SMT6 - piggyback

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Boink Boink

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
Hey guys,
Speaking from experience, if your in the KL area, you should consider the SMT as the best option.

I had a Unichip done in JB. results were there, pleased. But I had to add a NOS driver relay for RM 500 to drive Nitrous Oxide. The SMT6 can do it on its own. In fact I think the SMT can drive 2 outputs standard.

Price wise its about the same if your going to add additional drivers. But key thing is that you get good w/shop, tuning, and SO CLOSE to home. BIG BIG consideration, if you ask me.

monsterv6

2,000 RPM
May 3, 2005
S.J
SMT6 what is the functions...?what they can tuned with it..other then the air flow...?ignition.?tell me more..
compare with emanage.?

Last edited:

Speed Demon

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Selangor
www.freewebs.com
BLaCkHoWLiNG said:
SD: of coz la.. yer monster grew too big for smt
Dude, my car is a tiny ant compared to your monster! :D

monsterv6 said:
SMT6 what is the functions...?what they can tuned with it..other then the air flow...?ignition.?tell me more..
compare with emanage.?
Check out their website lah....all the functions are listed there.

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
SMT6 reads manifold pressure.

Whereas E-manage is TPS/RPM dependent.

E-Manage not ideal for forced induction.

monsterv6

2,000 RPM
May 3, 2005
S.J
so if i get the smt 6 or smt 7..comes with everthing harness right..?wiring and sensor all...how much arr.?

kiwak

Jun 27, 2004
ecu

AlucarD said:
SMT6 has ignition and injection map as well.. sorta like your Apexi SAFC and ITC rolled into 1. Has other features as well. Finer resolution than the Apexi. The tuner has option to do 2 modes, meaning you can switch between maps i.e. normal map or lay-sing one. Runs on MAF or MAP... so your siemens karipap ECU can also be done.. more info contact GT.

Oh, think that the Obit Piggy is similar as well ....
if u guys check out the piggyback properly..u'll noe that obit,smt6,perfect power are all the same...just that they kinda change the name of the ecu...go to perfect-power.com or du a search on yahoo,u'll see that its from some western country n not from japan lah or wherever they cliam it to be....MY PERSONAL OPINION though...u guys judge for yrself..

Speed Demon

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Selangor
www.freewebs.com
kiwak said:
if u guys check out the piggyback properly..u'll noe that obit,smt6,perfect power are all the same...just that they kinda change the name of the ecu...go to perfect-power.com or du a search on yahoo,u'll see that its from some western country n not from japan lah or wherever they cliam it to be....MY PERSONAL OPINION though...u guys judge for yrself..
Ermmm...if I'm right, Perfect Power is located in South Africa. Anyway, who cares where it comes from! As long as it does the job well, why not? :p

monsterv6

2,000 RPM
May 3, 2005
S.J
guys..need some advice ler...how much is the smt6 and what smt can do...?gain bhp..?

monsterv6

2,000 RPM
May 3, 2005
S.J
ok la....i scared later he ask me to just install haltech..heheheh thanx anyway,,i will call him or go to his shop next week..

Speed Demon

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Selangor
www.freewebs.com
monsterv6 said:
ok la....i scared later he ask me to just install haltech..heheheh thanx anyway,,i will call him or go to his shop next week..
We are the customers and it is our choice & $$$. Toby can only provide info and give opinions. The final decision is ours. Toby knows that and he respects that. ;)

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
interceptor is 2x the price of smt6... no matter how much convincing he does, if your choice is to go smt6, nobody can force u to decide otherwise ;)

monsterv6

2,000 RPM
May 3, 2005
S.J
yea..but im a newbie in this management thingy..so need advice lorr..what u guys thing...?
blackhowling u when to shah alam just now..?

The Marketplace Latest

Recent Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifu, need advice ...

is there any problem will arise when i mate perdana manual gearbox with 4G93T ??? :mad::mad::confused::confused:

pls share ur idea here....

can the standard GSR engine add up with NOS kit ....

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience