Road Blocks & Closure: 2012-04-28

Status
Not open for further replies.

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
hmm..why they wana make road blocks? Its bersih n anti lynas demonstrations only...not some terrorists trying to gather at dataran and bomb the hell out of it

It is not as simple as you think. Demonstration or rally can be done by 1 person or 1 million people. You can predict 10 but it maybe end up with 50. No one can guaranty. It is not done on the internet but physically appear at the stated location. When so many people gather at a same place for a demonstration, emotion is easy to be stirred up (if you are not pissed off, no need to stand under the sun la) and it is very difficult to control. When the demonstrators flood the road and effect the traffic, if someone got heart attack or whatever in the middle of it, it is almost impossible to send him or her to the hospital in time, even emergency respond team also may not able to reach the patient in time after pass through thousands of people. Other than that, the abnormal traffic congestion will effect others non related person. Including those who wanna go shopping and need to pass through the road or an ambulance on its way to send someone to the hospital. At this point, I need to remind some people that, you have the freedom to do your rally but you cannot force others to accept it. People do have rights to object your action.

OK, for saving your time, I skid the rest and just say the last thing. You have done 1000 times demonstration and all success. But whom can guaranty the next time will be the same? If no preparation and somehow the demonstration/rally turned become a riot, I can answer you, yes, and perhaps it is way more destructive than a bomb. That's why the enforcers will have to make road block/close the road or make some plans for initial preventive action.

We have laws and we should respect it. The authorities don't approve then seek for another way (in this case, several stadiums had been offered). A demonstration can be peaceful but why not pick a strategic place that will bring minimum negative impact to the supporters and innocent public? If the organization ever make a emergency respond plant or organize groups to control the situation if things turned bad?

I don't agree with Bersih's way of demonstration But I respect the fact that saying 'people do have rights to do a demonstration'. Setting up road block or closing certain road or even deploy the water tank to standby are part of the ER plan from the authorities. They have to do it according to the standard protocol regardless whom or which party control the gov. Even if organizing a RIOT is legal, the police force still have the responsibility to protect those innocent people who is not involved, be it 1million or 1 person. So, regardless how, the police have to do something and every country do have their own protocol according to the own culture, political situation, economy scale, infrastructure, and etc.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm...but i have a few questions in mind..

1. If I were a terrorist and I would like to harm people, I dont think dat I am stupid enuf to do last minute preparation - the day b4 bersih.
2. Laws are formed by the government, so if we are to sit quietly for every bill passed, we'll be doomed and democratic will be nothing. For this question, I strongly recommend you to search for books or articles that describe how our ex prime minister did something to the law and made some reputable judge (judiciary) being kicked in the ass.
3. Yes, i agree with you that Bersih should've taken Merdeka Stadium. But why Dataran Cannot? If the demonstrators are to destroy dataran, they can do the same with Merdeka Stadium. Yes, at Dataran, it will be more difficult to control but i do not think it is a big concern if the police force and bersih organizers can work together. Just like in Hong Kong, Bersih demonstrators are monitored by the police, walking side by side with them.
4. Any of you encountered the road blocks during the day before bersih? Well, I had when it was Bersih 2.0. I was stuck at the toll exit for more than 3 hours. And when I passed by the road block, they just flashed the light to indicate that i can just drive and go!!! Wat if im "THE" terrorist @@"

AvanT

Custom fabricator & CNC machining
Mar 20, 2009
For me....it was truly a 1 Malaysia gathering. It was emotional & an eye opening experience. Something I will share with my family & friends, & remember for long long time. Let me ask U some questions...

What's the purpose of BERSIH 3.0?
When was the last time U see people of different races & age group walk hand in hand, singing "Negaraku", having the burning spirit in their hearts, demanding a rightous cause ?
Are U a taxpaying Malaysian taxpayer? How would U feel if your hard earned tax money goes into pockets of corrupted leaders? I'm talking about billions or ringgit!! Money from your KWSP, income tax, import duty, etc...spent buying submarines, cargo planes, tanks that was marked up 5 to 10 time the actual cost.

We, the Rakyat could have save this money for our children, give them better education & future. But instead, we're left with no choice paying off high instalments till we retired.

It's time we wake up!! Get the facts right, be intelligent & do something about it! If U have internet access, use it, find & read the unbiased truth. Dun be fooled by goverment controlled media channel.

We are Malaysians & we are in this together. God bless Malaysia!

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
For me....it was truly a 1 Malaysia gathering. It was emotional & an eye opening experience. Something I will share with my family & friends, & remember for long long time. Let me ask U some questions...

What's the purpose of BERSIH 3.0?
When was the last time U see people of different races & age group walk hand in hand, singing "Negaraku", having the burning spirit in their hearts, demanding a rightous cause ?
Are U a taxpaying Malaysian taxpayer? How would U feel if your hard earned tax money goes into pockets of corrupted leaders? I'm talking about billions or ringgit!! Money from your KWSP, income tax, import duty, etc...spent buying submarines, cargo planes, tanks that was marked up 5 to 10 time the actual cost.

We, the Rakyat could have save this money for our children, give them better education & future. But instead, we're left with no choice paying off high instalments till we retired.

It's time we wake up!! Get the facts right, be intelligent & do something about it! If U have internet access, use it, find & read the unbiased truth. Dun be fooled by goverment controlled media channel.

We are Malaysians & we are in this together. God bless Malaysia!
You've got some valid points there. It is undeniable that there are some corrupted leaders in the govt. But is it really neccessary for the 'peaceful' demonstrators to attack policemen and journalists?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
You've got some valid points there. It is undeniable that there are some corrupted leaders in the govt. But is it really neccessary for the 'peaceful' demonstrators to attack policemen and journalists?
If you see the media, you'll the claims of protestors went rowdy and ugly. But if you see the internet especially youtube, you'll see policemen bad manhandling the protestors and journalists. Oh ya, the media also claimed that they were hit by policemen the most (The Sun, The Stars, Al-Jazeera, etc). So both policemen and protestors were beaten. But who got more?

And I do believe in Agent Provocateurs as per claimed by many parties. Like the assault on varsities students at Dataran Merdeka last time, they can go to Bersih demonstrations and act violently. But whether they are hired by which parties, only they themselves know... well oppositions can also hire some people to act like they are from the govt too right?

Nobody should go against the law, if it is a "lawful" law. Bersih's objective is to call for a clean election. Some of proposed ideas are being used by other countries. So if the proposed ideas are effective, I personally do not see any major problem for the government to implement them.

As a Malaysian, I believe that the opposition would not be a lot better than the current government if they take over Putrajaya. But at least we move on to improve, even just a little bit at a time :driver: cheers

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Why Malaysians do things always like kampung style? We can see workshop people don't wear gloves to work, grinding metal with no eye protection, working at height without harness, use normal tinted safety glass for welding, no hard hat or even bump cap at workshop and some even don't use safety boot.

Same thing applied to the demonstration.

Where is the emergency respond plan?
Who should responsible to the planning and communication?
Does safety briefing held or at least got a piece of small paper to guide people how to respond if something goes wrong?
Does any arrangement made for qualified medical personnel to standby for emergency?
and etc. (details please ask google, i can't recall all at the moment)

If I'm the person in charge, 1st thing I'll ask, how many people you expected? Then I'll open the map and think for the above things. I have to study the flow of traffic and the impact on the surrounding. If I don't get at least 85% of predicted emergency situation really get under control by the enforcer and the organizer, I'll reject the use of the place that under my supervision. If ok, then I'll see if I need to fill up those area that the organization cannot cover, like asking help from other department to fill up the gab (hospital ambulance, police force or etc). After sort out the preparations requirement, then I have to call a meeting for the detail planning discussion (organizer, police, hospital and etc). After things sort out then only I can issue an approval.

Above is the basic thing that we should do. The only reason is the minimum responsibility that we should have. We cannot do thing by using the lower head. After ejaculation, clap clap butt and go away with the mouth hanging a cigarette. We should responsible for our own safety but this one can be ignore as you are above 18 and should be able to judge. The next responsibility is toward our family (does my family need me? if something happen to me, what will happen?). After that is the responsibility towards other people (if anything goes wrong, what is the impact to others). I'll stop here cuz too long.

Some people enjoy the coffee came out from a place in Indonesia (I forgot the details description), where they feed the goat to eat certain coffee bean and then then come out from the goat shit. The coffee bean is one of the most expensive coffee bean in the world. Some of the locals and many westerners like it. Do you wanna try the goat dump coffee bean? I'm sorry, I rather drink coke cuz guaranty coke will not use such expensive 'sht'. Same as this demonstration. We cannot just copy and paste other people's thing and try to execute here in Malaysia. It may ngam your taste but not the entire society. Such way for making a demonstration is only when there is in an emergency state, example like 20-30% people jobless or no food, many people died for no reason and etc. For the reason that Bersih are talking, we should use a more precaution way to avoid every possibility that causing injuries or fatality which is not really necessary. After all if you 'sacrifice' now, how to vote and against those so call 'phantom voters' claimed by Bersih (and somehow got 4 states won by the opposition)?

For the police, I think they should consider paintball gun in stead of smoke bomb. 1 load have 200 shot and 1 man can carry 1k pallets with 2 68CU carbon tank easily. The advantage is they can control the hero 'front line' that sparking the fire + marking them without effecting everyone from the back. Wear thick jacket? After marked, a team will deploy and drag him out then put hand cuff and lock onto a police truck.

End of the day, if accept the stadium offered, no people will have to suffered and no more complaint. Amiga reject the offers before even think made her looks suspicious because she is not 1st timer and have experience on what gonna be happen. She don't really need to send unarmed people close to the border line and taking risk for colliding with police force and make it looks like police is attacking people who seek for justice and freedom. If you get hit, do you ask why you get hit? Why the police didn't start 'doing' things before the so call demonstration finished?

Learn the lesson and improve it, is the way to lead human to have today's achievement. 3 times are enough and I hope the 4th time won't get hurt again. If happen again, then you have to ask the god if he thinks you are ugly :biggrin:

AvanT

Mar 20, 2009
There're bound to have some bad apples among hundreds of thousand ppl gathered on that day. I'm not surprised that some of these bad apples were "planted" among the crowd by those with intention to tarnish the image of the peaceful rally in the 1st place.

Furthermore, there were well over 100,000 people in Bersih 3.0, if these protesters were bunch of ppl on a rampage, there would be more than just 1 overturned police car. The fact that NOT a single building or business around Dataran Merdeka was vandalized, broken into, or set on fire tells us alot.

Did the demonstrators really attack policemen & journalists? Where did U get this from?

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
There're bound to have some bad apples among hundreds of thousand ppl gathered on that day. I'm not surprised that some of these bad apples were "planted" among the crowd by those with intention to tarnish the image of the peaceful rally in the 1st place.

Furthermore, there were well over 100,000 people in Bersih 3.0, if these protesters were bunch of ppl on a rampage, there would be more than just 1 overturned police car. The fact that NOT a single building or business around Dataran Merdeka was vandalized, broken into, or set on fire tells us alot.

Did the demonstrators really attack policemen & journalists? Where did U get this from?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
lol bro its not goat. Its a species of civet cat that consume the coffee beans and then their droppings are then processed.

But you've got to admit, finest coffee is made out of shit, but it is still the finest coffee :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

There were aluminium shutters, motorbikes and what nots destroyed too la. Who said no vandalism?

AvanT

Mar 20, 2009
There were aluminium shutters, motorbikes and what nots destroyed too la. Who said no vandalism?
I hope U guys understand that these damages were not intentional.

The authorities shut down Masjid Jamek LRT station & started firing teargas & water cannon around 3:30+pm near the old Magistrate Court causing panic & tension. That's when ppl ran helter skelter for their lives. Wouldn't U do the same if U're at the fore front, suddenly they pull down the shutters in front of U, and there are hundreds of panicking ppl gushing towards U from behind...stampede!!

The hell I would break down the shutter with my bare hand to avoid be trampled over.

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

Thank U bro. Pls also share photos & videos showing the other side of the story, I believe there are thousands of them circulating on FB, Youtube, Malaysiakini.com

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
lol bro its not goat. Its a species of civet cat that consume the coffee beans and then their droppings are then processed.

But you've got to admit, finest coffee is made out of shit, but it is still the finest coffee :biggrin:

I rather put a clip on my nose then close my eye and drink the coffee which made by the coffee bean that came out from an animal butt in stead of joining the party that organized by politicians. :biggrin::biggrin:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Bersih 3.0 video - Sogo & Masjid Jamek area - Follow up footages - YouTube

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

A group of police hit 1 of the BERSIH member infront Sogo KL... | Facebook

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

BERSIH 3.0: The Truth - YouTube

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

Bersih 3.0 Brutality - There is no honour to hurt unarmed civilians - YouTube

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

Facebook

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

é“è¯ï¼ | Facebook

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Cornered protesters brutally assaulted by violence Malaysian police during Bersih 3.0 - YouTube

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Funny how some ppl know it's a SHIT ade and they rather follow the SHIT as well...LMAO...Stupidity has no cure..

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Bersih 3.0 (4.28) Scenes after the Event 2 - YouTube

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Bersih 3.0 (4.28) Scenes after the Event 2 - YouTube

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

BERSIH 3 0 Police Brutality on Peaceful Protester!!! - YouTube

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

Bersih3.0 police beat protestor cruelly - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all..

i'm using 94 wira 1.5.. my problem is when i drive on rough road i hear sounds like 'klok klok klok' from the rear of my car.. i tried to empty the back of the bonet n take out the spare tyre as well.. but the prob still persist.. dang! it's annoy me.. make me feel like my car is very 'buruk'.. can any one help me?

thnxx:smokin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience