Perdana V6 Gearbox Problem

ATF cooler can only help to prolong ur g/box.
Soon or later ur g/box will kong definetely depend on ur driving style.
Its normal issue for perdana.
Ask ur self why did u buy perdana?Pergi balik kerja?/POWER N PERFORMANCE?
Then youll know what is perdana is all about.
He He HE HE

Salam hormat semua kawan2.
Saya orang baru.
Banyak ilmu pengetahuan yang saya dapat daripada forum ini.Terima kasih.
Saya baru beli perdana V6(2006)...kawan2 selalu kata,GB masalah,suka rosak,mahal dsb.
Apapun setiap benda/barang mesti ada jangka hayatnya.
sekian terima kasih,saya orang baru sini,pasti ada ilmu yang dapat saya pelajari daripada kawan2 semua.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

mr danz and mr neuro,
saya baru beli v6(2006),baru sangat2..apa perlu saya buat,terus servis???
tukar minyak hitam????
tengkiu.....

bro. kat sini kite kena berborak amarika la, kalo nak menyelit sikit2 bahasa melayu ok la. hehe..

anyway, ur 2006 perdana will have ATF cooler infront of the radiator/condenser factory installed by proton.
this will only prolong the life or ur gb la.
if it wants to rosak, it will. hehe.
if the gb rosak, u can either repair/overhaul or buy halfcut gb or get recon gb.
prices will be similar = rm1.2k-1.8k..

whats the mileage of ur car?
if its less than 100k km, then u just need to do normal servicing, gb ATF servicing, and do some checks here and there.
if its more than 100k km, ask the previous owner if he/she has done major servicing (timing belt, sparklug, waterpump, fuel filter, etc..)

mr danz.
i,ve just learned about the atf stuff,fyi my V6 already equipped with it,atf flush after 15-20K..ok..tengkiu sekali lagi.
this site has been so helpful to me....tengkiu very2 much to all.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

bro. kat sini kite kena berborak amarika la, kalo nak menyelit sikit2 bahasa melayu ok la. hehe..

anyway, ur 2006 perdana will have ATF cooler infront of the radiator/condenser factory installed by proton.
this will only prolong the life or ur gb la.
if it wants to rosak, it will. hehe.
if the gb rosak, u can either repair/overhaul or buy halfcut gb or get recon gb.
prices will be similar = rm1.2k-1.8k..

whats the mileage of ur car?
if its less than 100k km, then u just need to do normal servicing, gb ATF servicing, and do some checks here and there.
if its more than 100k km, ask the previous owner if he/she has done major servicing (timing belt, sparklug, waterpump, fuel filter, etc..)

mr Neuroone...the mileage is just 70K(plus)...one thing about proton perdana that frens has been telling me about is "the...(deee)....GB"...the GB thing sounds so horribles....hang jangan pakai la perdana,gear box selalu qosak,mahai,jenuh repair..etc...but i've already bought me one,i love the car becoz of the comfort,big,look hebat,....and i think perdana is the number one, Malaysian's car...right mr neuro...right kan???

so another 30K more i should do major service is that what u mean....is it mahai,how much will i have to spend for it....

satu hal lagi,this site has help me a lots...tengkiu very2 much...

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

hi bro welcome to zth, but hope u could converse in english bro...
anways do ensure yr gbox is equipped with an ATF cooler...its located infront of yr radiator.....
do an atf flush every 15-20k kms...

other than:driver: car..i can improve my english too...no laugh laugh ok....

Last edited:
mr danz.
i,ve just learned about the atf stuff,fyi my V6 already equipped with it,atf flush after 15-20K..ok..tengkiu sekali lagi.
this site has been so helpful to me....tengkiu very2 much to all.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------
mr Neuroone...the mileage is just 70K(plus)...one thing about proton perdana that frens has been telling me about is "the...(deee)....GB"...the GB thing sounds so horribles....hang jangan pakai la perdana,gear box selalu qosak,mahai,jenuh repair..etc...but i've already bought me one,i love the car becoz of the comfort,big,look hebat,....and i think perdana is the number one, Malaysian's car...right mr neuro...right kan???

so another 30K more i should do major service is that what u mean....is it mahai,how much will i have to spend for it....

satu hal lagi,this site has help me a lots...tengkiu very2 much...

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

other than:driver: car..i can improve my english too...no laugh laugh ok....
yep. Perdana is Proton's best car. hehe..
i do love it for the size, comfort and nice looks..

dont worry, u speak or type in broken english also can.
as long as we can understand and u can improve ur english..

to do major service, u should set aside rm1.5k for parts and labour.

for the gb, as long as u take care of the ATF and ATF filter; and also u dont drive macam orang gila, then the gb should tahan..

no prob sambaha...
just ensure u jaga the gbox properly, change ATF on time & the filters too......
but i do recommend to install a small fan infront of the atf cooler..like mercs ones......

no prob sambaha...
just ensure u jaga the gbox properly, change ATF on time & the filters too......
but i do recommend to install a small fan infront of the atf cooler..like mercs ones......

tengkiu mr danz....

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

yep. Perdana is Proton's best car. hehe..
i do love it for the size, comfort and nice looks..

dont worry, u speak or type in broken english also can.
as long as we can understand and u can improve ur english..

to do major service, u should set aside rm1.5k for parts and labour.

for the gb, as long as u take care of the ATF and ATF filter; and also u dont drive macam orang gila, then the gb should tahan..

i will follow u(i mean ur suggestion laa..)
drive like org gila gila,no way man(even my wife ,drive faster than me..)
i bought the car,becoz i want a nice n easy drive...relaxs.....no kalut-kalut.....no rushing-rushing...
tengkiu so much for your tips...i really appreaciate it...from the bottom of my heart...:driver:

Perdana it's price is good for it's size and comfort offered.. that's why till now i duwan to sell my car eventhough sometimes it just breakdown like last sunday where my thermostat spoilt..

Perdana it's price is good for it's size and comfort offered.. that's why till now i duwan to sell my car eventhough sometimes it just breakdown like last sunday where my thermostat spoilt..

same shit happen to me once lol, gasket blown as well. Your not using coolant or very rusty? I mean inside the radiator? and did your engine mati?

My engine still kicking strong.. probably turbo engine last more to this type of heat.. as long as dun drive too fast and boost.. i still can drive 40~60km/h back home with interval stopping for 5 mins and drive..i use aluminium radiator.. but thermostat wanna give way i also cannot do anything..

haha guess that time I was unlucky, engine broke down when was driving aggressively kaw kaw, RPM7.5K, thermostat broke down cause when my sister was using the car before she pass down to me, she use water only lol.. no coolant, so the block became rusty and clogged the themostat even after i use coolant the rust still exist.
But now it's all clean cause I did constant flushing every 2000km :D
Now another sad thing is I had to top overhaul at some place reccomended by my friend cause they were open during chinese new year and could not do it at my usual mech. Those guys con me and used some shit low quality gaskets. According to my mech there is a slight oil leak on the rear side of the engine but it's not noticeable, oil readings never drop. I even washed my engine to double confirm and it was still slightly oily there.. well shit happens :D

Last edited:
i did jack the front hood/increase the height in order for the rear turbine to cool down faster & not overheat.

other than radiator cap, the thermostat also i have spare, in case anything happens.. hehe..

but my RVR is kinda sturdy la. rembat here and there, going uphill, the temp only increase slightly.
then go down back to normal.

actually rvr is really sturdy la.. i rembat up to genting all the way also temp no naik.. it's only that time maybe the thermostat time's up.. btw is the low temperature thermostat good to use?

enjoy the school holiday laa...with family,went to PD with my perdana..WOW!!! that's all i can say....

mesti la WOW bro.
perdana/galant/eterna is made as a hiway cruiser, sure sedap on hiway..

I have got a sweet honeymoon period with my car, but the more I drive the more dissatisfied I feel about the power and NVH. Damn... that's my problem:banghead:

I have got a sweet honeymoon period with my car, but the more I drive the more dissatisfied I feel about the power and NVH. Damn... that's my problem:banghead:

biasa la.
when i changed engine to RVR, i feel the power sedap.
now, rasa biasa je, want more powah. hehe..

as for noise vibration harshness, i do feel it deteriorates with time..

I think for NVH, if your used to all the noisy cars, in beginning the Perdana feels very quiet. But over time, BECAUSE of the quietness, you will begin to pick up all the small sounds, vibrations etc coming out from your car. Then you start thinking of how to get rid of those annoying NVHs. That is what I have found out and what I did so far with my car. Bit by bit. What surprised me the most is that the barrier behind your backseat to the boot is just cardboard. Putting a thin foam layer did lots of good. :driver:

yep true also.
as for me, the engine sound is penetrating inside. plus the rubber grommet for the wiring loom has koyak/pecah which enable sound and heat from the engine bay to enter the car.. huhu..

Top Bottom