New method of measuring fuel consumption/efficiency

Cannot la..if I drive a slow car and try to speed..very paiseh because no matter how I floor I pedal, the car is still damn slow wahahaha. But it actually more thrill to drive a slow car fast than vice versa.

I am now monitoring my FC...just installed firestorm. So far so good. Subang - KL - Subang..now doing 16.2km/l, unofficial result. Will have to do 3 tanks and take the average. Previously my best FC for this route was 15.4km/l. Initial data is promising. Lets hope it really helps the FC if not I'm gonna let my dog chew that thing.

It made my car stalled somewhere in Kelantan 1 year ago. Cost me towing to sc and removed the device then engine went normal again. Maybe that thing I bought is defective one in a million?

It made my car stalled somewhere in Kelantan 1 year ago. Cost me towing to sc and removed the device then engine went normal again. Maybe that thing I bought is defective one in a million?

Lol dude u didn't keep a spare fuse in your car? If the firestorm fails, then just unplug it and put back the normal fuse. Now it's already in my mind that if engine can't start, check firestorm first, then battery haha. Btw then how was it? Did you claim the warranty?

Vr2 taikor: the cost is 230. But it is lifetime thus I can bring it to another car. One disadvantage is that it doesn't has warranty card. Only trust between seller and us. So far I've read mostly good review bout the seller. I'm thinking to test 3 tanks with FS, and 3 tanks without and take the average. Any fuel saved would be the amount of $$ for every tank. But ROI won't be short I believe. Very high possibility of after 3-4 years, at current petrol price.

Lol dude u didn't keep a spare fuse in your car? If the firestorm fails, then just unplug it and put back the normal fuse. Now it's already in my mind that if engine can't start, check firestorm first, then battery haha. Btw then how was it? Did you claim the warranty?

Vr2 taikor: the cost is 230. But it is lifetime thus I can bring it to another car. One disadvantage is that it doesn't has warranty card. Only trust between seller and us. So far I've read mostly good review bout the seller. I'm thinking to test 3 tanks with FS, and 3 tanks without and take the average. Any fuel saved would be the amount of $$ for every tank. But ROI won't be short I believe. Very high possibility of after 3-4 years, at current petrol price.

Installing firestorm in my car need one of the ignition wire to be cut and firestorm wired in. Not really plug and play. I left the firestorm behind in the sc in Kelantan, forgot to take back for warranty claim. I only informed the seller of the problem long after that.

Installing firestorm in my car need one of the ignition wire to be cut and firestorm wired in. Not really plug and play. I left the firestorm behind in the sc in Kelantan, forgot to take back for warranty claim. I only informed the seller of the problem long after that.

I see..I think they should use a connector to install instead of tapping and taping. At least with connector the user can install/remove at anytime.

Where you bought from? I remember talking to one fellow in LYN forum on this...

I am now monitoring my FC...just installed firestorm. So far so good. Subang - KL - Subang..now doing 16.2km/l, unofficial result. Will have to do 3 tanks and take the average. Previously my best FC for this route was 15.4km/l. Initial data is promising. Lets hope it really helps the FC if not I'm gonna let my dog chew that thing.

Where did you install that and how much was it? I was also offered this but still skeptical and actually quite worry after seeing the video. Scared that so much spark will damage my GDI engine.

Where did you install that and how much was it? I was also offered this but still skeptical and actually quite worry after seeing the video. Scared that so much spark will damage my GDI engine.

Gdi engine? What car r u driving? I guess shouldn't be a problem with direct injection engine..my opinion la.

I bought it for 230. Actually it's a present lol and it cost 230. Once installed, I noticed the lower power band is smoother. Saying that less laggy. But in terms of power, I don't think the improvement, if any, is significant. One thing I clearly noticed is that I can accelerate (well slowly) from 40km/h with 5th gear with less vibration n lag.

Gdi engine? What car r u driving? I guess shouldn't be a problem with direct injection engine..my opinion la.

I bought it for 230. Actually it's a present lol and it cost 230. Once installed, I noticed the lower power band is smoother. Saying that less laggy. But in terms of power, I don't think the improvement, if any, is significant. One thing I clearly noticed is that I can accelerate (well slowly) from 40km/h with 5th gear with less vibration n lag.

Toyota Mark X.
That's cheap if it really works.

The other day someone was arguing regarding fuel consumption. Let me post out what the person told me about fuel efficiency.

Myvi 1.3 and 1.5 drive and press the same level of petrol. 1.5 will be faster rite? Since it use the same level of petrol. Let 1sec = 0.1litre of petrol.
Another example.
The myvi 1.3 take 5 sec to reach 10m .
Compare with
Myvi 1.5 take 5 sec to reach 10.5m.
Myvi 1.3 used (0.5litre/10m)= 0.05litre/meter
Myvi 1.5 used (0.5litre/10.5m)=0.0476 litre/meter.

I was dumbstruck when I read this... First time in my life I heard such a thing. :adore: this person just rewrote the history of how to measure fuel consumption

I bet this guy are ex-waterpump technician who think car's fuel pump works exactly same way. Once u start the car, the pump will run at specific liter/second rate without return fuel line. U need to drive as fast as u can once u start the engine to achieve most efficient result (and spill less fuel on your house floor since no return pipe like waterpump). Dont tell he dont know about a/f, load n everythings. He dont even know that this things exist.

Renesis as least a proven result to show your Fuel Consumption Professional Friend. :rofl:

WA002.jpg

WA003.jpg

WA004.jpg

Taken from this thread:
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-talk/435027-asian-auto-fuel-efficiency-awards-2012-reveals-the-most-fuel-efficient-vehicles.html

But vios not listed in it, Maybe just latest cars or so. Even CR-Z not listed in Hybrid category.

But 1 thing is Myvi 1.5L not even listed as winner for best FC car award :rofl: but 1.3L is :biggrin:

Renesis as least a proven result to show your Fuel Consumption Professional Friend. :rofl:

WA002.jpg

WA003.jpg

WA004.jpg

Taken from this thread:
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-talk/435027-asian-auto-fuel-efficiency-awards-2012-reveals-the-most-fuel-efficient-vehicles.html

But vios not listed in it, Maybe just latest cars or so. Even CR-Z not listed in Hybrid category.

But 1 thing is Myvi 1.5L not even listed as winner for best FC car award :rofl: but 1.3L is :biggrin:

Haha, Myvi 1.3 VS 1.5 is the center point of this thread. :rofl:

Civic,Jazz,Insight & Cr-z is not real hybrid, All disqualified coz not qualified to be called a hybrid...Just a large Duracell assist.

Civic,Jazz,Insight & Cr-z is not real hybrid, All disqualified coz not qualified to be called a hybrid...Just a large Duracell assist.

Damn! Then those who think buying Civic Hybrid can saves more fuel being cheated :stoned:

Quite surprised to see the big E200K is right up there with about 17.8km/ltr beating many well renowned small eco cars.

a myvi 1.3 got the awards for good FC, but 1.5L myvi didnt even get any.

So proven Myvi 1.3 FC better than 1.5 :biggrin:

1.5 not tested :rolleyes:....hahahahaha:rofl:

Mr '1.5 Myvi wins 1.3 Myvi FC' will be so shocked if he sees this. Or wait... I remember this theory. He will say all these results here are tested on machine and not through real world driving. Then he'll start his real driving got air resistance, road surface condition and bla bla. At the end, he will say 1.5 wins because it has more power to overcome all these compared to the weaker 1.3. :rofl:

Preve is luxury family carrr? Err...ok..I dint know that..

I don't know how the results are obtained but you can find avanza 1.5l in the list. Same engine as myvi 1.5l. So it could be somewhere around that figure. Also, ironically, Preve is more fuel efficient than saga, and often that we heard saga is not a fuel efficient car. Hmmm...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom