Road Blocks & Closure: 2012-04-28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Road Block and Closure on KL roads: Bersih 3.0 (April 28 2012)

It is likely that there will be road blocks & closures in KL this Saturday (28th April) due to the coming Bersih 3.0 rally.

There are no confirmed roads yet, but it is certain that roads surrounding Dataran Merdeka (which has already been cordoned off) are likely to be affected. Based on speculation on the internet, we believe that the list of roads below will be encountering road blocks (effective Friday, 2012-04-27 @ 1800hrs):

1. After Jalan Duta Toll (KL bound – Opposite the new Palace);
2. Jalan Parlimen (Leading… to the Lake Gardens);
3. In front of the old Palace (Both directions);
4. After the Sg. Besi Toll leading to KL;
5. Jalan Tun Razak (3 locations)
6. Cheras junction leading into the city;
7. Opposite the American Embassy;
8. Jalan Ampang;
9. City centre – opposite bangunan Daya Bumi;
10. Jalan Ipoh – opposite the old Sentul IPD (District Police Headquarters)

If you get any information about road blocks or closures, please feel free to share it on this forum so that other road users can be up-to-date in avoiding motoring hell.

* picture taken from Blue Jackets Facebook page; picture by RED Photography

Attachments

Last edited:

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
That is the best way to prevent getting stuck in traffic, but I (perhaps) represent a fraction who do not have a choice... a mate is getting hitched and the wedding must go on!

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hmm..why they wana make road blocks? Its bersih n anti lynas demonstrations only...not some terrorists trying to gather at dataran and bomb the hell out of it

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just to quickly update the latest that we've heard:

1. JALAN KEPONG (IN FRONT OF THE POLICE STATION)
2. SELAYANG (NEAR THE NEW WARTA SUPERMARKET)
3. NKVE - PLUS HIGHWAY (BETWEEN PUTRA HEIGHTS TO SUBANG INTERCHANGES)
4. SEREMBAN HIGHWAY NEAR DESA PETALING 9NEAR THE HUGE FURNITURE SHOP)
5. JALAN IPOH (NEAR TEMPLER'S PARK & 5TH MILE)
6. JALAN KUCHING (AFTER SEGAMBUT ROUNDABOUT)
7. JALAN AMPANG (NEAR GREAT EASTERN MALL)
8. FEDERAL HIGHWAY (NEAR VOLVO)
9. OLD KLANG ROAD (NEAR THE PETALING POLICE STATION)
10. INTERSECTION ROAD NEAR LAKE GARDEN
11. JALAN DAMANSARA (NEAR UN BUILDING)

To those who might be using those roads, please plan your journey ahead and be wary.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I dont blame not the organiser. It's the police that is the culprit for setting up all the roadblock and hassle caused.

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
After all the hardship and chaos, blood and sweat, what did they (demonstrators) get? Bad publicity perhaps? :stupid:

sky_vspec

Known Member
Jan 17, 2006
pukimak..how i want to go home. now in the office..&!*!& police, govt !!
A more 'Bersih' word is much appreciated.

hmm..why they wana make road blocks? Its bersih n anti lynas demonstrations only...not some terrorists trying to gather at dataran and bomb the hell out of it
Wait for bomb then only set up blocks? Even with the blocks, they are able to get the police car turned turtle. Imagine what will happen if they're let loose.

I dont blame not the organiser. It's the police that is the culprit for setting up all the roadblock and hassle caused.
I guess if there's no roadblocks, chaos takes place, then you will also blame the police for not setting up blocks to prevent the demo.

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah

Wait for bomb then only set up blocks? Even with the blocks, they are able to get the police car turned turtle. Imagine what will happen if they're let loose.

I guess if there's no roadblocks, chaos takes place, then you will also blame the police for not setting up blocks to prevent the demo.
Well said, couldn't agree more. :top:

khencana

Known Member
Jul 31, 2008
Penang

agree:wavey:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just wanna ask all the sifus here... What is the consumption for the VR4-RS engine like? RM 50 for like 300km?

Lets just say if the engine will be boosting at 1.0bar, i bet the consumption will be about RM 50 for 250km rite?

One more thing, what is the minimum boost for the VR4-RS engine, 0.4bar?

Thanks alot to all the sifus who is gonna help answer my question and dun flame (shoot) me if i am wrong :p (still learning mah)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience