Need help for Supra upgrade!!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

lousyblade

May 17, 2006
car model: Supra twin turbo '96
transmission: automatic:confused_smile:
mod done: air intake+piping, the rest stock.
next mod: ecu, exhaust system+rims
question: Which 1 better, Motec 400/600/800 or F-con Vpro? wat features do they have n the effects to the engine? wat is different between colour jet black n pure black? during painting job, do the components have to be taken out?

thank you for helping me out!!:_:

supraman

Dec 4, 2004
hey lousyblade: you are welcome to join us.

We are the KL supra group, there are more than 15 supras with various stage of mods in our group. We always meet up on Fri.

if u r interested PM me for phn numbers and contacts

Or maybe you are in contact already???

lousyblade

May 17, 2006
just got my car... friday wher? maybe i can jsut driveby... heheh... let me complete wit stage 1 upgrade 1st then i join u guys... hehehe

TopEnd

Dec 6, 2005
m a new member in zth...proudly own a 2JZ A80 GTE..
looking forward to meet new frens here and some knowledge in mod BPU mods.

supraman

Dec 4, 2004
welcome... all are welcome, just drop by, if you need the location let me know i will send you the location whereabout

Hey lousyblade: you want to change ecu? u know all those ecus yu mentioned are equally good but they are only as good as the tuner. U can buy a 100K ecu but if no one knows how to tune it its rubbish... and why would u want to change ecu? a stock turbo with ecu will not yield much... so BPU its not worth it unless you have APU and above... and by BPU alone you can get like 100+ WHP up from stock 240WHP which is about 340 rearwheel HP already what for you want to spend so much on an ECU?

lousyblade

May 17, 2006
for future mod... im pretty optimistic guy... no point of keep upgrading my ecu each time i put something 'big' in my car... so y not jsut put a good 1 now? tune it when it is required. got place to tune for me. so no worries... hehehe

supraman

Dec 4, 2004
hahaha each time you upgrade tuning will cost you a bomb... ok sounds like you are a wealthy fellow, sorry.

Well personally i will go for F-con Vpro if i am as rich as you. Motec is good but more complicated to install i think. Thats just my personal view so feel free to ignore it.

You said you have a tuner, a good one? Please intro lahhh cause So far in Malaysia I only know people bring in Japanese to tune our car and each time its RM 2k+ ... Local fellow i heard are either too conservative (which i can also do) or too aggresive that your engine will not last 1 WOT run. That also cost 500 to 1k+ and no guarantee one. hahahaha you now know why i said you are rich.

supraman

Dec 4, 2004
BTW your stock ecu can adapt even to APU upgrades unless you are aiming more than 500HP otherwise its no point

talk to other supras owner they all know what i meant

TopEnd

Dec 6, 2005
yea i would like to know where u guys hang out...i wanna be part of the team.
Learn something new haha...lousyblade u know wat i meant?
supraman kindly enough to let us know where u guys usually hang out?
thanks 4 the info lousy?
yea i hear motec u need a week to get it done into the car compare to v pro which takes only a day..wiring extension bla bla bla..can a auto withstand the power up to 500bhp?

soarerlover

May 24, 2006
Market Price

Hi guys,

Just want to find out from all you supra enthusiast...what is the current market price for a 1997 model supra (2JZ). And how much will it cost for a auto to 6 speed getrag manual transmission.

Appreciate if could help.

Thanks

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
Usually, people are pretty happy with the stock configuration with just and increase boost, any sorts of modification would involved a lot of money.

The biggest culprit in the 2JZ as everyone know, is the twin turbos setup which shares the same and one wastegate only. Get rid of that, then your potential of your next modification would be heaps easy with less dramas

lousyblade

May 17, 2006
hmmm.. didnt know bout that... thanx for that also... check wit it again...
hehehe

supraman

Dec 4, 2004
we hang out at the jsoc place at dataran prima.

About mods, i have to disagree with edgar about the wastegate. The twin turbo setup is not the problem the problem is the turbo itself, it is too small. Jap spec ceramic will only take up to 1.2 to 1.4 bar of boost for so long before it shatters. at this boost level your power will be around 360 to 380 rear wheel HP. Many people change the wheel and bore out the turbine and wg to get more power but destroys the consistency and smootheness of the power curve. There is no perfect way to modify... it is how much you want and how much you can sacrifice. Toyota setup our car more to comfort and streetable and detune it to comply to laws. When its modified you will surely sacrifice some of those qualities

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
did you know the reason to the problems you just mentioned? Wastegate, other twin turbos engines have independent turbos with independent wastegate of their own, such as the Skyline's engine, the 2JZ however have 2 turbos but sharing the same wastegate, which is limiting the boost and messing with the ability to keep the boost consistent when you upgrade the exhaust system but keeping the stock turbos and wastegate :)

That is why more than often, the next step of modification will involve a lot of money, where usually a set of turbos replacement with proper independent wastegates is on the list and any moded 2JZ will have their stock twinturbos setup chuck in the bin.

supraman

Dec 4, 2004
maybe i misunderstood what you meant before but for sure modding the wastegate will not give power. modding the turbine will give power but will create surge because the single tiny wastegate cannot control the higher airflow from the new turbine. So you are right about the wastegate, but i would not touch it cause all these will cost money and it is not very practical.

The cheapest and easiest way to get power from stock turbine is to open up the exhaust so that the stock turbo can flow freely hence more power but only to an extent where the stock turbo will max out and destroy itself if pushed harder.

BUT I have forgotten that our friend here lousyblade is a RICH boy who wanted new ecu, so I guess your advise to him is right on edgar :-)

In fact putting in a ferrari engine is also highly recommended for LOUSYBLADE

TopEnd

Dec 6, 2005
hey guys comments about lousyblades reflects me cuz he is asking on behalf myside and my opinion!m biz with my project car not much about it just doing my survey ard sunway and painted my car to black.
we r decent citizens...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

performance parts:Nismo twin clutch set with clutch pump for R33/R34.Toyota 1G twin clutch,big throttle body 80mm and r31 skyline half cuts,evo 7 steering.

aero kits:c-west,nismo,mugen,modulo,ings,amg,full-bloom,jp,trust,trd,oem,hamman,breyton,carlsson,syms,prodrive,novitech,zender and more~~~
for all types of cars.....

airbrush art and vinyl stickers design.....call for best price~~ ;)

for more informations and details,just call 012-750 3033 (barry)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience