VPower Racing is RON97 with super expensive additives (detergents and catalyzers) that's it. Want a clean fuel line use RM30 worth of VPower Racing and you'll get a clean fuel system.

When it was very first introduced however, it came in as RON98/99 though. For about a month or two then it quietly became 97.

But here in Kuching, we dont have that V-Power Racing. We only have V-Power 97. Huhuhu.. But a few garage owner also selling Racing Fuel, which is VP Racing Fuel. They only used during Borneo Drag Challenge.

But here in Kuching, we dont have that V-Power Racing. We only have V-Power 97. Huhuhu.. But a few garage owner also selling Racing Fuel, which is VP Racing Fuel. They only used during Borneo Drag Challenge.

That's different. That's RON100 and above. Waaaaayyy more expensive than VPower Racing

Any more differences between the two?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom