Perdana V6 Gearbox Problem

thing that i hate the most is to hear any unwanted sound coming from inside/outside the cabin, so annoying..
but luckily my ehxaust sound quite helpful, manage to hide any squeeking sound.. if not.. :banghead:

thing that i hate the most is to hear any unwanted sound coming from inside/outside the cabin, so annoying..
but luckily my ehxaust sound quite helpful, manage to hide any squeeking sound.. if not.. :banghead:
ur exhaust is like that coz ur engine is powerful...:proud:

ofcos la.
my car parking also look fast .. :thefinger:

aiyaa, see the appearence la bro.. black color, wider rims, i/cooler, spoiler etc..
even the plate no. itself makes ur car looks like a '3.3sec car'.. kakakaka

better to have thermostat.
if the thermostat rosak, u may take it out while searching for replacement.
the thermostat actually do a very important work - to maintain the engine operating temp and control the flow of water+coolant to engine block..

better to have thermostat.
if the thermostat rosak, u may take it out while searching for replacement.
the thermostat actually do a very important work - to maintain the engine operating temp and control the flow of water+coolant to engine block..

I do think so. Without the thermostat my car need to take many times longer to the optimal operating temp. I will fix that back.

Hi I'm new here,

I was scrolling through the thread and I'm so amazed that actually you guys perdana has such little problem.
My perdana has a lot of problem which I think that its too much already.
I own a perdana 4years already and this 4 years it has spark plug cables problem (4years changed 2sets), gearbox (its comming back again), some wiring problem(which i notice the meter lights are dim when idle in "D" but when driving its bright) and the bushes on the front always rosak (esp the straight and the bent bushing)
It getting a little up my nerves already which the problem cannot be solved permanently and yeah hahaha i'm very fussy bout cars.

I was thinking is there any good spark cables which can last ? or actually its my car has wiring problem that makes it spoil easily ? how much to rebuilt a g/box n where ? is there any oil temp meter for g/box like the engine oil temp meter ? and if i change the bushing to PU issit recommended ? as all my set up are more to standard

not sure bout yr gbox...but its normal for the autobox to fail again after a year of using when just overhauled.
have u installed an atf cooler?
go for bosch supersport (red) plug cables...bout rm150.
recomended to change yr bushings to PU if u have enuf budget..

got atf cooler all this while .... but kaki and tangan very heavy n itchy ....
kaki always heavy heavy ... and tangan always like to pull to the "2" on the gear leaver awaiting for the manifold to filp ... want to hear that V engine roar !!!! hahahaha ... but that one now seldom do already .... hahahaha
spark plug problem settled after checking with some aussie with 6a12/13 .....
but i head many feedback say very stiff

perdana auto 232 gearbox should be handled with care..
its a normal duty gb and designed for long distance - tall ratio.

PU is ok, stiffer than normal but not as stiff as teflon.
u can feel ur car vibrates more compare to normal bushings..

careful bro..u might shorten the lifespan of yr gbox if u continue your driving habits...

thats why planning to change to mannual ... hahahaha
but the dislike part is when cruising on highway part for 312 the rpm is high and the wiring for the auto cruise is damn damn troublesome ....

i wonder is there any place where u custom your gearbox in malaysia
like cosworth they do provide these services and guarantee
let me repeat one more time ... GUARANTEE
no problem ....

for v6 232 or 222 good enuf......312 for turbocharge v6.
manual no need auto cruise ma...just throw it away.

cosworth are damn good but the price could costs u an evo 3 halfcut.

difference for 232 and 222 ? which is better ?

cosworth from what i heard its bulletproof auto and its like buying a whole new set of gear box and if i'm not mistaken with 13k they pau you everything inclusive of installation and setting .... but malaysia i only saw one uncle have it only ....

Top Bottom