Asian auto fuel efficiency awards 2012 reveals the most fuel efficient vehicles

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
This is the 5th year for the Asian Auto Fuel Efficiency Awards and it has, like in previous years revealed some interesting facts about all the new vehicles that have been launched in Malaysia. The ‘interesting’ fact is that many of these new vehicles have not been able to produce better fuel consumption against older vehicles in its individual segments as there have been a number of returning winners holding on to their 1st place titles.

This award is a first for the Malaysian and regional automotive industry and is the only automotive award that encourages car manufacturers to offer better quality vehicles with the latest engineering and technology that promotes fuel efficiency and lower emissions.

Over 200 vehicles from 31 car brands were audited and the winners were segregated into 18 segments.

Every legitimate car sold in Malaysia is included in the audit each and every year.

The results from the audit show us that some petrol engines are starting to creep up to hybrid cars in terms of fuel efficiency.

The 3 biggest winners this year came from Ford, Toyota and Volkswagen. This clearly reveals that engine downsizing coupled with turbo-charging assists in better fuel consumption and hybrid cars maintain their lead in the reduction of fuel usage.

Asian Auto magazine hopes that this awards will provide consumers with ‘real’ accurate fuel efficiency figures for consumers to get the best value and to create a platform to spur car companies to bring in the latest models to offer Malaysians better options for their next car purchase. As the benchmark for the most up-to-date car price list in the country and monthly provider of the most complete Malaysian motoring information, Asian Auto magazine believes Malaysians should enjoy better technologies and the latest models of vehicles as well.

The contenders at the Awards ceremony this year competed in 18 categories including Compact City Cars, Compact Premium Cars, Small Family Cars, Small Premium Family Cars, Luxury Family Cars, Premium Family Cars, Executive Cars, Premium Executive Cars, Super Saloons, Performance Coupe Cars, Performance Hot Hatch, Pickup Trucks, Compact and Luxury MPV, Compact SUV, Premium SUV, Luxury SUV and Hybrids.

VDread

Known Member
Sep 27, 2008
MyVi is rated to have higher fuel consumption compared to Preve / Saga. Interesting.
he Awards didn't specify which Preve model was used for the 'audit' tho'.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Was the Myvi a Manual version or Automatic?
Preve probably the CFE with CVT.

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
i have driven saga 1.3 manual for a month and i can assure u guys that it does not have fc stated above, more like 9~10l/km, prolly they drive below 70km/h because above that speed, the rpm is still quite high even at 5th gear

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i have driven saga 1.3 manual for a month and i can assure u guys that it does not have fc stated above, more like 9~10l/km, prolly they drive below 70km/h because above that speed, the rpm is still quite high even at 5th gear
I think its mostly optimum speed on highway driving...

Normal driving wont get such figures, I bet you!:thefinger:

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
I think its mostly optimum speed on highway driving...

Normal driving wont get such figures, I bet you!:thefinger:
how many time did we need to tell Malaysian...
these are done by professional in a controlled environment...

you can never replicate that...

later, saw Crash Test and said, "aiya, drive at 110km/h how to survive, even in 7 series..."..

anyway,
I think Preve could be the turbo version with CVT..
good efficiency there...

Last edited:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
how many time did we need to tell Malaysian...
these are done by professional in a controlled environment...

you can never replicate that...

later, saw Crash Test and said, "aiya, drive at 110km/h how to survive, even in 7 series..."..

anyway,
I think Preve could be the turbo version with CVT..
good efficiency there...
No brainers.
Never think before they talk.
So bored of these people dy.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everyone :) i'm very confused with this 4g93 engine until everyone gave different opinions and answers that made me even confused :dontknow: . By the way anyone who don't know me, I'm studying in The Otomotif College (TOC) for Dip. in Motorsports Technology. I'm always kindda curious about engines and stuffs. :biggrin: .

OKAY! back to the point, Everyone knows that the 4g92 (1.6L) variant has MIVEC, My question is why do people post and claim that they have a 4g93 (1.8L) MIVEC and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience