Need some advise on the engine oil

Originally posted by Esky@Jul 14 2004, 12:58 PM
Hv heard from a fren that actually there's a tool that can adjust these hydraulic tappes, but then it's a lot of work and selling u 16 new ones is easier!

A shop in Jln Tangki Air in JB can do this, I mean the adjusting.
hi Esky,

may i know whr is the place located (as i'm from JB too) and how much they charge for it? How long can it be last after the adjusting?

;)

Originally posted by Esky@Jul 14 2004, 12:58 PM
Hv heard from a fren that actually there's a tool that can adjust these hydraulic tappes, but then it's a lot of work and selling u 16 new ones is easier!

A shop in Jln Tangki Air in JB can do this, I mean the adjusting.
as far as i know...for 4G93T isn't adjustable...dun need waste time.

yes, my engine is using the oil now. endless semi-synt cost rm85. previously, mine was using shell semi-synt. so, the oil is good enough for my engine. i more..the oil is imported directly from jap.

I think all 4G63 , 4G93 can't be adjusted. If u change it, u need to change all 16 :P and the noise will come back after 1 or 2 month time. ( My frend 4G93T changed it).

i think Castrol RS is 20/50 but i forgot already need to check it at home.

Guys,

I'm using the Castrol Magnetec 10/40W, the teppet sound only can be heard when I start the engine in the morning.

After 10 minutes, it goes silent :) hehehe! Cool. And it's kinda cheap, just cost me RM68. Not too bad lar... :D

hi all SIFU.....10w/40.... the 10w means the size of oil molekule rite? but i dono wat's the 40 stand for...can any sifus tell me? :huh:

da back numering is da how much heat da oil can withstand..

da higher the better :)

guys, share share ler, which engine oil u guys r using, gonna change mine soon.

- Castrol Magnetec 10/40W
- Endless Semi Synthetic (xx/xxW)
- **Somemore?**

Cheers~

castrol magnetec quite good dee lo
i'm using mobil super S semi synthetic 10W40 also....still ok la,next oil change will use back castrol la,just wanna try out mobil only la,ehhe

hi guys,

You might want to try put in a can of NASA oil treatment when you change your engine oil. I have tested and it reduce the teppet sound on my engine, damn quiet now. Guess what it only cost me about RM16.

Just a sharing for those who has the same problem as mine (teppet sound). Thanks. :)

hi all,
mine one mazda b8 also the same problem, just changed block coz overheat :( before i was using total 10-50 plus yau ching, ten very good oh ! no sound at all. now using Aero brand from US, not so good. goona change back to Total + yau ching. U guys should consider for next oil change.

after first service my 4g oso starting to make some noise ^^;... very very seldom i get the tak tak tak noise from a cold morning start, however after driving it a while and revving a lil there is a very distinctive noise from the engine... more like tik tik tik /sigh damn annoying lol. its not loud tho, you can't hear it when inside the cabin

guess i'll go try back castrol magnatec when i need to service my car

Originally posted by tonytony@Aug 23 2004, 02:59 PM
hi all,
mine one mazda b8 also the same problem, just changed block coz overheat :( before i was using total 10-50 plus yau ching, ten very good oh ! no sound at all. now using Aero brand from US, not so good. goona change back to Total + yau ching. U guys should consider for next oil change.
wat is "yau ching" ?

yau ching = oil additives, the cheap & thick ones...
BUT these would do harm to the valves on the piston as thickness = carbon build-up.
getz rid of the tak tak tak sound though. my lifters are already distorting my idling speed ... but don care la... NO $$$$$$$$ !!!!

so how about my prob? its not tak tak tak its more like tik tik tik tik .. no more like chik chik chik...yea thast it. so how what to do?

TonyTony,

Are you sure that it will do harm to the valves if you use the so called "oil treatment"...? I thought it supposed to protect the engine, smoother, make the engine "quiet", reduce friction...? I might be wrong. Thanks :huh:

Originally posted by dolly@Aug 24 2004, 02:40 PM
so how about my prob? its not tak tak tak its more like tik tik tik tik .. no more like chik chik chik...yea thast it. so how what to do?
my 4G used to have this sound , tak tak sound then i change to Castrol RS, now the sound gone..... :P or add X1R oil treatment, my mech can reduce the sound also...

castrol RS = 20w/50? my last oil change was magnatec and the noise still wont go away..........even plus a can of bardhal.

cypress8,
yeah the cheap addictives will do damage to the valves and seals coz when its thick and hot in the chamber then carbon deposits will accumulate over time. BUT apparently the more expensive addictives, RM 80 & above does not cause carbon deposits in the chamber. have you tried engine cleaning before ? coz the owner can apprently see the results of cheap addictives. I missed mine before.

guys, i think no need to try diff brands of oil, hydraulic lifters need pressure to operate. when it goes weak, it'l be weak with whatever oil. either don care or spend money to replace, also no guarantee. tricks of the trade for the automobile industry !

yep...it 20/50 ...quite good but expensive la...but it sure the solve the tak tak sound.... :D

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom