Perdana V6 Gearbox Problem

yep, for V6 better go rebuild the gbox.
for me, gbox also kong last week, but RVR engine, so i bought 2nd hand gbox je la..

hi bro, need some help here. know that ur using rvr auto same as mine. few month back my gb kong also. found 2nd hand rs rvr gb and since then im having this mounting issue. the mech couldnt find the same mounting for the gb, so he modified the mount and now weird noise came out. what type of mount to use?

hi bro, need some help here. know that ur using rvr auto same as mine. few month back my gb kong also. found 2nd hand rs rvr gb and since then im having this mounting issue. the mech couldnt find the same mounting for the gb, so he modified the mount and now weird noise came out. what type of mount to use?
which mounting bracket is it?
my front use v6, left use rvr, right use v6/sei (cant remember), rear is custom made with thick steel, made to look like ori.

which mounting bracket is it?
my front use v6, left use rvr, right use v6/sei (cant remember), rear is custom made with thick steel, made to look like ori.

the gb side and front that always kong. custom made with thick steel only, no rubber? any vibration?

the gb side and front that always kong. custom made with thick steel only, no rubber? any vibration?
no no. the 'mounting bracket' is custom made (from gbox to mounting point).
the mounting rubber still the same and at the same mounting point.

if ur mounting always koyak, maybe ur engine is senget.
or u can try putting full rubber or pu mounting.

ill try the v6 mount for front, suspect he use sei mount that cant support the heavy engine & 4wd gb. ur left rvr mount bought brand new or h/cut ?

ill try the v6 mount for front, suspect he use sei mount that cant support the heavy engine & 4wd gb. ur left rvr mount bought brand new or h/cut ?

emmm, let me clarify a bit more:

- the front mounting bracket is from the RVR engine.
- the right-side mounting bracket (on top of gbox) is from SEI (i think, can exactly remember if its SEI/V6 coz never open/change it since i transplanted the engine 3 years ago).
- the rear mounting bracket (from gbox to rubber mount) is custom made.
- the rubber mountings for all 3 mounting points are from V6.
- the left-side mounting is from the RVR engine itself.

u can buy a full rubber mount to make it tougher and longer lasting.
my front and rear rubber mountings are full rubber.

u have to check also if your engine is aligned properly.
if the engine is tilted (senget) then it may effect the rubber mount to worn out earlier.

Last edited:
emmm, let me clarify a bit more:

- the front mounting bracket is from the RVR engine.
- the right-side mounting bracket (on top of gbox) is from SEI (i think, can exactly remember if its SEI/V6 coz never open/change it since i transplanted the engine 3 years ago).
- the rear mounting bracket (from gbox to rubber mount) is custom made.
- the rubber mountings for all 3 mounting points are from V6.
- the left-side mounting is from the RVR engine itself.

u can buy a full rubber mount to make it tougher and longer lasting.
my front and rear rubber mountings are full rubber.

u have to check also if your engine is aligned properly.
if the engine is tilted (senget) then it may effect the rubber mount to worn out earlier.

im confused here. u change the inside rubber to v6 rubber? done all this at najib place?

im confused here. u change the inside rubber to v6 rubber? done all this at najib place?
ok ok sori sori. i give picture la easier..

this is example of mounting (rubber mounting)
front, rear and right side.
proton-perdana-sei-v6-engine-mounting-front-mb844276.jpg

proton-perdana-v6-engine-mounting-rear-mb844290.jpg

proton-perdana-v6-engine-mounting-right-mb844271.jpg

this is what i mean for mounting bracket.
this example for right-side (gbox) and rear (gbox)
5364926424.jpg

ok ok sori sori. i give picture la easier..

this is example of mounting (rubber mounting)
front, rear and right side.
proton-perdana-sei-v6-engine-mounting-front-mb844276.jpg

proton-perdana-v6-engine-mounting-rear-mb844290.jpg

proton-perdana-v6-engine-mounting-right-mb844271.jpg

this is what i mean for mounting bracket.
this example for right-side (gbox) and rear (gbox)
5364926424.jpg

arrr... now i understand. the rubber mounting is what im referring to. so ur gb rubber mounting is from v6?

3 from v6 (right, rear, front), left from rvr

sorry for too many question bro, left from rvr is ur driver or co-driver side? dun want to buy the wrong side. really appericiate ur help here.

u use full rubber for front & rear, how about the vibration?

Hi all Perdana sifus,
May I ask normally in what fashion or way the Perdana auto gearbox die? Losing gear engagement slowly or suddenly? I'm asking because my car gearbox suddenly died while I was driving causing me stranded somewhere far away in the middle of a rainy night. It came suddenly with a violent shudder and all gears failed with 0 engagement. Not much prior symptom except occasional shudder during down hill.

Hi all Perdana sifus,
May I ask normally in what fashion or way the Perdana auto gearbox die? Losing gear engagement slowly or suddenly? I'm asking because my car gearbox suddenly died while I was driving causing me stranded somewhere far away in the middle of a rainy night. It came suddenly with a violent shudder and all gears failed with 0 engagement. Not much prior symptom except occasional shudder during down hill.
if ur gbox suddenly died like that (no gears except for P), then most probably becoz the torque converter died (the internals gone..).
i believe just by changing the torque converter, ur gbox will be ok again, no need to change/overhaul the gbox.

actually there are many ways the gbox dies. either slow or sudden.
i happen to be victim of the torque converter death (just like u) with my V6 NA auto; and currently my RVR Turbo auto gbox is dying state (can consider dead la..).
the RVR gbox did not have any judder or jerk symptom, but while cruising @ 11-120kmh on PLUS, it drops to 3rd gear. then after several hours of rehat at home, it only engages 1st gear.
now my car is in the workshop for a gbox transplant.

Thank you NeuroOne for that. It was my first time of auto gearbox death. However, I already had it changed to a recond unit few days ago. It was unfortunate for me, because of this unexpected event my plan for turbo transplant is being pushed back indefinitely until further 'notice'. sigh

if ur gbox suddenly died like that (no gears except for P), then most probably becoz the torque converter died (the internals gone..).
i believe just by changing the torque converter, ur gbox will be ok again, no need to change/overhaul the gbox.

actually there are many ways the gbox dies. either slow or sudden.
i happen to be victim of the torque converter death (just like u) with my V6 NA auto; and currently my RVR Turbo auto gbox is dying state (can consider dead la..).
the RVR gbox did not have any judder or jerk symptom, but while cruising @ 11-120kmh on PLUS, it drops to 3rd gear. then after several hours of rehat at home, it only engages 1st gear.
now my car is in the workshop for a gbox transplant.

Bro what gearbox you are transplanting? Manual? :)

Bro what gearbox you are transplanting? Manual? :)
no la. still auto.
gatal to put in manual, but after weighing pro and cons, i stick to OKU la. haha...
got the gbox for rm550. locking and installation around rm600.
but still not put in yet coz the workshop got many cars to attend to before mine..

Hi Sifus,

My stock V6 NA '08 suspected gb gone for 2nd time. The gear can be upshift/downshift as normal so far but theres whining sound when the car on move. However during 'P' everything was normal until I tried to move from 'R' to 'L', the whining sound and sort of rattling sound came. I also realised burn smell from the gb. Today i triend to change the atf but the symptom is still there. Hope sifu here can help me on this and advise what to do next. Tqvm!

is your gbox equipped with an ATF cooler?
you only choice is to convert to manual tranny.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom