Newbie mod car need help!!

slow_tortise

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
hello guys. I am quite a newbie to ZTH.

I found this forum when I was looking for a workshop to install 20V AE111 into my AE86 for me in KL.

Around Aug 9: Met up with one of the ZTH mech that advertise here to discuss installation details. I was very happy as he seems to know all the details and problems of my project.

Aug 19: I leave my car with him. He say if do fast, 2.5 weeks can ready. I told him I give him up to one month to do install plus testing to make sure everything ok. As long as before Sep 23 can already because I sign contract to use my car for promotion.

Sep 19: Mech say can deliver. But I wait till 2 am still no word. Then I see the car. Far from over. He say before 23rd sure can. I say ok no prob. Before 23rd can, else I have to pay pple money to break contract.

Sep 23: Morning mech say can can. But till afternoon no word. I know car cannot make it by evening. I break my contract and pay money to compensate the company. I told mech now that no more deadline, just try to give me car by next week.

Oct 18 Tue: He say only need to arrange wire and fix back dashboard. Wed sure can give me.

OCt 19 Wed:He say sure can deliver. I say good and i will give him bonus 500 if he comes. But in the end, he say need one more day and confirm can deliver.

Oct 20 Thur: Again he say need one more day. and confirm FRiday will deliver."SUre can sure can. I give you tommmorow"

Oct 21 Fri: He say still got last bit to touch up. Need more time. Sat sure can give.

Oct 22: My car still in Mech workshop. Now he tells me Monday sure can and tell me to wait till Monday.

Halfway thru the project, I already paid the mech in FULL because he seems like he got cash problem. I dont want him to be stress when doing my car so I pay him all in full already. about 7K (halfcut i buy myself) in total. But i think because i paid him in full, then he think my car not important liao and go and do other pples car.

I already starting to dont believe his words because he keep lying to me. I must be stupid to believe him for so long.

I dunno wat to do now. It has been 2 months already. Can bros here advice me what to do to get my car back fast?

Last edited:

slow_tortise

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
For those that have read this, please tell me what you would have done if you were in my shoes?

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
pls give names of the "zth mech" that did your car. we all need to know the full story not only from you but from the mech itself also.

slow_tortise

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
haha...there was once i was very frustrated already but nothing i can do right? My car is still with him. I didnt want our relationship to be bad as i thought we were like friends already and that he really got some problems and cant meet the deadline.

I am worried if i turn mad, later he anyhow do my car and throw back to me...:frown:

slow_tortise

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
fstrader said:
pls give names of the "zth mech" that did your car. we all need to know the full story not only from you but from the mech itself also.
Ok i am using the term "ZTH Mech" loosely. He just advertises spare parts and half cuts and performance modifications here. I dont mean to say he represent ZTH. In case misunderstanding.

Well, I dont wish to put his workshop and name down yet, as I hope he can come in and clarify things himself.

slow_tortise

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
Have any bros here meet with such a case before?

I was thinking of some choices like towing my car to another workshop to finish the job because engine can start already, so just need to put back wiring and dashboard and seats only. Money I dont care already, even willing to give the other workshop 1k to concentrate on my car for 1 or 2 days.

But i was thinking if i do that, sure cannot be friends anymore already with the mech.

How? I really dunno wat to do. Wait and wait..

evo5229

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2005
KL/Kedah/Penang
nvmm....if for me....ya we should do good reltionship....but izit u willing to let him play untill so long.....then money if with him d....so if u dun care the money...u just said u want get the car back...coz u need to do some things......just drive to other ppl do.....sum time....we must good with ppl...but when ppl start playing us....then we should know how 2 say stop......i know the mech will not good with u.....but u just say im really need my car d...if 2moro cant gv me..then i will take my self.....coz bla bla bla....just tell him u reallyy need the car....if n ot u just wait untill when 1 year??? so this is just my opinnion yaaa....dun angry me worr..just gv suggestion...hehe....nice to mee u yaaa AE 86 :tee:

slow_tortise

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
thankk you...hmm i also think so. I think i am too stupid. always believe him.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
It is a shameful....how comes such non-responsible mech wil be a zth member? plz invite the mechanic n clarify in this forum la....

if im in ur situation n no matter he is my fren o not...tat is my car, i hv the right to get back the car...or else i wil take legal or illegal action..tat's all....

the mechanic keep on delaying give back the car...wat's wrong wit him?

Some more u signed contract wit him..so KENG la u...dun simply trust ppl....

slow_tortise

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
Contract sign with other company. they want to use my car for promotion. not with mech. haha... :)

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
slow_tortise said:
Contract sign with other company. they want to use my car for promotion. not with mech. haha... :)
bro,

beter send to other workshop.....i can rekomen u to Ukay Perdana...think bout it...ehehe

u bring calculator to the workshop n calculate how much he gonna pay u back....juz pay him the job he was DONE.

reason to tow back is his works is too slow like a tortoise....u cant wait for it...unless he got a car to lend u..different story

slow_tortise

Known Member
Apr 23, 2005
thank you for your offer. :)

Money i dont care already, i dont expect him to return me anything.

I hoping he will see this and come in to clarify. Over the phone his explaination also not very clear.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm noobie in mod car scene...

So I need an advice from all..all...all....sifu in here....:adore:

I'm :driver: Satria GTi standard piang.... n I'm thinking about to change camshaft. Whats set is better???

272/272 o 270/260??? did I need to change spring too???

And please tell me bout a/cond n idle condition when I change the cam...

Really...really..really need an advice from all..all...all....sifu in here....:adore:

Thx in advance...:biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience