ok,guys,need some info on meters...

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Up Yours
Well,since i don't play performance but i still wanna monitor my engine what meters are recommended prolly like volt,oil temp,oil pressure,oil press and vacuum?
Also need some advise on how to read each n every meter...thx in advance for the feedbacks... :D

DeepBluez

Sep 17, 2004
www.pro-hatch.net
PocketRocket said:
Well,since i don't play performance but i still wanna monitor my engine what meters are recommended prolly like volt,oil temp,oil pressure,oil press and vacuum?
Also need some advise on how to read each n every meter...thx in advance for the feedbacks... :D
buy from me then i will teach u :D

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Up Yours
yes,thats y i need to know evrything about wat im buying

Feric

Jun 12, 2005
deepblues... i need some price listing from you.. i interested on this meter as well..
pls call or sms me at 016-6806846

WAJA2003

Hehe wanna good reading meter...
Go buy DEFI full set lorrr......sure nice n good reading...n now popular mahh..

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Up Yours
full set defi's popular for car thieves worr...haha...

SABAH
www.irs-asia.com
If engine is NA setup and I have a low to medium budget, then I might install Volt, Oil Pressure, Vacuum, and maybe a Water Temp meter. If budget a bit higher, then will add an Ext Temp meter.

If running a turbocharged engine, then I will go for Boost, Ext Temp, and Oil Pressure meter. If have little extra money then might install Water Temp and Volt meter.

Just my opinion. :)

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Up Yours
i was hoping i can get a better understanding on these meters i mentioned...so i'd know wat to get rather than putting it 'for show'...

silllver

Mar 31, 2005
Johor
wht is for volt meter? Any purpose of it?
Izzit can check wheather its time to change your car battery?

fritz

Jan 11, 2005
www.mrbaoz.com.my
Volt meter is not to check ur car battery thingy..wen ur engine is at stable state..means ur engine is heated up..u will read ur volt meter needle around the center..this is wat i learned in uni..haha..those BIG theory..need long to explain~!
About Vacuum..something related to engine intake n exh...LONG story again..if wan..take my experiment notes n read..haha!

fstr

Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
aiya pocroc...get all the meters from buluZ or unker silent ma...sure they teach u one even b4 buying...sumore also can teach u sex education on the spot...hehehehhehehehe:D

alexz

Nov 22, 2004
here's a quickie...

voltmeter - look to see its around 12volts. if lower, maybe ur alternator or battery kong, u have been using radio or lights without switching on the engine. if volts lower than 12 after shutdown engine may not start.

oil press - see the pressure at idle. anything lower than that means the oil pump kong, or oil pan leak. no oil press equals no lubrication, engine will become instant fireworks.

fuel press - important for turbo. the normal press is when you are driving normally. when driving hard, if fuel pressure becomes lower than usual, back off. it could mean the fuel pump kong, u r boosting over your fuel supply capacity etc. not enough fuel, engine can become fireworks also.

vacuum,boost meter - not important in NA cars (vacuum meter) but boost meter important in turbo cars. to see whats the current boost level, if turbo is working okay, wastegate functional or not etc.

exhaust temp - important for turbo cars. lower than normal means too much fuel. hotter than normal too little fuel. used mainly in tuning the engine alongside the air fuel ratio meter.

air fuel ratio meter - the normal "kedai abang" type doesnt tell you much. the wide band type is used for tuning the engine. tells you how much air and fuel the engine burns from an oxygen sensor in the exhaust.

anything that i miss??

Hey guys, I own a wira a/b 1.5
what mod can i do to increase comfort level when on highway with high speed?
light mod suggestions r preferable. but major mod suggestions also acceptable..