help! carburettor problem!

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
hi everyone..i run a 1996 tiara..the engine uses carburettor and recently i noticed there's smell of petrol coming from my engine..sent it to the mech and asked him to check..after checking, he said something behind my carb leaked and needed to be replaced..i got 2 options:

1. Replace the entire carb which would cost me 880 for a new one as the torn part which is rubber cannot be replaced. No replacement parts.

2. Rebuild the carburettor with a carburettor rebuild kit which would cost me around 400+ including gaskets and everything.

Guys..need your opinion. Is my mech ripping me off or is he telling the truth. He told me carbs for tiara is very expensive and rare.

Is there any possibility that i can change my fuel system from Carb to EFI and how much would it cost? Thanks guys. Need serious help here. The carb problem is killing my FC.

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
frm wat i know carby parts are not very easy to find.especially tiara ones.
so he maybe true about the part where he said he cant find spares.

hrmm..y dont u just get a citeron X4 replacement? XD im not sure how much is that..try asking ur mech.

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
thanks 4 ur opinion fluffy..i'm really lost and frustrated here..so expensive one..is it possible to custom the intake manifold and shoehorn carby from another car in? i mean throw away the current intake manifold and custom a new one to fit other carby..maybe put iswara carby...any opinion on this?

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
i think if u custom do one will be a bigger bomb that wat u are gonna pay with the earlier options. :_:

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
true.. custom made a manifold ain't cheap too. but if me, i'll look at this thing this way lar, asume it's save to run the carb that leaks abit.

must consider how much petrol am i wasting per full tank of fuel. If i lost rm10 per tank of fuel at leaking, and i need 2 full tank of fuel a month. RM880 is gonna take me 3 year 8 months to earn back from the saving man.. hahahahaha

but then it might got worse and eventually need replacing lor.. I myself might try to fabricate an adapter that will allow you to fit a bigger carburator on the current original intake manifold, but not sure if it will work or not lar.

kelvio

1,000 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
selangor
www.geocities.com
hmm carb kit that expensive 1 mehO_o or because its rare

hmmm i think is best to go for the carb kit if u change the whole carb is like buying a new engine

hmm maybe u try survay around first lar try ask proton service also

khen

500 RPM
May 20, 2005
Malaysia
wei khee

i suggest u consult ur machanics first
ask him da options u have

then onli u decide

if u wan iswara carb hehe i have 2 units here

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
ok i'll try to ask proton service and see if they have the new or rebuild kit. rm880 is very expensive, close to a new engine. mira halfcut costs around 1000+ minus gearbox..

khen, i went to my mech yesterday and as posted above i only have 2 options. btw, how much for one of those iswara carbs?

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
u cant plug and play a mira in a tiara.sorry.

the iswara carb?i think would be around 200-300.if im not wrong.and u have to get an adapter to fit it.its larger. :)

kelvio

1,000 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
selangor
www.geocities.com
aii i didnt notice its a signature also hehehe

kenklyap

Known Member
Sep 19, 2006
the best way is replace it with new one.coz the brand new one can use for another 10 years.just looking for the low cost one!

khen

500 RPM
May 20, 2005
Malaysia
weikhee86 said:
ok i'll try to ask proton service and see if they have the new or rebuild kit. rm880 is very expensive, close to a new engine. mira halfcut costs around 1000+ minus gearbox..

khen, i went to my mech yesterday and as posted above i only have 2 options. btw, how much for one of those iswara carbs?

yea around 200-300 frm half cut i think

try find at da forum
some of them selling cheaper than tat
:)
if u hv da budget then get ur self da mira halfcut
on da other hand, mayb u can try install weber da cost is also around 800 like tat or mayb cheaper

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hai everybody,i drive satria gti 2000 with vr4 engine,td05,.now im looking for good workshop dat can provide good service to my car with reasonable price ofcoz...area kl or selangor.urgent.....tq:burnout:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience